Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 3 nuub questions  (Read 646 times)

gurra_geban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
3 nuub questions
« on: January 29, 2008, 09:08:00 pm »

1: how do i modify the amount of health points a creature has?
2: how do i modify how often events occur (like goblin sieges and arrival of megabeasts... as well as spawning of native creatures ie deer, wolves)
3: do i have to create a new world for my changes to come into effect?

thx ^^

een failing lately?

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3 nuub questions
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 09:22:00 pm »

1. Unless I am wrong, creatures don't have 'points'. It is realistic. They can bleed to death, explode into bits of gut with a good hit, that type of thing.
2. You can't. You can turn some thing s of, like economy in the init file.
3. Most of the time. If you make new objects/creatures, definitely.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 02:40:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by gurra_geban:
<STRONG>1: how do i modify the amount of health points a creature has?
</STRONG>

Increasing [SIZE] makes creatures tougher and dish out more damage.  Increasing [DAMBLOCK] allows them to take more damage.

This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 04:36:00 pm »

If you go into your DF folder, then raw/objects and into "creature_large_temperate.txt", you'l find deer in there. Find this tag:

code:
   [POPULATION_NUMBER:15:30]

This is the number of deer that will appear per year. The first number (15) is the minimum, the second (30) is the maxmimum. Change CLUSTER_NUMBER too, if ou want. That is also MIN#:MAX#.

Other creatures are in other text files. You don't have to regenerate the world unless you added or removed any creatures or objects or you changed anything in "body_default", "entity_standard", "descriptor_color_standard", "descriptor_shape_standard", any matgloss file, or any language file. (I dunno about reaction_standard)

Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Cosmonot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 05:10:00 pm »

Mechanically, bloodloss works very similarly to hit points. I asked Toady about it once on irc and his answer was along the lines of "There's this big number, and when it hits zero you die." I don't think you can modify bloodloss short of adding [NOBLEED] to the creature, which eliminates bloodloss so you have to destroy a vital bodypart. [SIZE] probably changes it too but that has a whole bunch of other effects.
Kobolds carry copper crossbows.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 05:17:00 pm »

Existing reactions can be modified freely without generating a new world, but new ones won't appear in old worlds.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 09:41:00 pm »

Adding an existing reaction to an existing stone will work in old worlds, however (ie making Granite a flux).
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 10:17:00 pm »

Do you mean adding [FLUX] to granite (which is a matgloss change, not a reaction change) or changing a reaction to use granite instead of a flux (which is silly, but yes, just a change to an existing reaction and thus doesn't require a new world)?