Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: FORGOTTEN REALMS: Legends of Faerūn (0.0.9a alpha)  (Read 19946 times)

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
Re: FORGOTTEN REALMS: Legends of Faerūn (0.0.9a alpha)
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2008, 02:48:00 am »

Reading legal stuff like that is like reading some ancient book full of curses. If you do that and that at that place a demon in black cloths with a suitcase will take your money etc...
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 10, 2008, 08:45:00 am »

You've got to put a legal license in a not-for-profit mod for a not-for-profit game?

[ March 10, 2008: Message edited by: Torak ]

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 10, 2008, 04:16:00 pm »

Damn, not again... I'm bored of these guys who always speak about licences in a free modding forums =).

In this case it's ok anyway. I saw a lot of guys writing *** in their Warhammer world conversions in other games modding and it was fine. Just something like "this and that and everything goes to ... it's their trademark and I won't have any profit from it..." Even in WH universe, where everything is commercial, from table miniatures to computer games.

But don't speak about dnd and faerun please =). Because dnd modding in games like NWN is ENCOURAGED, and I doubt you should pay anything when you start a DnD table game in one of DnD universes, right? It was designed for the masses.
Also there's a lot of fan fiction literature in DnD worlds. Free.

And also it's a non-profit (TOTALLY!) mod for a freeware game. So there's no problems at all.

Also if a demon in a black clothes ever comes to me, we'll have a nice dnd table game together.

Ah, I see, you're LN. I'm CG, that's the reason I'm feeling so safe about it =).
Also Toady knows about this thread, and if he asks me to deal with this stuf I'll figure all this out or delete the mod (more probably), so it's not a problem. But I don't see any real conflict here.

P.S. I've never heard about any problem in CIV4 modding forums, where they make SMAC, Warhammer and even LOTR conversions. There're even guys from legal corresponding companies which make suggestions and comments without any offence.

[ March 10, 2008: Message edited by: Deon ]

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Lord Nightmare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2008, 04:38:00 pm »

I was just trying to let people know, I didn't mean to sound threatening/doomsaying, etc...

WotC HAS been pretty good about this stuff though (unlike TSR was back in the early/mid '90s)

LN

"When life gives you zombies... *CHA-CHIK!* ...you make zombie-ade!"

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2008, 01:45:00 am »

So I can put away the ancient book of curses? Hmm maybe we should add one of those demons as a easteregg :)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 11, 2008, 03:56:00 am »

Just chill.
=)

LN, are you really LN in all of your games? I've always preferred chaotic good or chaotic neutral. Well, neutral good sometimes, but it's rare =).

[ March 11, 2008: Message edited by: Deon ]

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Lord Nightmare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2008, 03:04:00 am »

No, actually in my last game I played a chaotic neutral turned chaotic evil rogue with several assassin levels. He sucked ass, he couldn't deal damage if his life depended on it, as it did several times. His main ability was to pick locks and disarm MOST of the traps, and almost die repeatedly when he failed to disarm or detect them. He also almost got his brain sucked out by a hungry illithid.
Then the DM killed off the game due to lack of time. Oh well.

Lord Nightmare

"When life gives you zombies... *CHA-CHIK!* ...you make zombie-ade!"

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 12, 2008, 03:14:00 am »

When I was playing Baldur's Gate, the most common alignment I would pick was completely Neutral.  When you think about it, it's the only 'true' alignment, since all other paths hold some of its opposite.  Only pure neutrality is whole and untainted.

I still played like I was neutral good or something, though.  I couldn't resist helping everyone.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2008, 05:46:00 am »

That's the problem of true neutrality. I can imagine a person with tendency to good or bad things, but it's really hard (almost impossible) to feel myself like a man who thinks about balance/neutrality ONLY (there're always some personal matters for me, even in the game).

I play chaotic rogues quite often, but I wasn't evil for a while (last time I was evil I had to be a central-eyeless beholder-mage which harrasses the adventuring party. Our master had forced me to read the "I, Tyrant" book before he allowed me to take that role).

[ March 12, 2008: Message edited by: Deon ]

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2008, 08:55:00 pm »

Neutral characters are often not concerned with a "Balance" between good and evil, they're just not real committed to fighting for any change. A lot of developers feel that 90% of the world is neutral, and everything else is the exception. Of course, in especially heroic or villainous worlds, that might change.

As for the mod, though--I'm having some issues. On a clean install, the game will still sometimes crash when I start (but not load) a game. And weirder still, I enable graphics, and it turns all my animals into blank squares, acting like I have the images for them even though I don't.

Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 13, 2008, 06:42:00 am »

BTW Deon what kind of creatures do you need most? Forest,pets,water,mountains,undead etc...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2008, 04:43:00 pm »

I don't know,  I think the magic ones/rare are the best, because we have enough critters from vanilla =).

Also I'm waiting for the next release - it seems to be unique and will change a lot.

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2008, 06:15:00 pm »

LN - you are an idiot if you think that WotC can be bothered by stuff like this. Look around the internet, there are countless mods made for countless games using some datas from fantasy game worlds, and none of those modders had any problem so far. Now ask yourself why and calm down.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #118 on: March 17, 2008, 08:35:00 pm »

gimli, what was that?  That conversation had resolved itself.  Your post is out of line.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 18, 2008, 09:33:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Toady One:
<STRONG>gimli, what was that?  That conversation had resolved itself.  Your post is out of line.</STRONG>

Hm...yeah I guess I only read a few posts in the topic.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]