Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 189

Author Topic: Migrursut: What Comes After The World Ends? [Epilogue] (A Community Fort)  (Read 372996 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Migrursut: Goodness is a Choice (A Community Fort)
« Reply #1890 on: March 25, 2009, 01:31:48 pm »

Eeeeewwwww
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: March 25, 2009, 08:07:51 pm »

Does it count as necrophilia when the corpse is undead?

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: March 25, 2009, 08:15:07 pm »

So wrong... so unmistakably wrong

Grath

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: March 26, 2009, 04:42:20 pm »

And now, the next five pages will be 'ew ew ew ew ew' or philosophical discussion about necrophilia vs undead.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: March 26, 2009, 05:46:49 pm »

To change the subject...

Flak, can we get current kill sheets for the various soldiers of Migursut?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: March 26, 2009, 10:26:33 pm »

The events of the 13th of Opal, 1068

Major Merkil paced the front of the barracks, scowling at the assembled soldiers.  They had all paired up again, the whole lot in their little clicks - the Swordsdwarves, the Unlucky Spearmen, the Corpses, The Dirty Half-Dozen.  It made him nervous to see them like that, and though he admired the camaraderie they all displayed, he felt, deep down, that this was a hinderance.  Eita, and Neo before her, had slowly begun to assimilate into Jools group, but he wasn't entirely certain that Maggarg or Wilber would come to their aide in a reasonable amount of time.  Adol would, he was sure of that, and Sparrow would too, but... too many ifs, too many personality conflicts that could lead to incidents like Neo's arm again... unwatched, the response time too long...

He stopped his pacing, his mouth pursed into a thin, grim line.  Hands folded behind his back, Merkil drew himself to attention, his presence in the room quickly drawing the attentions of the soldiers.  When they quieted, he spoke:

"This will be short.  Time is at a premium lately and I don't want to take up much of your time.  I apologize that there couldn't be a ceremony."  Merkil flashed a quick look to the pair that stood beside him, their faces alight with a proud glow.

"Luke and Crispin have trained hard, and trained well.  They came to us as lumps of clay... no.  They came to us as blocks of stone, the image of soldiers lurking within, and it took us, the defenders and protectors of this fortress, to chisel them free from the excess.  This pair, The Inky Obstacles, have shown me they are experienced enough for the title of Champion.  Well met, Luke.  Well met, Crispin.  May you fight well, may you protect your dwarven kin, may you die with honor."

There was a smattering of applause from around the room, but Merkil frowned at the clearing of a throat.
"What was that, Maggarg?"
"Oh, I'm sorry.  I said 'what bullshit' but then I coughed so that it would sound like that."
"Shut up," Adol hissed.  But it was too late, Merkil was baring down on them, his eyes narrowed.

"Is there an issue?  Do you have a problem with your squadmates?"
Maggarg stuck his jaw out defiantly.  "I have a problem with them, what, gettin' the champion title in half a year.  How long did you work at it, sir?"
"Long enough," Merkil snapped. 
"You should calm down," Adol said quietly, "don't push this."
"Stuff it," Maggarg said dryly.  "I'm serious, this is really chappin' my ass.  They don't know shit about shit!  And... they're so damn happy all the time, that's not right.  Not right at all, not here, what's there to be happy about?  The slop Dojango fills the mess with?"

"Perhaps you're right.  After that last failed attempt at training, you've gone out of your way to ignore Luke and Crispin.  I see... yes.  Alright, then.  You, and Adol are now apart of their squad until the next season.  You're on defense detail, your first assignment the southern gates.  Perhaps you should get there now.  You're all dismissed."

Adol sighed, and took a few steps forward, away from Maggargs' visible rage.  He stopped before the warrior-couple, and gave an apologetic shrug.  "Just bare with him.  He's usually..."
"A raging ass?" Luke said.
"No, dear, a braying ass," Crispin corrected jovially.
"Ah, much better.  Yes.  A braying ass!"
"No," Adol said.  "more amusing.  Just give him time, and let him... maybe have a few kills.  That'll cheer him up."
"Right-o!" Crispin said with a smile.  "Now we should really head off to our station!"

To change the subject...

Flak, can we get current kill sheets for the various soldiers of Migursut?

Sure, give me a day or so.  I can't decide if I want to do pictures, or just type them all out... probably pictures, some of them (like Sulari and Stravitch) have twenty+ notable kills, not to mention all the camels...

I'm only going to do kills for Player Named Dwarves or Story Dwarves, so that leaves out most of Jools squad and a couple of the other randoms milling about.. 
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 01:39:41 pm by Heavy Flak »

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: March 27, 2009, 09:11:54 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So I'm doing sketches again, since they don't really require any effort.

EDIT: Funny story, actually. Flak told me that Erith looked "Like Ron Jeremy." so I looked up the chap on google images.

Oops.

