Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

[10sm]It's the small things v0.2 - .39d compatible

(1/21) > >>

umiman:

Basically, what this mod aims to do is improve on some of the minor details that make DF great.

Keep in mind that this is my first mod and I'm not that knowledgeable about the ways of DF modding, so if you see anything wrong or if you know if something can crash something else, let me know kay? Any feedback is appreciated as well. Suggestions are nice too.

I tested these on a vanilla version of DF and they seem to work with no problems.

Small Things Collective Mod
A combination of all that's been released so far in one easy to install format. Includes the community threat mod, engraving mod, and prefstring mod. Adds a ton of flavour text (at least 200 new engravings, a craptonne of threats, and a metric crapload of liking statements). It doesn't change gameplay in the least though, so you don't have to worry about messing things up.

Get it here:   http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=185   

Instructions:
1. Copy everything to your Dwarf Fortress install folder. Simple. Shouldn't mess with any of your existing mods or the like, so don't worry about it.

Sample:

Individual minimods
NOTICE: I'm stopping support on these individual minimods. It's way too much work. Sorry for the inconvenience. All future updates will be in the Small Things pack now.

Community Threat Minimod: Adds more threats for your adventurer to be threatened with in adventurer mode instead of the current, single, "prepare to die!" Compiled from the community. *Always looking for new threats*

Engraving Minimod: Adds over 200 new engravings instead of the boring "this is an engraving of a square". Note that the engravings might also be used for civilization symbols and dwarven profiles if they like it but it actually adds to the experience. *Got an idea of an engraving? Post it here*

Prefstring Minimod: Tired of your dwarves liking "toads for their beauty", "cave lobsters for their beauty", "cardinals for their coloring"? How about "griffons for their lordship over both the beasts and the birds"? This mod adds a minimum of 5 new descriptive texts to each animal and creature (plants will have to wait). *If you notice any spelling mistakes or have any good info about animals, post it here*

Work in progress:
Individual race-based-killing / sex-based-killing gloats
More food
More speech in general

NOTICE: If you know some good scalding comment concerning specific races (elves, dwarves, humans), please tell me so I can include it in. I'm very bad at these.
e.g: Toady concerning Dwarves, "whose tall tales of bravery were all the more embarrassing because of his height"

p.s:
- Also thanks to Fleari for doing the groundwork for the modbase conversion.
- And thanks to ivegotgoodabs for some new symbols.
- And thanks to LumenPlacidum for more threats.

Kagus:
I thought of a somewhat amusing (although not at all serious) threat recently..
"I'm gonna stick one arm down your throat, one arm up your ass, and then I'm gonna twiddle my thumbs in your guts!"
Originally used "entrails", but that seemed slightly out of character when I was writing it out just now.

Fleeb:
Good stuff! I was just playing around with speech files, added these to no_family.txtI have no family
I have no children, nor lover or mother or father
I am aloneYou can use them if you so choose.

Cavalcadeofcats:
Very nice!I looked through the engraving minimod. The "overseer" shape is very silly. And you made one spelling mistake in that entire mod - "blood-thristing."The threat minimod is pretty good too.I'll be sure to use both of these in future.

umiman:
Hey, thanks for the feedback, I'll get to fixing it. I'll also add the recommendations, but I don't think I can add the family speech until it's more fleshed out.edit: I just spawned a pocket world where the symbol of the civilization was a nude female. Sweet![ April 16, 2008: Message edited by: umiman ]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version