Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My new shields... Dwarfs wont equip them  (Read 2641 times)

The-Moon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My new shields... Dwarfs wont equip them
« on: March 10, 2008, 07:05:00 am »

I have added in some new shields.

I left buckler the same, but i changed the normal shield to a small shield, then added in medium, large and body shields.

How ever even tho under weapons i have my dwarfs set to use shields. No one bothers to pick up the body shields.

Anyone know why this would be. The new shields i added in are pretty much the same as the original buckler and shield, but with different stats.

There is absolutely no time, to be taking time for granted. ~Busta Rhymes

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: My new shields... Dwarfs wont equip them
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 07:08:00 am »

There's a tag in each shield profile, called [ARMORLEVEL:~].  The value inside it shows what group that shield type falls into.  '1' is buckler (and will thus be equipped when 'buckler' is selected in a military dwarf's layout), '2' is shield.  As far as I know, there aren't any other values.

The-Moon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 07:22:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>There's a tag in each shield profile, called [ARMORLEVEL:~].  The value inside it shows what group that shield type falls into.  '1' is buckler (and will thus be equipped when 'buckler' is selected in a military dwarf's layout), '2' is shield.  As far as I know, there aren't any other values.</STRONG>

Well that would be the problem.. If i exit the game, change the Armor Level Values, and then come back into the game. Will it be fixed, or do i need to regen a new map?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 07:27:00 am »

I'm not sure.  I haven't spent much time working with shields, so I don't know what sets them off and what they're cool with.

Just give it a shot and see if it works or not.

The-Moon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 07:33:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>I'm not sure.  I haven't spent much time working with shields, so I don't know what sets them off and what they're cool with.

Just give it a shot and see if it works or not.</STRONG>

Alright sure will...

Okay, i can confirm now that i does update, because my one guy just picked up the body shield, so thats great  :)

Thanks a lot for the help!