Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32

Author Topic: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.11e 20-July Read first post!  (Read 77978 times)

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.11e 20-July Read first post!
« on: January 28, 2008, 05:18:00 am »

READ THE README! It has all the answers if you're having problems. If it hasn't got the answers, post here and I'll see what I can do.

Legendary Lands mod has now been released.
**REPLACE OBJECTS FOLDER, DO NOT OVERWRITE!**
Get it here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=191

Please, give feedback. I find it very useful. I also want to hear whether Avari are working properly in sieges now.

As of 1.11e Above-ground farming is fixed. More details of creatures in the readme, and Oushyk pups are no longer known as 'otter pups'

As of 1.11d Dragons have heads. Giraffes have long necks. Incompatible due to new body part.

As of 1.11c Some more crashes are fixed. Basic stuff I overlooked. My bad. This should solve a significant number of crashes. Should also be able to move 1.11b saves across.

As of 1.11b, fixed some crashes. Unless something terrible happens, this will be the last release until DF's next version.

As of 1.10
The insectoids are gone, but much of the other mods by Nagash have been incorporated.
Metal and gems are different values, and you should have a more difficult time outside the exterior walls of your fort.
On that note, you should build exterior walls to your fort. It's not safe out there.

As of 1.09
Various additions and minor tweaks. Main addition: Nagash's insectoid race.

As of 1.08
Vampires and Titans are out from being civs.
Easy install tool provided.
Extra other stuff.
Worldgen and Play game parameters and a tool to switch between them.
With new parameters, power beings and megabeasts have a fighting chance.
Not yet compatible with Modbase.

As of 1.07
Mainly an upgrade for the new version of DF. Likely problems with everybody being killed off by megabeasts, but shouldn't happen so much with the reduced number of megabeasts. Tell me if it does.
Also, tweaked a few other entity file entries. Should be alright.
I recommend playing with an uncapped population (advanced options in world gen), since there's a cap for each race anyway, and 20000 is far less than any of these and is not, in my opinion, enough to make a really interesting and full world.

As of 1.06
We've got a range of new creatures. A few more dragons, none of which die from having no lungs attached.
I've also got the special metal of Celestrium buried intermittently in the ground. Extremely valuable, but I'll leave that to you to find.

We've also got snakes, and they work. Spiders show up reasonably frequently now too, though you should usually be able to avoid them fairly easily.

We've got some more POWER beings for the gobbos to worship, and some ENDING beings as well.

In addition, farming is that much harder in this version. No longer will you be able to get an easy crop going and rely on that alone.

Instead, supplementing it with meat and trade will be something you'll probably need to look at.

As always, this mod is not for the faint of heart. If you're looking for a serious challenge in your game, this version should definitely provide.

<P>As of 1.05<BR>Multiple bugfixes.<BR>Races are now more deeply defined.<BR>Tigermen can open doors, and commonly carry weapons made of high metals (steel and adamantine)<BR>New POWER: Succubus<BR>MAGIC WEAPONS: All with unique names. Find them on the Chaos Lord and Avatar Civ members. You'll also receive such a weapon yourself if you start as one of these creatures. These weapons will not massively increase the destructive power granted to such beings, but if a mortal manages to obtain one, it will offer a significant enhancement in power.<P>As of 1.04<BR>Now you can play as a Titan, Chaos Lord or Avatar in Adventure mode!!
<BR>Note: These make the game significantly easier.

<P>Items of concern:

<BR>Animated swords.
<BR>Giant Wasps
<BR>Frozen Wind (megabeast)
<P>Common issues arise from duplicate creatures existing due to overwriting the folder on installation. The standard creatures are spread throughout the new files. You may add additional files as normal.<P>History:<BR>In a time before time, the Avatars of Order warred eternally with the Chaos Lords, each side forever incapable of destroying the other outright.
<BR>Each of their number brought into creation race after race of lesser beings, sending them forth to populate the worlds and destroy the forces of their enemy.
<P>As the history of our world began, only a handful of each side remained. Each individual found themselves at odds with the others of their kind, and fled to pursue their own goals.
<P>The Chaos Lords, attempting to shroud their whereabouts, released the demons sealed in adamantium long before the war between Chaos and Order, imprisoned by gods older than even the Avatars claimed to be.<P>Whilst the Chaos Lords hid themselves behind the forces of goblins and their demon masters, the Avatars were more direct in their approach.
<P>The Avatars determined that the only race worthy of serving them were the Avarii, a race of winged men. The Avarii were arrogant, but quickly recognised their masters by the powers they wielded. As the chosen race, they instantly set about purging the darkness from the world, including the other mortal races.
<P>Thus far, the other races have found themselves caught in the middle. The Elves, once considered by the Avatars for their potential, now find their Forests threatened, and hide themselves from shadows passing overhead.<P>Only the humans and dwarves possess the strength of arms to keep the forces of Order and Chaos from consuming the world.
<P>Now, at last, a new force has emerged. A pair of Avatars, appalled at the behaviour of their kindred and intent on ending the war once and for all. They have befriended the beleaguered races and offer much to assist any brave soul willing to dirty their hands in their employ.
<P>[ May 30, 2008: Message edited by: Captain Mayday ]<p>[ June 01, 2008: Message edited by: Captain Mayday ]
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 12:17:06 pm by Captain Mayday »
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
Re: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.05 3/6
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 05:27:00 am »

Link?
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 05:27:00 am »

I think you should start with finding out what creatures are already done by others, and will be included in the Community XPack.

