Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kobold Civ/Adv modding  (Read 5519 times)

vilehermit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kobold Civ/Adv modding
« on: March 10, 2008, 10:07:00 am »

I am having trouble getting Kobolds to be civ controllable, simply moving the [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] from the dwarf entity to the kobold entity doesn't seem to work, the fortress mode just freezes up before it starts.  Also my kobold adventurers aren't starting with daggers no matter what skill level I'm giving them... any suggestions?

[ March 10, 2008: Message edited by: vilehermit ]

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Civ/Adv modding
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 12:45:00 pm »

[INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] is the tag allowing a race to be playable in Adv.mode PlayNow! [ADVENTURE_TIER] is what allows them to be playable normally. [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] will allow to you to fortress-play anything you like. If the game locks up, it's not a problem with entity tags, it's a problem with whatever else is linked to the entity (plants, animals, equipment, etc.). I don't know all implications yet though.

Also, only swords/axes/maces/hammers/whips/spears/pikes/bows/crossbows/blowguns can be recieved on start in adventure mode. Any other weapons, even if you have the skills set, will not spawn.

[ March 10, 2008: Message edited by: Sean Mirrsen ]

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

vilehermit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 01:37:00 pm »

thanks, but that doesn't exactly help, has anyone else tried to make the kobolds playable and have run into this problem? I don't want to have to wade through hundreds of different possibilities for why they can't currently be played.

nunix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 04:52:00 pm »

Can you post the entirety of your kobold entity? What Sean said SHOULD have helped and unless you have an errorlog.txt with something useful, no one is going to be able to help without more information.

[ March 10, 2008: Message edited by: nunix ]

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 04:58:00 pm »

You can try asking the person who did  A Kobold's Quest and A Kobold's Quest II (Currently writing Questionable Ethics)

vilehermit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 05:43:00 pm »

my DF is the current and unaltered version, the only thing I have changed is moving the civ entity.  I'd really like to get this to work.   :(

nunix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 05:57:00 pm »

Er.. you moved the civ_controllable, which influences who can build forts, but.. did you also correctly add adventure_tier, and optionally indiv_controllable, as well? That's what Sean said, and those are the things needed for making something adventure-able. civ_controllable is just for forts.

vilehermit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 09:13:00 pm »

adventure mode for kobolds works, the problem has been getting fort mode to work...  I think the main problem is getting the kobold civilization to appear on the site selection map but I'm really not sure.

[ March 10, 2008: Message edited by: vilehermit ]

Mookie Love

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 11:05:00 pm »

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the fact that Kobolds live in hidden caves, not civilizations.

However, I have no clue how one would go about fixing that without regenning a new world where kobolds do build civilizations, which would take a bit of modding.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 11:45:00 am »

Not that much, actually.  Just change the [DEFAULT_SITE:CAVE]  and [LIKES_SITE:CAVE] to some other city type (CAVE_DETAILED, CITY, RUIN, TREE_CITY) and you're gold!

That might not be what's causing it though.

vilehermit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 01:40:00 pm »

Yea I figured that out, it makes me sad I can't get my kobolds to live in simple caves though...   :(

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 05:56:00 pm »

I didn't quite understand if you got the problem solved from that last post. If you still need help, post your entity raws of the kobolds.

If you figured it out, and the cave thing was the problem, disregard this post.

[ March 12, 2008: Message edited by: Untelligent ]

The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

vilehermit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 11:30:00 pm »

Happily disregarded.   :p