Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 189

Author Topic: Migrursut: What Comes After The World Ends? [Epilogue] (A Community Fort)  (Read 372924 times)

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
Re: Migrursut: Goodness is a Choice (A Community Fort)
« Reply #1350 on: November 25, 2008, 07:52:01 pm »

My god, it's full of Grovs!

Of course, I'm ignoring the fact that 'Glacies' is technically murdering poor, innocent children for people's entertainment.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 10:22:24 pm by Impending Doom »
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Kuli

• Bay Watcher
  • Born-Again Zefonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: November 25, 2008, 10:35:02 pm »

This is religious persecution!

Damn you, Stravitch!  Damn you, Aryn!  Damn you, Dutchess Whatever Her Name Is!  At times like this, I wish Zefonists believed in a hell, so I could tell you all to go there!

(Not in character, obviously.)
"The power of Zefon compels you!"

Keifru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: November 26, 2008, 01:21:57 am »

Is it sad that, after reading the last entry, I first thought Grov was tele-fragging himself? (a-la Quake 3 Arena comes to the forefront of my mind)

Also: Awesome :D

CanadianWolverine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: November 26, 2008, 02:18:46 am »

OOC: I think it is actually a bit of a homage to The Prestige (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0482571/), which was a thought I had also when reading about the experiments, reminded me of scenes when the one rival magician visits a real magician: Tesla.

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: November 26, 2008, 02:58:34 am »

One of these days I want to see someone lock Stravitch in a 1x1 room and keep him there for a while.
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

Groveller

• Bay Watcher
  • Giant Wingéd Giant Caveswallowmanman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: November 26, 2008, 03:41:51 am »

Diary of Grov(s?), in crayon, on a wall.

Scribbled on the wall is a confusingly designed image of Grov and Grovs by Grov, or possibly Grovs. Grov is surrounded by the Grovs.

OOC:

Well, there has been mention of Migrursut being haunted by a ghost Grov. Now it can be infested with ghost Grovs!
The raccoon's still there, though.  Just chilling out.  Being a raccoon in some rocks.

Grov: Grovness is a Grov (A Grov Grov)

Jools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: November 26, 2008, 05:03:32 am »

(OOC)

Something tells me that signing up for the military was almost a wasted effort - at this point, all we need to do is keep using the machine, and dispatch a Grov swarm to jump up and down on whatever foe comes - super-goblins, dragons, hydra, none can possibly face an infinite swarm of Grovs.

Still, I shall keep on with the training, if only so that one day, some follower of the Light of Zefon is there to counteract the... excesses of Stravitch FillWhip.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: November 26, 2008, 05:16:45 am »

This thread is similar to McDonalds in that I am loving it.

No more immigrants yet?
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Jusal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: November 26, 2008, 05:23:27 am »

Just finished reading this from the start. Being a story of such epic proportions, it took about a week to get this far.

That said, keep up the great job! I can't wait for the next entry.

Stravitch

• Bay Watcher
  • Lenod Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: November 26, 2008, 08:35:54 am »

Don't hate the law!  I'm hear to protect you >.>  <.<  Yeah that's it.

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: November 26, 2008, 08:49:25 am »

I think the best thing about you guys, is I'm writing up that last entry.  I'd been planning it for a couple days, and I get it all out of my head and onto paper and before I hit send, I think, "This could actually offend someone." 

Then I think, "This is the Dwarf Fortress Forum, where it's in vogue to describe slaughtering kittens for hats, and think vomiting, screaming, tantruming balls of muscle and hair ripping the heads off babies and beating their mothers to death with them is the height of humor.  Then I pressed send!

Pwnzerfaust: No migrants came at all during the winter months.  With the pop cap so high, even Jools and Kib can't pop out enough kids to meet it.  We should hopefully be getting more meat at the end of the spring.

Kuli: I don't even have to think anymore.  If I see a mandate for Lay Pewter, I know in 6 game months you'll be back in prison.  Without fail.  The only other blacksmith that took a wound was Thob, and he still isn't right, the poor collapsed-lung bastard.  He's not even Makrond-Lucky, who built up so many levels of toughness he powers through any bits of one-lunged asthma he might have.

Lastly, for those of you that want a way to cause more destruction and mayhem in your fortress (possibly to elves??), our own story mainstay Xofrevlis posted a thread in general discussion about a very pecular mystery.  I won't spoil it, but let me just say, I think you'll all find ways to abuse this for the lulz.  I know I will!

