Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Silver/Plat/Gold don't work in reactions  (Read 965 times)

Tamren

• Bay Watcher
  • Two dreams away
    • View Profile
Silver/Plat/Gold don't work in reactions
« on: March 29, 2008, 03:15:00 pm »

Ive been trying to mod reactions in that transmute stuff into raw unsmelted valuable metals. Most are easy, for copper use malachite, for iron use hematite etc. My test reactions look like this:

[REACTION:SPAWN_COPPER]
[NAME:spawn copper ore]
[SMELTER]
[REAGENT:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:COAL:COKE]
[PRODUCT:100:10:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:MALACHITE]
[FUEL]

It basically turns coke bars into metal ore. Problem is, I can't get this to work with silver, gold and platinum. The matgloss is confusing. The name is listed as NATIVE GOLD or NATIVE SILVER. But then it has an extra tag that says "stone name: silver nuggets and so on.

[PRODUCT:100:10:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:SILVER]
[PRODUCT:100:10:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:NATIVE_SILVER]
[PRODUCT:100:10:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:SILVER_NUGGETS]
None of these three work. So what am I doing wrong?

Fear not the insane man. For who are you to say he does not percieve the true reality?

Baneslave

• Bay Watcher
  • Claymore Thrower Dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Silver/Plat/Gold don't work in reactions
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 03:30:00 pm »

This is probadly stubid thing to ask, but did you generate a new world after you did the changes? New reactions don't come to use before you generate a new world, AFAIK.
[BUTCHERABLE_SIGNATURE]

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 03:39:00 pm »

The correct one for native silver (silver nuggets) is SILVER. And you have to generate a new world.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tamren

• Bay Watcher
  • Two dreams away
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 03:42:00 pm »

Yeah, this is where pocket universes come in handy. 17X17 takes about 5 seconds on this laptop.

I think the problem is the extra modifier in the matgloss. Platinum looks like this:
[MATGLOSS_STONE:PLATINUM]
[NAME:native platinum][STONE_NAME :platinum nuggets][COLOR:7:7:1][TILE:156]

And copper looks like this:
[MATGLOSS_STONE:MALACHITE]
[NAME:malachite][COLOR:2:7:0][TILE:156]

Whenever I include any of the 3 metals in a reaction. The end result is "plain" stone. Its grey, the name is simply "rock" and it doesn't get put in stone stockpile. Bugged stone essentially.

Fear not the insane man. For who are you to say he does not percieve the true reality?

Tamren

• Bay Watcher
  • Two dreams away
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 03:48:00 pm »

Ah thanks Sean. It works now.

The wierd thing is, it took 3 fresh world gens in order for the changes to take effect. Strange...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 01:40:00 am »

Well hey!  You found nullstone!  Congratulations, bud.  But I still claim the credit for its discovery, since I managed to make layers of the stuff.

Check how much it weighs next time you see some.  Also, it's worth noting that it changes from gray to invisible to white as the process goes along.  Unmined nullstone is gray, raw nullstone is invisible (and incredibly heavy), and smoothed/tiled nullstone is bright white.