Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Make a one stop shop?  (Read 1273 times)

Black Line

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Make a one stop shop?
« on: March 03, 2008, 06:12:00 am »

Could I edit the raws to allow me to get a roast from the smelter or kitchen for free like how its done with the admantine wafers and stone to wood.
elp build Alabelina click >here<
Here have a cookie

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Make a one stop shop?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 10:32:00 am »

I figure it's possible, probably something like [PRODUCT:100:1:FOOD:NO_SUBTYPE:???:???]

but you'll have to do some trial and error getting it to work.

EDIT: Oh and it might require temperature to be turned off to work.  When a smelter makes something it's not designed to it can cause it to instantly freeze and boil at the same time destroying the object and causing the furnace operator and anyone in the immediate area to have a horrible freezing, melting death.

[ March 03, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 10:39:00 am »

I wouldn't recommend it.  It's perfectly possible to create some sort of edible thing, such as plants, meat, or vermin, but a meal is a combination of two to three different items, and is most likely handled differently.  You will most likely end up with some unusual and potentially hazardous results.

Fenrir

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 10:59:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>You will most likely end up with some unusual and potentially hazardous results.</STRONG>
Which is all the more reason to try it!

Black Line

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 09:05:00 am »

So uh how could I get it to make a plump helmet? Or a beer?
elp build Alabelina click >here<
Here have a cookie

Logan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 11:32:00 am »

You can't make beer directly, nor anything else that must be in a container (liquids, extracts, powders, etc). You can have them as a product, but they'll just be spilled in the smelter and cleaned up.

For your second question, your quest starts here: http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Reactions

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 12:04:00 pm »

I've been trying to make a creature that turns into a puddle of a specific booze that has a custom ignition point of zero.  I haveb't been having any luck, however.

What I'm trying to achieve are critters that blow up when you kill them.  Everybody wants that, right?