For example, I have the poisonous Black Dragon, the Driders, stone golems/warped golems/shard golems/shard elementals, and bronze/silver/gold/adamantine golem mechanoids.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 05:36:00 am »

I think he meant it should be original content conforming to the DF theme, not DnD stereotypes.

Would I suggest my hornets for this...

Are there any creatures you want me to make? This seem like a serious mod for once and I consider myself a fairly adept moder.

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 06:30:00 am »

Well, the driders are less of a DnD stereotype, and more of "cave spidermen" that I thought were rather lacking.

I am rather proficient in this modding area as well. I would also like to make any and all creatures compliant with my Martial Arts mod, so that the creatures have numerous attacks that they choose at random.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 06:30:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Keilden:
<STRONG>Link?</STRONG>

There isn't anything I've got together yet.

quote:
Originally posted by Armok:
<STRONG>I think he meant it should be original content conforming to the DF theme, not DnD stereotypes.

Would I suggest my hornets for this...

Are there any creatures you want me to make? This seem like a serious mod for once and I consider myself a fairly adept moder.</STRONG>

This is correct. Can you link me to your Hornets? I'm interested.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 06:57:00 am »

Okay, I've made the following livestock animal.

[CREATURE:TRULE]
   Trules are lizard creatures slightly larger than a dog. They possess low intelligence, rendering them untrainable, but are easily used as livestock. Their thick hide renders them able to withstand the attacks of predators that would try their luck against them.
   [NAME:Trule:Trules:Trule]
   [TILE:'t'][COLOR:2:0:0]
   [PETVALUE:30][NATURAL]
   [LARGE_ROAMING]
   [SPEED:1400]
   [BENIGN][MEANDERER][NATURAL]
   [PREFSTRING :pleated scales]
   [PREFSTRING:hardiness]
   [BODY:QUADRUPED:TAIL:2HEAD_HORN:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:MOUTH]
   [BODYGLOSS:CLAW_FOOT]
   [SIZE:6]
   [MAXAGE:10:40]
   [ATTACK:MAIN:BYTYPE:MOUTH:bite:bites:1:2:GORE][ATTACKFLAG_CANLATCH]
   [ATTACK:MAIN:BYTYPE:2HEAD_HORN:gore:gores:1:2:GORE][ATTACKFLAG_WITH]
   [CHILD:2][CHILDNAME :pup :pups]
   [FAT:3]
   [DIURNAL]
   [DAMBLOCK:1]
   [STANDARD_FLESH]
   [HOMEOTHERM:10040]
   [SWIMS_INNATE][SWIM_SPEED:2500]

From memory, I think that the description I entered should not affect things.

[ January 28, 2008: Message edited by: Captain Mayday ]

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 06:59:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Mirrsen:
<STRONG>Well, the driders are less of a DnD stereotype, and more of "cave spidermen" that I thought were rather lacking.

I am rather proficient in this modding area as well. I would also like to make any and all creatures compliant with my Martial Arts mod, so that the creatures have numerous attacks that they choose at random.</STRONG>

Well, even having Driders at all, regardless of how much they fit the idea, is DnDish.

And also, in previous days, I added the ability to most predatorial animals to use their paws to swipe at enemies.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 08:44:00 am »

Just adding these. As yet this stuff is untested.
Figure I'll put a bunch of it together and test it alongside Dwarf Companion.