Xofrevlis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #1361 on: November 26, 2008, 03:45:47 pm »

Lastly, for those of you that want a way to cause more destruction and mayhem in your fortress (possibly to elves??), our own story mainstay Xofrevlis posted a thread in general discussion about a very pecular mystery.  I won't spoil it, but let me just say, I think you'll all find ways to abuse this for the lulz.  I know I will!

Funny you should mention that, I'm waiting for the next human caravan right now. Hopefully I'll be able to record exactly what's happening. Good thing I started this fortress with the intent of lighting traders on fire anyways (hence the secondary entrance that is currently submerged in molten rock). However, being down to 26 dwarves and being declared a death trap -due to me leaving a back door open during a goblin siege rather than something interesting unfortunately- leaves doing actual work while I wait a bit tedious.

I wish I had something else to contribute besides yet another "good work, awesome story", but I seem to have gotten into a drawing slump. I'm sure something will get me out of it, but for now I have other stuff I've been procrastinating on anyways.  :D

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: November 26, 2008, 05:45:39 pm »

I wish I had something else to contribute besides yet another "good work, awesome story", but I seem to have gotten into a drawing slump. I'm sure something will get me out of it, but for now I have other stuff I've been procrastinating on anyways.  :D

I was actually wondering why there hadn't been more updates lately (heh, yeah, I check your deviantart account a lot).  I know completely about the whole Artistic Slump.  It takes a LOT of energy to just slog forward.

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: November 26, 2008, 07:49:28 pm »

The events of the 8th of Slate, 1067

"Oh, Lenod save me, they're everywhere," moaned Mosus Sacktwinkled, her face and armor covered in sticky black blood and chunks of meat. 
Hammerer Rackreleased growled and gave her a hard cuff upside the head and said, "Just keep swinging you sissy!  Don't let them get through the damn gates!"

The hammerer squad had been attacking the horde of dread camels for a half hour.  Even Kib, with all her grit and brawn, was swinging her hammer a little bit slower, a little bit more clumsily.  Occasionally there would be a hollow laugh from on the walls, and a single bolt would fly from the tower, catching a camel in the head to bring it clattering to the ground, it's evil magic bond broken. 

"Damned undead," Rackreleased complained, "She's toying with us."
"There's an end, sir!" Sacktwinkled cried, nearly overcome with emotion.  Kib let loose a fell roar and charged, smashing one hard enough it collided with a second, both of them exploding into dust.  The remaining half dozen, were quickly dispatched, and Rackreleased grinned, soaking in the cheers that came from inside the fortress.  If only Sulari would actually fight he thought morosely, [/i]she's become broken since Snake... that's the last thing this fortress needed.[/i]

It was only as his squadmates limped towards the gates, and the praise behind them, that Rackreleased noticed he was missing one.

"Where's Jools," he asked, his voice low.
"Jools?"  Kib Blinked, scratching her back with the edge of her warhammer.  "He's right - wait?  Where is he?  Hunny?"
"Oh!" Keldor said amiably from the sidelines, "I saw some of those evil beasts down by the magma vent.  I pointed them out, and he charged on down after them."
"Oh good lord, no!" 

Rackreleased and Kib, as tired as they were, sprinted past Sacktwinkled hitting the stairs at full speed.  Kib was breathing hard as she dropped floor after floor, the wind knocked out of her as she hit hard on both feet at the bottom.  Scanning the area hurriedly, she saw a Dwarf standing by the wall.  Surrounded by the corpses of three camels.

"Did- ...did you do THIS?" Kib stammered.
"Oh!"  Jools turned, looking confused, but he smiled wide.  He pointed at one of the camels with his sword.  "They were down here, and I didn't want you all to be bothered, I know you were busy.  So, uh, I came down here and killed them, I think."
"You killed three by yourself... my gosh, my little man is growing up so fast!"
"I feel so... so strong," Jools said, looking down at his hands, and his sword.  "Like I... could punch through a fuckin' wall!  I never knew it would be like this!"
"Uhh, yeah.  Okay, come on dear," Kib said soothingly, "After battle, we go to the mess and drink a lot as a reward."
"This is power!"
"Yes dear, now come along and be quiet.  You're arm candy, remember?"
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 12:56:05 am by Heavy Flak »

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: November 27, 2008, 12:33:57 am »

He he he at Jools.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 189