Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mod some of these?  (Read 6934 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Mod some of these?
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2008, 01:42:00 pm »

Contrary: Pinching causes pain. Useful in a pinch.

Ataru13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2008, 02:53:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>Yeah, grab the head with a hand (nothing else will work).  You will then receive wrestling options for gouging out the eyes (not pinching!  Pinching does nothing except look funny in the combat log).

And it really does work.  He'll go back to sleep, pass out while asleep due to the pain, come out of the blackout a while later, and go to sleep until he passes out again.</STRONG>

I have the martial arts mod, and I grab the head a LOT, where exactly is the gouging action? Is it way down the list?

Romantic Warrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2008, 03:26:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Ataru13:
<STRONG>

I have the martial arts mod, and I grab the head a LOT, where exactly is the gouging action? Is it way down the list?</STRONG>

If you are grabbing with the HAND, it should be in the first menu, maybe the second.

Dwarf Fortress and the Abstract Truth.

Ataru13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2008, 06:03:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Romantic Warrior:
<STRONG>

If you are grabbing with the HAND, it should be in the first menu, maybe the second.</STRONG>

Ah, so with the hand, so if you have something in your hand you can't gouge? How do I remove something from my hand? The R button?

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2008, 06:17:00 pm »

Anything that you're holding that isn't in a worn pack/bag is in your hand(s). The realism surprised and confused me at first...

Use "p" to 'p'ut anything in your hands into your backpack, that ought to do it. If you pick up anything, it'll be in your first free hand. If you pick up stuff after that, it's automatically put into a pack.

Much better than the typical Roguelike item management, I think.

[ February 28, 2008: Message edited by: Keiseth ]

Ataru13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2008, 12:43:00 am »

I just thought of a radical notion. Why not open source the Adventurer part of DF2 and then Toady can work on exclusively the Fortress section?
Pages: 1 [2]