Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 62

Author Topic: Necrothreat - Teh LOLmod succession fort - PG2 FOR DETAILS  (Read 225274 times)

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
Re: ThreadAlive - A Zombie Succession Fort - PG2 FOR DETAILS
« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2012, 04:15:50 pm »

NURSE I VOTE SITE 1
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2012, 05:16:20 pm »

unless theres a random horde of fishcleaner migrants (because what other kind of migrant IS there?)
all voting for one of the others I think embark 1 has triumphed.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 31, 2012, 05:18:55 pm »

WHOS GANA START THIS CHICKEN!!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 31, 2012, 05:30:12 pm »

Oh don't worry. I'll start the fort and try to get it through it's first year. This honestly gives me peace since less stress on whether I'll ballz it up or not. Anyways, I'll be starting the fort when I wake up and actually do it. Meanwhile you guys can brainstorm what we can do and stuff.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 31, 2012, 05:33:55 pm »

I hate to get onto you, Sprin, but why always all caps? It makes you seem somewhat obnoxious.

And I think embark 1 wins, too, if everybody's voting for it.

What we can do... Turtle down fast.  lol    No, we're not quite that screwed (we don't have Holistic Spawn, anyway), but I would advise something on the order of an army and a good entrance... And we need to make sure that at least one of our original settlers is trained for battle (+5 in two combat skills). It'll make training faster.

Also, instruments. Let's get those sigs/avatars flowing.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 31, 2012, 09:36:44 pm »

Or instead of proficient in two combat skills how about giving them proficient in Teacher and 1 combat skill talvi?

Indeed, I do this.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 31, 2012, 09:37:52 pm »

Iam trying to stay in charecter as the mad doctor who helped revive the thread...
Sory but after this post I will be back in charecter.
Quick side note Embark with wepons and train the starting 7 in combat.
(DONT SEND INTO COMBAT JUST MAKE THEM A SQUAD CALLED THREAD ROMANCERS)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 09:40:33 pm by Sprin »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2012, 09:52:48 pm »

eh it shouldn't be THAT bad, I mean not bad enough that we have to embark in steel plate and seal ourselves inside with fortifications to take potshots....well unless.......HEHEHEHE :D

Indeed, I do this.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 31, 2012, 11:17:35 pm »

I am so ready to find out what that is. Anyway, I would like to be pushed back one. I find it not fair that sprin be behind me. He was so important to this.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 31, 2012, 11:45:23 pm »

I am so ready to find out what that is. Anyway, I would like to be pushed back one. I find it not fair that sprin be behind me. He was so important to this.

[SUCCESSION:BY_INDIVIDUAL:SPRIN]

There you go!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 01, 2012, 05:45:18 am »

Ehm. Today I found out that you cannot change the fortress' name to ThreadAlive due to the fact that neither Thread nor Alive exist in the "Name Fortress" menu. As such I have changed the name of the fortress to Necrothreat. I could mod in those two words into the game but that would require a genning of a new world. I do hope that you will excuse this inconvenience.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2012, 06:06:10 am »

Aw, had I realized this, I would've modded the language files. :( It's not too hard to do...  But it'd take a new worldgen, I think, and it's a bit late for that.   Necrothreat is fine - nice choice. :) Looking forwards to hearing about your turn.

It's not going to be a problem that you're playing two succession games at once, is it?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2012, 06:13:11 am »

Oh I'm playing not 2 but 3 succession games at once. It won't be a problem. Besides, what's the hurry? There's plenty of time I guess.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2012, 07:36:56 am »

So let's begin. Here's the first update on the fortress. Don't forget to request dorfing if you want. Sprin is already dorfed as the fortress' doctor. There'll be a pic of Sprin's forumite at the end of this post.

