Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: One last hopeless reaction attempt..  (Read 3767 times)

nunix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
One last hopeless reaction attempt..
« on: March 08, 2008, 09:11:00 pm »

My verra last reaction question, everything else I've tried to do with the dang smelter seems to be impossible.. I think this is hopeless as well, but we'll see.

PRODUCT:100:<ITEM>:10:RENDERED_FAT:ELEPHANT

Goal: turn the reagent into elephant tallow.

1) No idea what to use for the ITEM. CORPSEPIECE? EXTRACT?

2) The RENDERED_FAT:ELEPHANT bit is a guess, if someone/'s got another lead for me to try there I'd be interested.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: One last hopeless reaction attempt..
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 10:06:00 pm »

My guess is either GLOB or LIQUID_MISC.

Edit: Note that ANY reaction that points at either animals or plants is likely to cause spontaneous explosive freezing.

[ March 08, 2008: Message edited by: beorn080 ]

Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

THLawrence

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Scientest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 10:34:00 pm »

People have done reactions to produce plant related items before but you can't do it with animal related items. If we could we would have seen a fortress built entirely out of bone blocks by now.

nunix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 10:58:00 pm »

Alas! I shall have to wait for more raws. Alright, thanks TH.

Maher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 09:10:00 pm »

Wait, what?  
When I make reactions to create meat/bones/fat I just type it in without the actual creature type.  Works, but you get nameless items.  Here is one that I've been using as a backup to help out my soap trade.

[REACTION:COAL_fat1]

[NAME:make fat 1(from ore)(no fuel)]

[SMELTER]

[PRODUCT:100:5:GLOB:NO_SUBTYPE:FAT:NO_SUBTYPE]

It doesn't give it as a stack but it is an animal reaction... without a specific animal to go with it.  Change FAT to the token for tallow and glob to the right token and you can be waste deep in unnamed tallow in no time.

nunix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 09:36:00 pm »

Huh! Awesome. Well, even if I can't get tallow in one go, getting renderable fat is perfectly good enough for me. Thanks a tonne Maher. =D

EDIT: Er, also, what are you using for a reagent line? Or does it just create an object whenever? o.O (actual question, smelter can be weird..)

[ March 10, 2008: Message edited by: nunix ]

EDIT2: Yep, finally got a chance to test it. I can't get specific tallow, and it won't stack, but you can get a generic renderable fat and a generic cookable tallow, no problem. Oddly enough, both FAT and RENDERED_FAT ignored the specific matgloss (ELEPHANT in this case) but didn't throw out an error and just made generic.

[ March 10, 2008: Message edited by: nunix ]

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 01:12:00 am »

this thread makes me want to watch

Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

Maher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 01:58:00 am »

Uhhh... you see... I was playing as mice men, who are size 3.  I had to give them special equipment and all but that still get slaughtered by a kobold. So, originally you had to put a coal in but I got lazy and decided to make it "magically" give me lard so that my micemen wouldn't starve.  (If you don't have reagent's, you still get the product with only the cost of the time to make it)

nunix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 04:56:00 pm »

Wow! I thought reagents were mandatory. That's an awesome fast way to test things, and cheat some quick items in as well. Thanks again Maher. =)