Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Grammatic mod  (Read 769 times)

Janne Joensuu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Grammatic mod
« on: March 06, 2008, 12:08:00 pm »

As discussed on this thread, I have made a mod that changes how various words interact with each other. The vocabulatory is smaller than in the most recent patches, but I'd like to know if extremely silly names are noticeably more rare. Silly names will still be common, but I've done many things to imporve names, including limiting long and obscure words to just fortress names (e.g. the blueness of stars, or the star of blueness, but not plural bluenesses, and not Starblueness the carpenter).

Here's the rapidshare link. It contains a zip file with language files for dwarf, elf, goblin and human languages, language_words file where I did most of my work and language_sym file. These go to \raw\objects folder, and replace the similar files there. Replacing the original files with these makes worlds generated with a wider vocabulatory crash, so copy your important games somewhere safe, or use another installation of Dwarf Fortress.

Janne )`*

Braingnawer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Grammatic mod
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 01:28:54 am »

I appreciate Grammer

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Grammatic mod
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 12:10:04 pm »

I appreciate Grammer
thanks, i will illustrate your inane posting as an example of bad thread necromancy.

also if somebody still has that mod i'd love to have it.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?