Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 189

Author Topic: Migrursut: What Comes After The World Ends? [Epilogue] (A Community Fort)  (Read 373611 times)

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
Re: Migrursut: Goodness is a Choice (A Community Fort)
« Reply #2550 on: March 28, 2011, 10:07:01 am »

This place keeps getting more and more insane...
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: March 28, 2011, 10:31:22 am »

its migrursut what did you think? but making an ocean in an desert is crazy.....
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

bayar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: March 28, 2011, 12:26:37 pm »

its migrursut what did you think? but making an ocean in an desert is crazy dwarfy.....

Fixed that typo for you.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: March 28, 2011, 03:30:18 pm »

Nice to see that Adol is still alive, at least.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Stravitch

• Bay Watcher
  • Lenod Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: March 28, 2011, 08:48:16 pm »

I had to see my likeness finish his journey :-D

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: March 28, 2011, 09:12:34 pm »

Just viewing these shots has made me a happier person.

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: March 28, 2011, 09:43:58 pm »

The Events of the 18th of Granite, 1075

"There you are," Rice said.  He was surprised by the calmness in his voice.  It helped that Lucy was beside him, giving his hand a reassuring squeeze.  It also helped that he had an entourage - Quote, Aya, Mookie, Makrond, Lugnut - even some of the guardsmen in Crispin, Varen, Luke, and a recently freed Jools.  They kept their silence, but their lined faces and haunted eyes spoke more than they ever could.  Even a Grov was represented, though It didn't know why, the dense child staring at the sun unblinking. 

"You're a hard man to find, ah, Captain Fillwhip..."

Stravitch sat cross-legged in the shade of his poison temple, his hairy chest bare, prodigious gut spilling out over the waist of his pants.  He only briefly glanced up, the bare and empty right socket oozing fluids.  He was covered in cats, the ratty beasts purring loud enough to be deafening, rubbing themselves upon him.  Held against him with one hand, was a small kitten, mewling and kneading into his chest. 

"I'm not hard to find.  You lot have gone out of your way to avoid me."

Rice didn't let emotion show on his face.  He didn't want the Old Goat to see just how true those words were.  Taking a deep breath, he forced a weak smile.  "We've been busy in the domes.  Preparing.  Aryn is wanting to furnished and finished soon.  Then he's condemning the fortress."

"He thinks to much," Stravitch murmured.  Fingers fat as sausages stroked under the kittens chin, and it stretched out nearly twice it's length in the luxury of it.  "Much too much.  Thinking has gotten him no where."

Pursing his mouth briefly, Rice finally worked up the saliva to speak.  "We need you, Stravitch.  Everyone is dying.  Jotwebe was put to death by Wallgirders.  Howard went mad and killed a fisher, and maimed a few others before he was brought down, and children have... children are winding up dead in the wastes.  I don't know how much longer Neo will list, he's destroyed his cot already, and-"

"I've been turned down at every turn!  I try to help, and-"
"No, NO!" Luke exploded, "You've punished us unfairly, you've beaten us unmercifully, you've used our land as your own personal playground, never mind all the things you've done we don't know about.  Your drunken antics, you're abuses, your..."
"Fine!  I've been fought at every turn, you sour little shits.  I've been kept from doing what I want, and in the end I'm tossed aside to die!  I'm not doing anything for anyone but myself anymore, and you know what I want?"

He stretched, and slowly stood.  The cats continued to cling to him, their claws digging into his back-pelt, his shoulders, his pants, all unnoticed despite the trickles of blood.  "I'm going to go eat a live Fox, and drink a barrel of rum, and I'm going to listen to these weird little roasts hum until I pass out on top of a bed made of solid gold."

"Those are coffins," Lucy said quietly.
"I'm going to pass out on top of four coffins made of solid gold," He corrected himself.  "And then I'm going to piss off the highest wall I can find.  Leave me out of your politics, I'm done with them!  Don't come to me for help - no one has..." he paused, his eyes narrowing.  "I'm not helping you, there's no profit in it.  Be gone.  Leave my temples, Lenod's fiery gaze has been shuttered with sleep.  Out!  All of ya'!"

