Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 189

Author Topic: Migrursut: What Comes After The World Ends? [Epilogue] (A Community Fort)  (Read 369559 times)

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
Re: Migrursut: Goodness is a Choice (A Community Fort)
« Reply #2580 on: April 01, 2011, 09:24:59 am »

Huh, I didn't expect Migrursut to end like this so early. I would have expected at the very least that it would last another day.

Who drew those masterpieces?

I did, fueled by inspiration and bourbon and sheer determination!  It's a little known fact I have a degree in the Fine Arts I made up with sharpies and construction paper.  You can see some of my work at the Guggenheim. 

Also, in case anyone asks:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: April 01, 2011, 09:57:49 am »

Huh, I didn't expect Migrursut to end like this so early. I would have expected at the very least that it would last another day.

Who drew those masterpieces?

I did, fueled by inspiration and bourbon and sheer determination!  It's a little known fact I have a degree in the Fine Arts I made up with sharpies and construction paper.  You can see some of my work at the Guggenheim. 

Also, in case anyone asks:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Wait.... More Grovs? *Twitch* Have you considered just modding everything in the game to be called Grov and leaving it at that? *Twitch* You could call it 'Grov Grovness' and you *Twitch* could have your *Twitch* Grovs mine into the *Twitch* Grov (Using *Twitch* Grovs of course) and then they could later make Artefact *Twitch* Grovs in *Twitch* 'Grov Moods'. And you could....
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: April 01, 2011, 10:03:30 am »

Looks at the last few updates.  Looks at the date. 

:D

Brilliant!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: April 01, 2011, 01:48:01 pm »

Look at the date.

Yeah, I knew it was an April Fools' joke when I made the post. I just didn't want to spoil it for everyone, so I made vague allusions to the date.

That was a pretty good one, HF. You have no idea how relieved I was that Aryn Wily was only a joke.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: April 01, 2011, 03:02:03 pm »

Look at the date.

Yeah, I knew it was an April Fools' joke when I made the post. I just didn't want to spoil it for everyone, so I made vague allusions to the date.

That was a pretty good one, HF. You have no idea how relieved I was that Aryn Wily was only a joke.
Ooooooooh. I thought everyone was refering to the 14th of Felsite, I just thought that Migursut had finally gave up that thin veneer of logic that stopped Aryn Wily's and armies of Grovs from occuring. Cat covered Stravitches I can belive though.  :P

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
Re: Grov: Grovness is a Grov (A Grov Grov)
« Reply #2585 on: April 01, 2011, 07:50:16 pm »

>>CD "Grov Grovtress - 40Grov"
>>GrovGrovtress.exe
>>...Booting

The Events of the 3rd of Grov, 1075

It was always the same - all day, every day.  Grov adjusted the collar of his Grov leather Grov, and pulled the Grov Grov from his inner pocket, taking a long pull of grov.  There was no burn as it went down, and the sobriety made his headache all the worse.  Tucking the Grov back inside his Grov, Grov stalked down the hallway towards the mess, for a Grov of Grov. 

He couldn't keep the disgust off his face as the throngs of other Grovs pushed past him, to go toil at their Grov and earn their daily Grov.  What did it matter?  This Grov?  This stupid, pointless Grov that everyone fought to keep.  He should have taken Grov's offer, before the stupid Grov'er got himself Groved. 

But he had his own little Grov trove, now didn't he?  Sneaking past a few Grov's loitering by the Grov, Grov snatched a Grov and darted to a side wall.  With a thump from his Grov, Grov inched through the newly opened Grov and into his Secret Grov.  Propping the Grov up on the Grov, he held his stolen grovless Grov under the Grov and watched as the beautifully red Grov flowed into the Grov. 

Settling back on his Grov, Grov sighed in relief.  Maybe Grov wasn't so bad after all... maybe it was worth Groving, for Grov like this on occasion.   
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 08:03:36 pm by Heavy Flak »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: April 01, 2011, 08:06:41 pm »

What the Grov is this. What have you done with my Grov.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Stravitch

• Bay Watcher
  • Lenod Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: April 01, 2011, 08:31:38 pm »

I want a Grov cod piece encircled with masterfully worked Grov. Encrusted with Grov and spikes of menacing Grov.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: April 01, 2011, 08:41:11 pm »

I want a Grov cod piece
Don't you mean a Grov Grov Grov?

