Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Mod some of these?  (Read 6933 times)

Ataru13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mod some of these?
« on: February 27, 2008, 04:48:00 pm »

Hi, completely new to this DF2 modding, I was wondering about a few things if they're feasible to implement.

Pressure points? The ability to wrestle and while wrestling inflict pain or stun them by squeezing various pressure points or parts of the body.

Stabbing? Take a sword and stab into a specific location like the weapon arm of a foe while you beat the crap out of him with your shield.

Is there a way to be a pure unarmed fighter? I love watching drunks do scissor kicks on a minotaur, it just fills me with such glee and then I wonder if it's at all possible for me to do this.

Is skin in? I wonder about that, maybe have it so you have scars or scratches on your body.

I just realize how incredibly complex the body system is and then I keep thinking of all these different things that I would love to do with it. Keep in mind I'm completely new to this modding stuff, but it just piques my curiosity too much to let it go.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mod some of these?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 05:07:00 pm »

Pressure points and stabbing cannot be modded in, and to be an unarmed fighter simply get lots of wrestling skill, and wrestle you enemies (you have the option to wrestle or attack).

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 05:10:00 pm »

If you hit, what was it.. the "C" key, you can set the type of attack you will perform. I think by default an attack unarmed will be a grab or a strike, but you can set it to one or the other.

So you only throw punches and the like, rather than grabbing the upper body or something useless.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 06:01:00 pm »

ORLY

I'm glad I found that out, I was always irritated by the way my guy would do stupid things if I didn't specifically tell him what to do.

Shoes...

Ataru13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 06:22:00 pm »

What about individual skills like cooking, crafting, or metallurgy? Adventurer as it stands right now is all about the fighting currently.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 06:47:00 pm »

It'll be implemented later. Later.
You should know that firstly "adv. mode" was a surprise and just a nice addition to the game. The main thing was Fortress mode.
I don't think it went too far from what it was at the beginning.
For now the mighty Toady One is developing the Arc release, which will contain wars and massive armies. There your adventurer will see much more fu fighting in the big mess =).
And "cosmetic" things will be implemented much later, I guess. Anyway the game updates quite often, and there's always something new and interesting the Toady can show to us.
You see, the developer has a clear plan with some hidden (for us) elements and he walks this path, and it's much better than "err, what should I add next? Pressure points? Scars? Maybe red small berries which are seen only by eagles?" He's the man.
And you can mod something by yourself... For example, there's a wonderful Martial Arts mod around which is under constant developement too and also introduces some funny wrestling features, like neck-breaking (due to the more complicated body structure).
I even tried to make most major organs and arteries by myself, but it leads to faster death of your adventurer (more vital bodyparts -> more often death woundings), so I delayed this part in my mod.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Ataru13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 10:10:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Deon:
<STRONG>It'll be implemented later. Later.
You should know that firstly "adv. mode" was a surprise and just a nice addition to the game. The main thing was Fortress mode.
I don't think it went too far from what it was at the beginning.
For now the mighty Toady One is developing the Arc release, which will contain wars and massive armies. There your adventurer will see much more fu fighting in the big mess =).
And "cosmetic" things will be implemented much later, I guess. Anyway the game updates quite often, and there's always something new and interesting the Toady can show to us.
You see, the developer has a clear plan with some hidden (for us) elements and he walks this path, and it's much better than "err, what should I add next? Pressure points? Scars? Maybe red small berries which are seen only by eagles?" He's the man.
And you can mod something by yourself... For example, there's a wonderful Martial Arts mod around which is under constant developement too and also introduces some funny wrestling features, like neck-breaking (due to the more complicated body structure).
I even tried to make most major organs and arteries by myself, but it leads to faster death of your adventurer (more vital bodyparts -> more often death woundings), so I delayed this part in my mod.</STRONG>

I love the Martial Arts mod. I just wish when snapping necks or breaking spines that you would kill an enemy, cause obviously those those types of injuries are instant death.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 10:17:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Ataru13:
<STRONG>

I love the Martial Arts mod. I just wish when snapping necks or breaking spines that you would kill an enemy, cause obviously those those types of injuries are instant death.</STRONG>

What's annoying is when you gouge their eyes out and they can still see you.

Ataru13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 11:18:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by penguinofhonor:
<STRONG>

What's annoying is when you gouge their eyes out and they can still see you.</STRONG>

Yeah! Why put eyes on a person if they aren't used for anything more than show?

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 11:25:00 pm »

I don't think they can see more then 1 square away, if I remember correctly...
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2008, 09:04:00 am »

Yeah, my poor eyeless hammerdwarf slaughtered the goblin that shot out his eyes, but now he can only see one square around him.  Oddly, he never passes out from the pain.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 10:56:00 am »

Find a sleeping guard sometime.  Walk up to him, rip both his eyes out, and then try and get away befor ehe hits you.  If you can take out both eyes and then retreat beyond the one-tile sight range, he'll instantly lose interest and go back to sleep.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 12:39:00 pm »

Eternal sleep =).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Ataru13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2008, 12:44:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>Find a sleeping guard sometime.  Walk up to him, rip both his eyes out, and then try and get away befor ehe hits you.  If you can take out both eyes and then retreat beyond the one-tile sight range, he'll instantly lose interest and go back to sleep.</STRONG>

Are you serious? That's really funny, how do you gouge out eyes? Do you grab the head or what?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2008, 12:47:00 pm »

Yeah, grab the head with a hand (nothing else will work).  You will then receive wrestling options for gouging out the eyes (not pinching!  Pinching does nothing except look funny in the combat log).

And it really does work.  He'll go back to sleep, pass out while asleep due to the pain, come out of the blackout a while later, and go to sleep until he passes out again.

Pages: [1] 2