In seconds, the doors slammed shut.  Lucy slid her arms around Rice's side, hugging him tightly.  From the back, Makrond wheezed, "We'll survive wi-ith out him... come, we need to talk to the other soldiers."
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 09:45:58 pm by Heavy Flak »

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: March 28, 2011, 10:26:07 pm »

I hope for Aryn's sake that the new ocean fills faster than it evaporates.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: March 29, 2011, 07:49:26 am »

Armok almighty!  Stravitch--what happened to you?
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

Stravitch

• Bay Watcher
  • Lenod Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: March 29, 2011, 09:35:46 am »

Cats.   Glorious cats! MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: March 29, 2011, 10:12:39 am »

Cats.   Glorious cats! MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Oh Armok, we are all doomed.

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: March 29, 2011, 06:16:56 pm »

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-10210-oceanbled-oceanbled  Oh look, another map - missing POI's, but that's okay.  Not a lot happened or whatever!

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: March 29, 2011, 07:41:25 pm »

The events of the 3rd of Slate, 1075

Frothing at the mouth, Neo gripped the cat by it's neck and it's hind feet and gave a hard yank.  The screech of pain was cut off as the cat was ripped in half, each end tossed on the floor.  For nearly a minute, nothing happened - the Dwarves were used to these displays, and cats were a filthy species, horrid little motorboxes that left vermin and shit everywhere.  But when Neo ripped the baby from Miner Zuglar's arms and punted it down the hallway like a medicine ball, finally, something happened. 

The Dwarves saw Neo turned around, his eyes spiraled, holding the lower of half of Zuglar's body in one hand.  His obsidian sword was still sheethed - he had ripped her in half with his hands. 

"I NEED FOOD!  AND DRINK!  GRAY DWARF NEEDS FOOD NOW"

"Enough!"  Adol roared, down the hallway.  Slowly, ever so slowly, Neo turned on the balls of his feet to stare at the challenge.  In a single fluid motion, Adol drew the hammer from the thong at his hip.  He pointed it at Neo, and made a sweeping gesture behind him.  "You need Aid, your mind has been taken over by evil.  The others are coming as we speak.  You'll be surrounded soon.  Give up Neo, I don't want to harm you, but if you insist on this... I'll put you down like a dog."

A single swing caught the charging Neo in the side of the head and sent him staggering to the side.  Half his ear was torn off, and a large gash ran from his temple to the top of his head, leaking blood.  A second put him fully on the ground, cracking the armor at his shoulder.

"Come to heel, dog!  Sit and heel!" 

As Neo struggled to reach Adol, the hammerdwarf swung a third time.  A shattering of bones and crackling steel filled the hallway, and the Mad Dwarf shrieked in rage, dropping his sword.  "HEEL DAMN YOU!  HEEL!"

At the very last, Neo seemed to come to his senses.  His eyes cleared, as well as they could behind the swelling, and he saw the scene before him.  He had one hand blocking his face, the other twitching impotently at his side, broken and useless though he tried to use it, when the ornate hammer that Adol wielded crashed into his face, shattering it into jelly, breaking his fingers at the knuckles, bursting his eyes like little opaque grapes.

Adol stood in the hallway panting, his teeth grit in rage and determination as the sounds of steel-shod feet beat on the stones nearer to him.  "COME!" He roared, grabbing a startled Maggarg by the collar.  "This has gone far enough.  Come with me, we're gathering the Army.  This is done with, my hammer isn't going to defend these mad-man a single day longer."
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 01:49:23 pm by Heavy Flak »

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: March 30, 2011, 10:10:09 am »

Frothing at the mouth, Neo gripped the cat by it's neck and it's hind feet and gave a hard yank.  The screech of pain was cut off as the cat was ripped in half, each end tossed on the floor.  For nearly a minute, nothing happened - the Dwarves were used to these displays, and cats were a filthy species, horrid little motorboxes that left vermin and shit everywhere.
Let's hope it wasn't one of Stravitches...
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 189