Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 62

Author Topic: Necrothreat - Teh LOLmod succession fort - PG2 FOR DETAILS  (Read 225032 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat - A Zombie Succession Fort - PG2 FOR DETAILS
« Reply #135 on: September 02, 2012, 07:11:07 am »

Apiks' Diary - 29th of Hematite

Today I have received a lettter from my master. He is indeed worthy of the title master. He has told me how to proceed to deal with the aquifer. As such I have immediately begin doing his "plug" method. I have ordered the plug method to be built inside the damn sand mountain in case we are attacked, we will have 2 lines of defence (the sand tower and the entrance to the plug).

Apiks' Diary - 3rd of Malachite

These lousy men will have to be dealt in near future. They are causing me a lot of stress on whether they will attack or not.

Apiks' Diary - 5th of Malachite

Great! The plug is completed. We are completely ready to show that aquifer bastard who's boss. As such I have ordered for the plug to be activated and for the aquifer to feel our wrath.

Top floor
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bottom floor

Aquifer

1 hour later...

It works! It works! Take that you damn aquifer!

Apiks' Diary - 6th of Malachite

WHAT? WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT DIDN'T WORK?
WHERE'S THE FOOL THAT I TOLD TO ACTIVATE IT?
Dead? What do you mean dead? The plan was flawless.
That's it. I'm ordering a full out assault against these aquifers. THIS LAND SHALL BE CLEANSED OF THEM.
As for the forumite that perished, we have no ways of acquiring his body at this given time but he shall be memoriated. A grim day indeed for all of us.

We must not falter. I have ordered yet another hole to conquer the aquifer to be dig out. This time there will be no mistakes. I promise you that my people!
On the bright side though, one less mouth to feed. Although it is truly a shame that we have lost one of our picks. Food is dangerously low as well.

Apiks' Diary - 7th of Malachite

Excellent. The bridge I ordered to be done is finally complete. Now we can venture into the other side of the river. But for now it is time for REVENGE AGAINST THE AQUIFER!

I hope a trade caravan arrives soon or this will be a real disaster in winter.

Apiks' Diary - 13th of Malachite

It is ready. The second plug is completed. But it is outside the sand mountain which is not as planned. But this time I am sure it will work as intended. I will make sure it does.
And as safely as possible as well.

Ground floor

Middle floor

Bottom floor

Aquifer

ACTIVATE OPERATION AQUIFERDESTROY!

2 hours later...

Grim news reach us. Today I have been informed that one of our miners, the miner that died in the previous plug accident, has been missing for a week. With this we have specified who exactly he is. We shall forever mourn you Site Founder Toady One! You were a good miner and Site Founder.

On the bright side, the aquifer has been defeated and we are to build a bridge across to reach stone!

Apiks' Diary - 14th of Malachite

Oi you miner! Why are you not working on the defeated aquifer? On a break you say? I see. It's understandable to be afraid of these aquifers after the recent events but do not falter! They shall be defeated by all my authority.

Apiks' Diary - 16th of Malachite

Curses! A giant gray langur invasion has arrived! These monkeys have plans of stealing our stuff and riping us to shreds! This is extremely bad. I have immediately ordered for us to stay at the fortress and a door to be built immediately before they reach and spell the doom of the fortress. I'd fight them myself but I have no equpment to do so and I hardly stand a chance against what?  10 Giant Gray Lengurs?

Apiks' Diary - 23rd of Malachite

These Lengurs are formidable opponents. I have decided that our best course of action is to wait for a trade caravan to come. Our only concern is with food. It is outside. This might be a problem but we will maange.

Apiks' Diary - 24th of Malachite

Blasted! Our booze supplies ran out before our food ones! This might be a huge problem. And Toady One's body has started giving out miasma even though it's underwater! It must be walled immediately.

Apiks' Diary - 8th of Galena

WHAT? One of my Farmers just told me today that we can make farms on sand. Why was I not informed of this earlier? Idiots I tell you, idiots.

Apiks' Diary
- 11th of Galena

The lengur invasion is over. Only 2 remain the whole area. Thank god for that. I thought we wouldn't survive this. As such GET YOUR ASSES BACK TO WORK YOU LAZYBAGS! Atleast we survived without casualties.

Apiks' Diary - 16th of Galena

Why do I keep thinking that these people are forming a fishing club? Well they are near the river and are fishing and are together. That's good enough reason for me.

Apiks' Diary - 20th of Galena

Amazing, the fisher club managed to catch fish! I am amazed. They aren't as useless as I thought. Maybe I'll allow them to keep their club.

Apiks' Diary
- 1st of Limestone

Autumn has arrived for us forumites. I expect a caravan to come this season. Thank god for that for we need it.

Apiks'  Diary - 5th of Limestone

I think our miner Nish is depressed. He's been doing nothing but attending meetings for almost 2-3 weeks now. Poor guy. How much work awaits him when he gets around to actually doing it, he has no idea. I'll make sure of it.

Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Ushiromiya

• Bay Watcher
  • Witch hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 02, 2012, 08:21:00 am »

I think this fort could potentially lead to a lot of Fun. I won't play, but since this place seems kind of lonely, I will request dorfing. Preferably as a member of the military (I'm not picky on weapons, just give me what you think is appropriate), if not, then a bookkeeper. Good luck with your booze problem!
All mysteries can be explained with "Dwarf Tricks"

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 02, 2012, 08:22:55 am »

Ack. X| You dropped a floor down there, not wall. There was nothing to make a plug - you have to make it taller than that. :( It usually requires digging down from the surface - which is why I drew rough images of trees in my little diagram. lol edit: whoops, read past some, it seems.

Wait... You killed Toady One?! O_O This fort is starting off rather... insanely.

If you can get the miner to get to work, and if you can manage to make a second attempt at a plug (in part of the hill), then it'll be great. We're not screwed yet!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 09:05:28 am by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 02, 2012, 08:28:17 am »

Or wait tell winter!
IF WE CHANEL DOWN WE COULD FREEZE THE WATER AND WALL IT OFF!!
THEY DID IT IN NISTAKATH!!
GOOD LUCK NURSE!
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 02, 2012, 08:30:05 am »

Actually, in the update it says that the second plug attempt was successful but it's outside which means that I'll have to connect them somehow. And yeah, I kinda picked on the fact that I plugged a floor and not a block. That was uncalled for to happen. Poor Toady One. I didn't expect that he'd die. I thought the other miner died. Anyway, we lost one of our picks so now we're working on 1/2 efficency and the other miner doesn't want to work.

Ushiromiya, I'll dorf you but at the moment we do not have any military forumites (dwarfs are called forumites in this mod) other than myself. The only weapon we have is a practice sword that I put up when I was waiting for the Lengurs to go away.

Sprin I doubt we can wall it off since there is aquifers everywhere.

Indeed we are off to a rocky start but I'm sure it'll be fine.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 02, 2012, 08:35:53 am »

IT WOULDNT BE WATER IT BE ICE!!
YOU CAN MINE ICE!!
ALSO WHAT ARE ELVES CALLED!?

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 02, 2012, 08:37:20 am »

Sure I'll try when winter comes. As I'll try a milion other things. God this is starting to be interesting.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 02, 2012, 08:49:56 am »

Actually, in the update it says that the second plug attempt was successful but it's outside which means that I'll have to connect them somehow. And yeah, I kinda picked on the fact that I plugged a floor and not a block. That was uncalled for to happen. Poor Toady One. I didn't expect that he'd die. I thought the other miner died. Anyway, we lost one of our picks so now we're working on 1/2 efficency and the other miner doesn't want to work.
Ahhh, I misunderstood that part - I thought you said you were making a bridge. :P But bravo! We have stone! We'll just need to make walls over to it or something, to keep our forumites from getting slaughtered. lol

This is great. :D

(also, be careful with ice. It can flash-freeze dwarves so solid there won't even be a corpse left when it melts.)
Elves are still called elves. I added races - I didn't really edit most of the pre-existing ones.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 02, 2012, 08:54:33 am »

WAIT YOU ADDED SOME!!
LIKE WHAT!?

Ushiromiya

• Bay Watcher
  • Witch hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 02, 2012, 08:56:47 am »

Ushiromiya, I'll dorf you but at the moment we do not have any military forumites (dwarfs are called forumites in this mod) other than myself. The only weapon we have is a practice sword that I put up when I was waiting for the Lengurs to go away.

It's fine, take your time! Your fortress isn't that big yet, and you are far from being stable.  With that, I'm off to sleep. Hopefully, when I wake up, there'll be a new update!
All mysteries can be explained with "Dwarf Tricks"

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 02, 2012, 09:01:44 am »

Actually Talvieno, we don't have stone yet since the miner is too lazy to actually mine the place for the bridge to reach the middle of the plug. And yes, I'll be making walls connected to sand mountain as well as a floor roof if I can manage that.

As for ice, I'll try my best.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 02, 2012, 09:19:44 am »

Come to think of it, I doubt you need to make walls at all... I'm obviously not thinking very straight this morning. :-\   The plug would've fallen 1 z-level, so you'd be able to get to it from underground. You might just need to floor it over, just to be safe. Or turn it into a tower.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 02, 2012, 09:22:52 am »

I can't make an underground passage because the WHOLE inside of sand mountain 1 z level bellow ground level is aquifers. This means that i'll have to make another plug for RIGHT at the edge of the mountain so that it can work. Maybe I'll try that.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 02, 2012, 09:28:01 am »

Oh, wow. o.O I thought it was a level farther down than that... lol   Okay, yeah... an aboveground wall will have to do. You don't have to use stone, though - you can use logs. It'll take assigning a lot of forumites the carpentry skill, though. (and yes, I'm aware you're probably very short on manpower.)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 02, 2012, 11:10:22 am »

I thought wooden walls didnt work for plug/cave-ins? dont they just break?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 62