Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: FORGOTTEN REALMS: Legends of Faerūn (0.0.9a alpha)  (Read 20063 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: FORGOTTEN REALMS: Legends of Faerūn (0.0.9a alpha)
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 03:31:00 am »

I noticed you use custom weapons, like cutlass, hunting knife,longspear  and trident do you have them play-tested? If so, I'd like to see them too. Because I can just arrange their damage near their analogues, but you may know better their parameters because you 1)playtested them 2)made them =).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2008, 03:51:00 am »

Well, I made a race that acts like a skeleton.  I haven't ironed out the [ITEMCORPSE] yet, so they still leave a corpse instead of bones.  However, if you want to know the essential tags for making a skeletal creature, I'd be happy to share them.   Otherwise, I don't think I've made much that would correspond with the Forgotten Realms...  

I know a few of the critters in it though, so if you've got one you'd like to see, lemme know and I'll see if I can create a passable version of it.

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2008, 04:15:00 am »

As a Baldurs Gate player I insist that Gibberlings and Xvarts are in. HUMANOID SKY SUCKERS!!!!
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2008, 04:18:00 am »

I never could understand what those little blue buggers were saying...  Still liked listening to them, though.

Gibberlings could easily be simple pack animals.  Information could be taken from wolves to figure out how to get them to ambush adventurers.  Xvarts are a litte more civilized (daggers and clothes), but I don't know if they qualify for a whole entity unto themselves.  Hmm...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2008, 07:36:00 am »

I've added your orcs + my new duergar and it gens world just fine.
I just had to decrease the number of your orcs to be not too spread (I decreased all pop number for every civ to have more of them without huge lags).
Also it becomes important to edit the basic entity_default and decrease human numbers (now they are swarming everything    :)).

About Gibblerilngs - I want to add them by myself too, as nocturnal creatures:

quote:
Attempts to find the gibberlings' lairs have inevitably led back to subterranean passages, where the trail is eventually lost in the deepest rock-floored recesses of the caverns. They can easily be tracked by the path of chaos and destruction they leave, and can be quickly dispatched while they lie dormant just beneath the surface of the ground. Gibberlings traveling above-ground invariably burrow into the ground to hide during the daytime, and it is at such time that they are most vulnerable.

[ February 20, 2008: Message edited by: Deon ]

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2008, 08:47:00 am »

quote:
I noticed you use custom weapons, like cutlass, hunting knife,longspear and trident do you have them play-tested?

Doh! I forgot all about that. Yeah, most of them have (like the orcs themselves) been borrowed from other mods. They work great. Once I get back to the pc I have the files on I'll post them.

::edit:: I may have messed up the text file for the graphics too, I'll double check.

::edit again::

Here's everything, should be 100% good to go, fixed graphics and added the items:
http://rapidshare.de/files/38626906/orcs.zip.html

::last edit:: A few notes about the orcs:  some names can get really... interesting. May be offensive to some. But then, who wouldn't want to visit The Frothy Spew of Anuses, I hear it's lovely this time of year. Also, orcs are set to like human towns and dwarf caves, so there'll be invasions. I made it a little more likely that orc towns will appear in deserts and swamps and forests. I love these orcs, I haven't used dwarves since I put them together.

[ February 20, 2008: Message edited by: Fleeb ]

"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2008, 01:04:00 pm »

I've just wanted to edit your orcs and THIS present appears =). Thank you. I just lowered their numbers : max starting civs -> 5, maxpop ->700. This way I edited humans too, so it's ok. Also don't you think that if their base starting site is CITY, they won't migrate to other cities because they already have one =). But it's ok, I want them to give you evil quests =). Also I edited their adventure tier 1->23 (1 conflicts with humans). Now I have adventure tiers: illithid 21 duergar 22 orcs 23 Now they shouldn't conflict with any vanilla and custom races..

Your orcs are in.

Also I'm gonna make all powers similar to FR avatars as creatures, and then allow all races to worship ANY_APPROPRIATE_POWER, thus implementing the pantheon. It's sad we can't use the magic right now, because Mistra is poor magic, but the lord Bane is still ok =).

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2008, 01:13:00 pm »

quote:
Also don't you think that if their base starting site is CITY, they won't migrate to other cities because they already have one

Oh, they migrate. I'm not sure about the cities, but I've seen them attacking a dwarf town.

quote:
Also I edited their adventure tier 1->23  

What the heck does adventure tier do anyway? I read its description in file_changes.txt but I don't really understand it.

[ February 20, 2008: Message edited by: Fleeb ]

"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2008, 01:16:00 pm »

In adventurer mode?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2008, 01:17:00 pm »

Right.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2008, 01:28:00 pm »

Ouch! Goblins didn't have "religion_sphere", thus they started to worship overbrains too =). I edited entity_default to give them religion_sphere:torture, and also lessened a number of human civs a bit. It's included in illithid archive, main mod and also pinned to the second post in the beginning.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2008, 01:59:00 pm »

Haha, I forgot to add illithid face tentacles body file. I hope noone've downloaded since the last release yet. Now it's fixed.

FEEDBACK =).

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2008, 07:09:00 pm »

Ok, I've added avatars of gods as separate creatures and also fixed adv_tier which caused weird race selection.

Now EVERY race worships own POWER which appears to be an avatar of one of the "real" forgotten realms' god (but still the avatar has weird/funny name, generated by game  :)).

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2008, 08:53:00 pm »

This may sound weird, but it generates the world for me much faster than without a mod, from 1-10 attempt. Luck?

I'm finishing avatar pictures and play-testing them now.

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2008, 09:57:00 pm »

The reason it's generating so quickly is because you've lowered the number of civlizations (namely, those all-encompassing humans).  That's the major strain during worldgen, and you've taken the edge off.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8