Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: cap on neighbouring civs?  (Read 3038 times)

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: cap on neighbouring civs?
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 06:01:00 pm »

Technically, my alternate humans are not plain humans.  I adapted (Teldin's?) Rome Fortress mod to 173?.38a and now 176.38a, among other things.  The humans in question are Romans.  It was just simpler to say "renamed humans" than to give an explanation.  The alternate dwarves were (are) an attempt to see if I could give dwarves an extra neighbor to match the Romans.  As I said earlier, the Romans now have some six neighbors while my alternate dwarves (and presumably regular dwarves as well, though they no longer have the CIV_CONTROLLABLE token to check) have five.

Chariot

• Bay Watcher
  • Turtle Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 10:14:00 pm »

i added red antmen and they show up as neighbors in addition to the other 4. they also show up to trade in addition to the others, so i get 4 caravans a year now

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2008, 08:00:00 am »

It'd be nice to know what makes the extra civ show up as a neighbor.  I've added half a dozen friendly trading civs at this point, yet one playable civ gets +1 neighbor and the other gets +2 neighbors.  Consistently.  Why?

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2008, 08:21:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Chariot:
<STRONG>i added red antmen and they show up as neighbors in addition to the other 4. they also show up to trade in addition to the others, so i get 4 caravans a year now</STRONG>

Strange! I have 4 neighbors with a civ (Elves- Spring, Humans- Summer, Centaur- Summer, Gnomes- Fall) but the gnomes never show up to trade.

Pages: 1 [2]