Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Metalurgy  (Read 770 times)

DreaDFanG

• Bay Watcher
  • Hungry
    • View Profile
Metalurgy
« on: January 12, 2008, 06:24:00 am »

First I have to start this post with a small message to TOADY, yes you...
If I didn't enjoy your game so much I would [frown uncontrolably at] your [personage].
This moddifacation is all remaining metals you left out, weither on perpose or not, I dont know nor care.
This mod will come in a file form that I will make avalible soon, no later then next week, no sooner then wednesday.
It will be DF friendly, most likely a text document to be placed into the RAW files, in a stand alone partition, will include reaction process.

[Link to materials to be place here apon completion]

This material/statement is not an intended insult upon Toady, any Affiliates or Dwarfortress, and is subject to scrutany to any and all users of bay12games materials/products. Recemended to be used with an unpacking program. Any excesive/negitive posting will be frown apon.

Smash me and I shall rise again, but not make stupid threads that get me muted.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Metalurgy
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 10:29:00 pm »

This sounds interesting, actualy. I hope it's balanced well. Could you tell us a little about your new mats and reacts?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

DreaDFanG

• Bay Watcher
  • Hungry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 02:48:00 am »

realistic metal reactions, starting with whats on the basic elemental chart and working into all known alloys and compounds, starting with that iron system...that toady blotched, slightly...but I give him a 9.3 for metalurgical effort, though intimate knowledge is preferable...which it is one of my hobbys... In other words, making a uranium edged sword would apply...have to work in bonus damages some how...but thats what makes things fun.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 02:50:00 am »

I wish you'd stop using ellipsis in your sentences for no reason.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

DreaDFanG

• Bay Watcher
  • Hungry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 03:04:00 am »

Sorry its a bad habit, I developed after I started making short storys.
In addition I have a dwarves in space idea I'm kicking around in my head, but I'm having trouble with the physics.