Stravitch

• Bay Watcher
  • Lenod Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: April 01, 2011, 08:53:34 pm »

Sorry, I was translating.

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: April 02, 2011, 03:28:47 am »

Oh god. What have we done?

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: April 02, 2011, 02:31:05 pm »

That was pretty Grov. I mean, awesome.
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: April 07, 2011, 09:42:59 pm »

The Real Events of the 1st of Hematite, 1075

"Look at ya' stuck in there, lass.  Li'l crampy, are we?  A'course... too much muscles.  Shoulders're too broad.  Heh... like shovin' a whale ina' aquarium."
"Who is outside my door," Archin rasped.  Her throat was so dry, so scratching... every time she swallowed, she could feel her tongue sticking to the tacky flesh inside her throat.  The past week, she would have cared about that... she would have cared about a lot.  But now, even the thought of booze, a single cup, couldn't rouse an emotional response.

"Ya' know who it is... it's me, yer' ol' friend."  The viewing panel slid open, and a hollow reflection peered through, the smoked glass blackened and bouncing off the rays from the torches.  She could see herself in it.  A warped, twisted image of a dwarf, caked in filth, crouching in the corner.  She looked at it impassively.  Slowly, the tip of her tongue snaked out, attempting to wet her lower lip.

"Johnny... you left us for dead."
"Aye, o'the fittest, ya' know?  T'was no judgement on yer' character, I jus' di'nt wanna die."
"Some of us have already died once," Archin observed.  "You're a monster, friend.  Worse than the Goblins."
"Pha!  Imma' realist ya' daft bitch, a feckin' capitalist!"

"You're a dead-man.  Now leave me be.  It's my turn to shed my soul."
"No!  You listen t'me!"

But she turned, the chains rattling ominously.  She turned to face the wall, curling up into a small ball, ignoring the rage from the other side of the door.  It was time.  She'd will her heart to stop beating. 

It was time. 

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: April 11, 2011, 07:41:28 pm »

The Events of the 18th of Hematite, 1075

Cokho held his arms out to either side, the gnarled, twisted limbs acting as barriers for the swarm of hungering Dwarves at his heel.  Grudgingly they stopped - as the Master Hauler, he held much sway round these parts.  But it was difficult to keep back the throngs, snapping their jaws, salivating into their beards. 

Cokho's withered gaze fell across Siti Tressworks, the gangly human leaning on her greatbow as if it was a stash.  Combing some animals meat from his beard with his fingers, Cokho asked in his most polite of tones.  "Miss Human, ma'am.  Might I inquire as to what yon human died of?"

She glanced to her side, to the smoldering heap that lay atop the stones.  After a moment of contemplation, she gave a shrug.  "He started walking up the stones, and made it that far.  He shrieked, he burst into flames, and there he now lays, immolated upon the stones."

"But his clothing remains untouched.  Not a single smolder!"
"Aye.  Fire lep't from his mouth and eyes, and he dropped dead as stone.  Nothing else is touched."
"Nothing else... well.  Well!  If that is the case, may I... may we..."
"Yes, Hauler?"
"Might we... harvest his items, and his bones?  They're of no use to him now."

Tressworks sighed.  "They told me I'd see horrors on this tour.  I just thought they'd come from the spires or the wastes, not from civilization.  Have at his corpse, we shan't try and haul it back.  It will begin to spoil within the days."

Grinning wide, the toothless slash of his mouth seemed depraved.  He let his hands drop, and the hordes of Dwarves rushed forward.  Just as the carp when they feed, they descended upon the corpse, leaving it bare in minutes, his body quickly spirited away to the vats, to become many things.  To become leathers, and pies, and small toys. 

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: April 11, 2011, 07:54:11 pm »

This begs the question: How did Cokho hold them back for so long?
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 189