Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 62

Author Topic: Necrothreat - Teh LOLmod succession fort - PG2 FOR DETAILS  (Read 225417 times)

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat - A Zombie Succession Fort - PG2 FOR DETAILS
« Reply #255 on: September 10, 2012, 04:34:30 pm »

HELL TO THE NO I MADE THIS MESS I WANT SOMEONE TO CLEAN IT!!

Put me at the end of the list if we are still a mess by then I will fix it!
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 10, 2012, 04:34:56 pm »

Well, I'm... dead. So I guess I'm staying for a while.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 10, 2012, 04:36:30 pm »

I'm not sure if I was dorfed... I haen't checked the save yet, I should go do that...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 10, 2012, 04:38:33 pm »

no one was dwarfed during my 3/4 of a turn do to we were all dying...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 10, 2012, 05:17:16 pm »

Well, I took a look, and I hit pause button and first thing that I see in announcements: farmer was struck down... Well, that makes this more salvagable! I reccomend that we take down the solid bridge or wall it off, get some REAL bedrooms made, smoothed off and are 1x3 not including the door. That'll keep the dwarves happy, and allows room for a chest or cabnet for their crap. I also reccomend we have at least ten people on permitant hauling duty and the rest to coffin duty. Those that cant be put in coffins are to be atom smashed or pitted into the aquifer pit. That way, no more reviving guys! (if they do, they'll just murder FPS if anything, and thats solved with magma or badassery

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 10, 2012, 05:27:21 pm »

You have to admit it is a nice bridge
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 05:30:10 pm by Sprin »

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 10, 2012, 05:54:13 pm »

I usually build my bridges 2 z's high, and use fortifications instead of walls... but sure, I guess. A raising bridge still would've been a lot more functional.

NOTE TO NEXT OVERSEER: Move all corpses and refuse below ground, as deep as you can get it. DO NOT leave anything up top.

Those that cant be put in coffins are to be atom smashed
This is optimal, but may take a bit of time to set up. Belowground first. Atomsmash second.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 05:58:25 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 10, 2012, 06:02:14 pm »

NOTE TO NEXT OVERSEER: Move all corpses and refuse below ground, as deep as you can get it. DO NOT leave anything up top.
Contrary to my nature, but okay. I've been very sleepy today, But  will still get updates flowing.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 10, 2012, 06:26:21 pm »

I couldnt find a lever for the bridge after the langur disaster so I built one next to the bridge...
might be why it dosnt work...
Also Ester1 was evicted for the new moderater and died on his way to bed by trolls.
denbur was evicted as well as ill be evicted from the nice room and given the sand one near the hospital incase of emergancy witch is gana be a wile.
The hospital needs plaster and soap but everything else is covered and then some due to awesome trading with humans and elfs.
we have a well near the hospital so we should be fine during or drout...
Sory for fucking the fort up it was built in a bad embark for me and with bolts being forign my main defence plan couldnt work...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 06:40:56 pm by Sprin »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 10, 2012, 06:54:11 pm »

I couldnt find a lever for the bridge after the langur disaster so I built one next to the bridge...
might be why it dosnt work...
Also Ester1 was evicted for the new moderater and died on his way to bed by trolls.
denbur was evicted as well as ill be evicted from the nice room and given the sand one near the hospital incase of emergancy witch is gana be a wile.
The hospital needs plaster and soap but everything else is covered and then some due to awesome trading with humans and elfs.
we have a well near the hospital so we should be fine during or drout...
Sory for fucking the fort up it was built in a bad embark for me and with bolts being forign my main defence plan couldnt work...
When it comes to my turn, i'm going to have a really hard time doing hunting and stuff since we cant make bolts out of bones... I'll have to just be more resourceful... I'll use swords! Or the sword equivalent!

And sprin, your new sig should also include: near destroyer of Necrothreat!

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 10, 2012, 07:22:49 pm »

It sucks because hunters are how I handel wild animals like badgers so excluding them from the equation made running it hard for me...

And to think my average fortress lifespan is 20 years...

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 10, 2012, 08:19:40 pm »

If I recall correctly, the "laptops" were supposed to be your ranged weapons, but the ammo wasn't implemented correctly, so they don't work.  That means you're stuck with melee weapons, traps, etc.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 10, 2012, 08:26:51 pm »

HURRAY FOR LEARNING EXPERIENCES :P

This fort was almost annihilated in its third year, its like the best possible outcome ever
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 10, 2012, 09:18:55 pm »

Second year. It's halfway through year 2.

edit:
If I recall correctly, the "laptops" were supposed to be your ranged weapons, but the ammo wasn't implemented correctly, so they don't work.  That means you're stuck with melee weapons, traps, etc.
This is true. I think traps are pretty much necessary and should be implemented in mass quantities - upright spikes especially. Those can get anything.

Something I didn't think about:
Haxxors are fast - about four times as fast as dwarves. They can "cloak" themselves and possess inherent stealth skill high enough to get all the way to the center of the fortress, if they're lucky. They're also short-lived, which means they have a lifespan, which means they can become the most badass necromancers ever seen in any game. I saw one earlier. If one of those gets to us, we're pretty much screwed if they have any corpses to play around with. Hitting them with melee-only will be a major pain.

For ranged weapons: importing from humans and elves would be helpful, but I doubt there will be enough. Fixdiplomats in DFHack should help somewhat - we'll be able to ask for ranged weapons from the humans.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 09:25:13 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 10, 2012, 09:32:09 pm »

Second year. It's halfway through year 2.

edit:
This is true. I think traps are pretty much necessary and should be implemented in mass quantities - upright spikes especially. Those can get anything.

Something I didn't think about:
Haxxors are fast - about four times as fast as dwarves. They can "cloak" themselves and possess inherent stealth skill high enough to get all the way to the center of the fortress, if they're lucky. They're also short-lived, which means they have a lifespan, which means they can become the most badass necromancers ever seen in any game. I saw one earlier. If one of those gets to us, we're pretty much screwed if they have any corpses to play around with. Hitting them with melee-only will be a major pain.

For ranged weapons: importing from humans and elves would be helpful, but I doubt there will be enough. Fixdiplomats in DFHack should help somewhat - we'll be able to ask for ranged weapons from the humans.
Well then, I guess I'll have to start the iron industry and make HUGE AMOUNTS of LARGE IRON SERRATED DISCS! I've had a hallway that took over 100 disks... Lets just say nothing made it through in one piece...

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 62