Apiks' Diary - 1st of Granite

I cannot believe that they actually made me come here. But what could've I done against their sweet talk? They kept saying stuff like "You will be heavily awarded when you return. You're the only one that can do this." and the likes of that. But here I am now at this place and it gives me the creeps. People have already dubbed it "Necrothreat". This worries me a great deal but I'll have to manage. As such I have ordered the miners to begin mining at the side of that small sand mountain there is. There are 2 rivers that merge into one at this place. It will server as a good natural defence if somebody comes to disrupt our work which by Armok I hope will not happen.

2 hours later...

By Armok! Did you see that? An animal just came out of the water. What was it called? Allie gator or something? It seemed to have big teeth so I've ordered my men to immediately move into the mainland onto safety and have made myself - the most experienced forumite in the art of warfare on this patch of land - to the militia commander. Our miners include the site founder Toady One and Nish Ducimmishos. They told me that they are competent miners so they better be.

Apiks' Diary - 2nd of Granite

These rivers are hazardous. Today I saw a snapping turtle. We may be able to turn it into food but I dare not go near the river with those allie gators there. I hope the 4 dogs that I brought along will be enough defence in case something happens.

Apiks' Diary - 3rd of Granite

Blasted! There is an aquifer directly bellow the sand mountain. This will indeed present a number of challenges. For now I have immediately ordered for the miners to mine out the sand mountain for a temporary base.

Apiks' Diary
- 10th of Granite

This is ridiculous. I never thought I'd be missing those forsaken rocks back at home. I do hope that we find a way to find some material soon.

Apiks' Diary - 13th of Granite

Those idiot miners have been on hauling duty instead of mining. I have corrected this and they are working on fully efficency. We have to strike the earth, and strike it fast.

Apiks' Diary - 6th of Slate

Progress is slow. I have ordered the miners on hauling duty again. Who knew that getting our stuff from the caravan was such a slow work.

Apiks' Diary - 26th of Slate

This really is slow proress but atleast our stuff is in the mountain and workshop as well as bedrooms are being made. This will help us greatly since all of our backs ache from sleeping on the ground for almost a month now.

Apiks' Diary - 4th of Felsite

I have ordered multiple holes to be dug out and our most promising one - next to the river failed as well. There is no stone in this forsaken land. This aquifer dooms us. As such I have ordered for a trade depot to be built. The traders will bring us stone. And a lot of it it shall be.

Apiks' Diary - 16th of Felsite

Blasted. Our food stocks are running dangerously low. Whose brilliant idea was this place anyway?

Apiks' Diary - 25th of Felsite

Beds,a wooden bridge and a mechanic's  workshop have begun to be constructed. I will make this place to sustain a population if that's the last thing I do!

Apiks' Diary - 4th of Hematite

RAWR! Why is almost everything in this world made out of ROCK? That's the only thing that we DON'T have. I hope the caravan comes soon because we will be needing it.

Apiks' Diary - 13th of Hematite

I...will...make...sure...this..fortress...survives....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Apiks' Diary - 21th of Hematite

Oh no! 2 louse men have been spotted. This is extremely bad as we have no means of defending ourselves. Even I cannot defend myself due to not having ANYTHING with what to do that.

Apiks' Diary - 22nd of Hematite

Make that 3 louse men....

Apiks' Diary - 25th of Hematite

Yes! Much needed migrants have arrived. This bring the fort's population to 14.

Apiks' Diary - 28th of Hematite

I cannnot handle this. I have send a letter to my master asking for advice. I hope something good will happen out of this.

Sprin's Forumite

As per 28th of Hematite, you can see that I am in a pinch. How do I handle this aquifer? I need rocks I need a lot of stuff. Can somebody give me advice on how to proceed? I am at a loss.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 08:42:47 am by apiks »
Founder of Teh LOLmod

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2012, 07:56:06 am »

aquifer? dig a large hole 1 z level above it, then channel out the area above it into a rough "plug" shape, leaving 1 connection to keep it from falling, then channel out the area below the plug so that the plug will fall into the aquifer. Afterward channel the last connection to drop the plug, send a bridge over to it and dig down through the plug. Aquifer defeated. You can get a visiual of the "cave in method" on the df wiki

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 62