Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question - Wootz Steel: Glass as Flux  (Read 1363 times)

Wolfius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question - Wootz Steel: Glass as Flux
« on: April 13, 2008, 12:34:00 pm »

With the recent mention of Wootz Steel in another thread, I've got to wondering if it's possible to enable the use of raw green glass as flux?

If nothing else, I suppose you could create a reaction to produce a new "flux glass" raw stone item, but that's rather round-about and would require a new world.

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
Re: Question - Wootz Steel: Glass as Flux
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 12:56:00 pm »

Just add [FLUX] to it I think.
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Wolfius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 01:15:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by I3erent:
<STRONG>Just add [FLUX] to it I think.</STRONG>

But raw green glass is a raw gem, isn't it?

I don't usually mod, so I've no idea if that would create some kind of conflict.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 12:33:00 pm »

[REAGENT:1:ROUGH:NO_SUBTYPE:GLASS_GREEN:NO_MATGLOSS] would make it use raw green glass

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 03:37:00 pm »

this would be a very cool addition to the Minerals Mod ( http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=13&t=000066&p=  ) but the last few comments in that thread suggest that its changing from a "lets add more real-world minerals and smelting operations" to something more like Diablo-2 and colored jem collecting to put different bonuses into objects.