Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: civ trading  (Read 1508 times)

vilehermit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
civ trading
« on: March 18, 2008, 10:49:00 am »

is there a way to stop civilizations from trading with eachother? i.e. so you don't receive any merchants in dwarf fort mode

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: civ trading
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 11:30:00 am »

not that i know of, but i havnt experimented much

nunix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 01:06:00 pm »

Yep.

Remove all [ACTIVE_SEASON] tokens an entity has.

For ENTITY_GROUPING:FRIENDLY entities, ACTIVE_SEASON is when they'll trade.

For NUISANCE and EVIL entities, it's when they'll attack (all 4 are on by default for kobolds and goblins).

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 09:15:00 pm »

Removing [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PACK] and [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PULL] *should* prevent civs from being able to trade, but I don't think it works with the civ you're playing as.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 12:03:07 pm »

hi all i just had an idee and don't wanted a new thread with the same problematic like this.
i want to make a nanofortress and i want to have more traders comming, if there is more civ with the same active saisson will they all come or you can have a max of 4 caravans a year?
and wath happens if a civilisation have more active saisons, will they come more times (so your requests come sooner) or just come in one of those saisons?
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Keolah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 01:59:14 pm »

hi all i just had an idee and don't wanted a new thread with the same problematic like this.
i want to make a nanofortress and i want to have more traders comming, if there is more civ with the same active saisson will they all come or you can have a max of 4 caravans a year?
and wath happens if a civilisation have more active saisons, will they come more times (so your requests come sooner) or just come in one of those saisons?

Every civ that will send merchants will send them every season they are active. You will be able to trade with every civ that is active during a particular season. They will come every season if you have them set for active for every season.
There's no use crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of *cat tallow roast*.

Heron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 05:01:05 pm »

Every civ that will send merchants will send them every season they are active. You will be able to trade with every civ that is active during a particular season. They will come every season if you have them set for active for every season.

(So if you want Trading X-Treem!, alter all the races to be active every season, then make n duplicates of every race, where n is how X-Treem you are.)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 05:47:13 pm »

Removing [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PACK] and [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PULL] *should* prevent civs from being able to trade, but I don't think it works with the civ you're playing as.

Nope. None of the "Evil but honorable" civs I had in my mod have any pack animal tags. But now that they are neutral by default, they'll still show up with pack animals to trade. I guess PET lets them do it? So you'd have to disable all animals from their Civ entry.

On an interesting note, they don't bring bins when they trade.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tykk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 12:48:01 am »

I actually think the domestic animal tags don't really have anything to do with trading. If you don't want friendly fortresses to send caravans, just remove their active season tags. Then if you switch your playable race, just change the active season tags on all of those friendly with your chosen race.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 09:38:17 pm »

Nope. None of the "Evil but honorable" civs I had in my mod have any pack animal tags. But now that they are neutral by default, they'll still show up with pack animals to trade. I guess PET lets them do it? So you'd have to disable all animals from their Civ entry.

I was wondering, did you mean that the civilizations bring the pack animals to pull the wagons, or were the pack animals for trade to your civilization?
I theorize that removal of the [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PACK] tag just keeps the civilization from offering those animals for trade.

I'm pretty certain that the removal of this tag also keeps the civilization from purchasing common domestic pack animals during the embark stage should you play them in fortress mode.