[CREATURE:BLIGHT]
   These creatures are vampiric demonspawn who make their home in dark places. They move quickly and are very dangerous and generally attack in groups.
   [NAME:blight:blights:blighted]
   [TILE:'B'][COLOR:5:0:0]
   [MODVALUE:30]
   [LARGE_ROAMING][FREQUENCY:5]
   [POPULATION_NUMBER:10:20]
   [CLUSTER_NUMBER:2:4]
   [GRASSTRAMPLE:0]
   [SPEED:540]
   [LARGE_PREDATOR][BUTCHERABLE_NONSTANDARD][EVIL][FANCIFUL][EXTRAVISION]
   [NOBREATHE][NOBLEED][RECKLESS][NOEXERT][NOFEAR][NO_SLEEP]
   [CAN_LEARN][CAN_SPEAK][CANOPENDOORS]
   [BLOODTYPE:0]
   [PREFSTRING:hideous features]
   [PREFSTRING :predatory traits]
   [ATTACK:SECOND:BYTYPE:MOUTH:bite:bites:1:2:GORE][ATTACKFLAG_CANLATCH][SPECIALATTACK_SUCK_BLOOD:50:100]
   [ATTACK:MAIN:BYTYPE:GRASP:claw:claws:1:3:SLASH][ATTACKFLAG_WITH]
   [BODY:HUMANOID:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:5FINGERS:5TOES:MOUTH]
   [SIZE:6]
   [BODYGLOSS:CLAW_HAND]
   [FEATURE_ATTACK_GROUP]
   [BIOME_SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM]
   [STANDARD_FLESH]
   [HOMEOTHERM:10067]
   [LAYERING:100]

[CREATURE:HOUND_GRAVE]
   Grave hounds are huge beasts, named for their tendency to hang around graveyards and dig up the dead. They are quite savage, covered in a boney armor with sharp claws, and travel in packs. Fortunately, they are quite rare, and only live in the mountains.
   [NAME:grave hound:grave hounds:grave hound]
   [TILE:'H'][COLOR:7:0:1]
   [MODVALUE:20]
   [LARGE_ROAMING][FREQUENCY:10]
   [POPULATION_NUMBER:10:20]
   [CLUSTER_NUMBER:3:5]
   [LARGE_PREDATOR][EVIL][SAVAGE]
   [PETVALUE:50]
   [GRASSTRAMPLE:0]
   [BONECARN]
   [PREFSTRING:mournful howls]
   [PREFSTRING:boney armor]
   [BODY:QUADRUPED:TAIL:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:MOUTH]
   [BODYGLOSS:CLAW_FOOT:MAW]
   [SIZE:8]
   [MAXAGE:10:20]
   [ATTACK:MAIN:BYTOKEN:LH:slash:slashes:1:3:SLASH][ATTACKFLAG_WITH]
   [ATTACK:MAIN:BYTOKEN:RH:slash:slashes:1:3:SLASH][ATTACKFLAG_WITH]
   [ATTACK:SECOND:BYTYPE:MOUTH:bite:bites:1:4:GORE][ATTACKFLAG_CANLATCH]
   [ATTACK:SECOND:BYTYPE:TAIL:lash:lashes:1:2:BLUDGEON][ATTACKFLAG_WITH]
   [CHILD:1][CHILDNAME:grave hound pup:grave hound pups]
   [FAT:1]
   [DAMBLOCK:3]
   [ALL_ACTIVE]
   [NOCTURNAL]
   [BIOME_MOUNTAIN]
   [STANDARD_FLESH]
   [LAYERING:300]

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 11:32:00 pm »

A simple rework of the unicorn.

[CREATURE:PEGASUS]
   [NAME :pegasus :pegasii :pegasus]
   [TILE:'P'][COLOR:7:0:1]
   [MODVALUE:15]
   [PETVALUE:1500]
   [FLIER]
   [PREFSTRING:wings]
   [PREFSTRING:graceful beauty]
   [LARGE_ROAMING]
   [GENPOWER:4]
   [BUTCHERABLE_NONSTANDARD]
   [BENIGN][MEANDERER]
   [BODY:QUADRUPED:TAIL:2WINGS:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:MOUTH]
   [BODYGLOSS:HOOF][MOUNT]
   [POPULATION_NUMBER:15:30]
   [CLUSTER_NUMBER:2:5]
   [SIZE:9]
   [ATTACK:SECOND:BYTYPE:STANCE:kick:kicks:1:2:BLUDGEON][ATTACKFLAG_WITH]
   [FAT:5]
   [DIURNAL][GOOD]
   [BIOME_MOUNTAIN_TEMPERATE]
   [STANDARD_FLESH]
   [LAYERING:100]

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 05:52:00 pm »

Good call on the pegasus.  That was genuinely missing from the game.

Fenrir

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 05:56:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Earthquake Damage:
<STRONG>Good call on the pegasus.  That was genuinely missing from the game.</STRONG>

Not really. Does Greek myth conform with the DF theme? We do have cyclopses (cyclopi?), though. But there's only one Pegasus.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 06:01:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Fenrir:
<STRONG>
Not really. Does Greek myth conform with the DF theme? We do have cyclopses (cyclopi?), though. But there's only one Pegasus.</STRONG>

Same whit Minotaurs.

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 12:06:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Fenrir:
<STRONG>
Not really. Does Greek myth conform with the DF theme? We do have cyclopses (cyclopi?), though. But there's only one Pegasus.</STRONG>

Sadly 'Winged Horse' does not have the same ring to it.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2008, 12:13:00 am »

Singular:  Cyclops  Plural: Cyclopes
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32