Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Well, I messed up something.  (Read 1029 times)

Werdnari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Well, I messed up something.
« on: March 04, 2008, 10:09:00 pm »

So my friend asked if I could mod in a "bone warrior" to spice up evil regions for a future fortress. I'm grasping at threads here.

Basic concept: Large humanoid skeleton warriors that roam evil areas as say skeletal elk/elephants would. If possible, they would wield weapons and shields.

After attempting to locate the raws for undead creatures and failing, I attempted to modify the Bronze Colossus raw into "bone warriors".

Any chance someone could provide some help with this? I'm quite lost at this point.

code:
[CREATURE:Skeletal_Warrior]
   [NAME:bone warrior:bone warriors:bone warrior]
   [TILE:'B'][COLOR:7:5:5:]
   [GENPOWER:5]
   [BUTCHERABLE_NONSTANDARD]
   [FANCIFUL]
   [CANOPENDOORS]
   [PREFSTRING:terrifying gaze]
   [BODY:HUMANOID:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:HUMANOID_JOINTS:5FINGERS:5TOES]
    [NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
     [EVIL]  [NOPAIN][EXTRAVISION][NOBREATHE][NOBLEED][NOSTUN][NONAUSEA][NOEMOTION][RECKLESS]
   [NOSTUCKINS][SEVERONBREAKS][NOSKIN][NOMEAT][NOTHOUGHT][NOEXERT]
   [BUILDINGDESTROYER:1]
   [DAMBLOCK:3]
   [NOFEAR]
   [SIZE:8]
   [ATTACK:MAIN:BYTYPE:GRASP:punch:punches:1:2:BLUDGEON][ATTACKFLAG_WITH]
   [EQUIPS]
   [DIURNAL]
   [BIOME:ANY_LAND]
   [NO_DRINK][NO_EAT][NO_SLEEP]
   [NO_GENDER]
   [SWIMS_LEARNED][SWIM_SPEED:2500]  

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: Well, I messed up something.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 10:18:00 pm »

What's not working?
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Werdnari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 10:25:00 pm »

I've not been able to find them at all after a few new worlds and i've lost count of how many fortresses.

I'm wondering if I messed up a tag somewhere?

Or, to be sure that they do work and that I've just been horribly unlucky finding them, will removing all "normal" creatures stop their undead forms from spawning?

In all honesty, I'm a bit lost with all of this.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 10:33:00 pm »

Im not exactly sure, but it looks like since they're not [SAVAGE], [MEANDERER], [BENIGN] or the like, or maybe it's the Fanciful tag.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

nunix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 10:48:00 pm »

Try making them LARGE_PREDATOR; check the creature raws for some examples. I've just started messing with this stuff myself, but from what I can see the problem is that there's no tokens regarding its creation; needs more than just a biome for reliable appearance on a map.

Think about using an iron man or magma man as a template instead.

As far as undead.. undead aren't seperate creatures. They're created from creatures that are.. I forget the exact token, it's something like UNDEAD_ENABLED or something. Basically undead are a by-product of a particular creature species, not seperate themselves.

This is a good place to start.

EDIT: Okay, I was looking at tokens. If an entity has UNDEAD_CANDIDATE, it can be made undead in ruins; this is how you get normal skeletons. If a creature has the ANIMAL token, undead versions of itself can appear on haunted, sinister, or terrifying biomes. So honestly, you might want to just add [ANIMAL] to giants or something, or a copy of a giant, and see if you get undead giants walking around. It's a place to start.

[ March 04, 2008: Message edited by: nunix ]