Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: DF 2010 Graphic Sets  (Read 40304 times)

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2010 Graphic Sets
« Reply #120 on: May 29, 2010, 12:58:27 pm »

New DF player here. I want to get Mayday's tileset, but the link on the Wiki doesn't work. After skimming through this thread and trying a whole bunch of the links, (Either I've done something terribly wrong some how, or none of those link work for some reason) can someone post a link to his current tileset? Or does it even work currently? I've seen some posts saying that is doesn't in 2010.
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

Roop

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 29, 2010, 04:57:29 pm »

FuzzyDoom, I'm not using the graphics tilesets because they won't work for me in the latest version... I'm running windows XP.  That's why I ended up making my own tileset (2 posts back).  I like mine because of the way the dwarves flash to a shield and spear when fighting and the other little things that happen when the game selects an inverse of the picture, but you could use anybody's tileset just by copying the picture.  You don't have to download anything.

To use a tileset, right-click on the image and select 'Copy Image' on the drop down menu.  Then open up Paint, go to Image, then Attributes, and set it to 256x256.  Then go to Edit -> Paste to paste the image you just copied into there.  Save the file. In your Dwarf Fortress setup, there should be a subfolder for 'data' and another for 'art'.  Put it there as a .bmp file.  The final step is to modify your init file to point at the new tileset.  The file is in the 'init' folder which is also a subfolder for 'data'.  Change the part that has 'curses16x16' to point to your .bmp.  You could mess with the other settings in the init file but it's a good idea to make a backup first, even though things there are well-documented and pretty self-explanatory.

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 29, 2010, 06:57:38 pm »

Thanks. I'm on XP too. I've already messed with the init file quite a bit. I'll do it in a little bit.

Edit: Okay, I'm looking for a image of Mayday to use, and there's not one on the wiki. Where is that image?

Edit Edit: Okay, I got it. Thanks. The link is working now...Weird.

Edit Edit EDIT: Problem. My monitor doesn't like the resolution it has to be in to do that tileset. If I try full screen, it takes me to windowed and the screen is all off centered. Oh well, I'll live without this tileset. I'll try another.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 07:26:16 pm by FuzzyDoom »
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]