Wow. He's deceptively flexible, that fellow.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 09:57:02 am by Glacies »

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: March 27, 2009, 10:04:29 am »

EDIT: Funny story, actually. Flak told me that Erith looked "Like Ron Jeremy."

It's true, I did that!  I forgot that there are people around that aren't as desensitized to stuff as Stravitch and I are. 

I'm also in stitches over that picture!  They look so happy, and he looks so greasy. 

Stravitch

• Bay Watcher
  • Lenod Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: March 27, 2009, 01:26:15 pm »

I can hear you saying 'greasy' in my head.  Greezy.  Damn your speech rubbing off on me.

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: March 27, 2009, 06:35:05 pm »

The events of the 22nd of Opal, 1068

Luke and Crispin had been talking for hours, mindless chatter that droned on, and on, and on.  Maggarg thought about digging his dirk into his ears, scrambling the insides so he would stop hearing it, then thought better.  He could use that dirk to pin shut the woman's mouth, keep it from flapping any more than it had.  But that would lead to problems with the man.  He'd probably get upset about it.  Angry, even, probably start yelling, and what did Maggarg have for that?  Nothing, well, some rocks, his sword... surely this problem could be solved with either of those things...

"Lovey," Luke said, pointing his finger down the ramp. 
"Oh my, look at them down there!" she said happily, drawing her sword from it's sheath. "Shall we?"
"Yes, let's"
"No.  Stop.  Wait.  Don't," Maggarg said in a quiet monotone, not moving from his position at the top of the hill.   He just watched as the pair charged towards the camels, giddy, still chattering.

Luke screamed as he was knocked back, one of the camels trampling repeatedly on his thigh.  Maggarg smiled, thin and humorless, and called out, "It's just a flesh wound, a little blood.  Don't be such a ponce."

As Luke pulled himself backwards, slowly rose to his feet, limping towards the gate shocked, Crispin met disaster as well.  One camel bit a chunk out of her forearm, a second turned and kicked, both hooves hitting her in the right thigh.  She shrieked, staggering backwards towards the ramp.  Maggarg called out again, "I thought you had more stones than your husband, don't turn to run now.  Where are you going!  DON'T TURN TO RUN!"

He stayed at his station as they passed, surprised himself that the laughter didn't start until they were somewhere within the confines of the wall, resting their bruises.  Adol sidled up next to him soon after, holding half of a sweet treat in his hand. 

"Where are our squadmates?"
"Learning a valuable lesson."
"Oh no, what did you do?"
"I didn't do a thing.  Finish your cake, we've gotta' clean up some bones."

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: March 27, 2009, 07:15:28 pm »

Kill Totals

Notes:
If there isn't a link with a character name, you probably don't have any recorded kills (Sorry, Kandor, you're still green since Likot steals all your shots!)

Adol
Eita
Hikan
Jools
Likot
Luke
Maggarg
Merkil
Neo
Sarek
Sgt. Pepper
Sparrow
Stravitch
Sulari - WINNER!!
Sergeant Towersacks
Varen
Vatek
Wilber

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: March 27, 2009, 07:34:05 pm »

What if there isn't a name listed at all?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: March 27, 2009, 07:48:56 pm »

Alright! A kobold and some camels! Hikan sure knows how to take it to 'em.

But I guess he's killed more stuff than some of the soldiers. I thought he would actually be all talk.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 07:53:24 pm by Jim Groovester »
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: March 27, 2009, 08:17:43 pm »

What if there isn't a name listed at all?

Hmm... I really should go through and look at the dead soldiers too, shouldn't I?  I'll update that list tomorrow probably with the dead ones.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: March 27, 2009, 08:31:13 pm »

Gatesmaw, Indoor pond.

Sarig and Glacies stood at the well, looking down the dark hallway. Then, quietley, Glacies spoke.

"Well. We're finally here."
"That's great. Where are we going now?"
"That's the problem. Asides from moving forwards, I don't really know. This whole section seems to be new. So, er..."
"Fine. Let's just go."

And then, with a splash, the snakeman jumped out of the water, grabbed Glacies and dragged him under with a splash. Sarig blinked.

"Oh, hell."

Under the water, Glacies saw a dozen Snakemen around him, all slithering noiselessly around in the water in a tight circle. He felt a stabbing pain in the back of him neck, and felt a burning sensation course through him.

Sarig jumped into the pond, waving his rusty scimitar wildly. All the snakemen converged on him, and soon the water was a rolling cloud of blood. Glacies passed out.
----
Two minutes later, Sarig crawled back onto the jetty with the limp book-keeper over his arm. He slapped the limp form onto the dock, and waited. Eventually, Glacies came around.

"Sarig?..*Cough* Wha..What happened?"
"Aw, just some Elves. Don't worry about a thing, I got em'."
"Elves? What are you talking about?"
"Forgot it, sonny. On your feet, now."

Sarig helped Glacies to his feet, and they shuffled into the fortress.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 189