Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 62

Author Topic: Necrothreat - Teh LOLmod succession fort - PG2 FOR DETAILS  (Read 225010 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat - A Zombie Succession Fort - PG2 FOR DETAILS
« Reply #315 on: September 16, 2012, 09:03:26 pm »

Small loss of session data, I will have to savescum a little. Sorry folks.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 16, 2012, 10:52:49 pm »

Awesomeeeee! I thought haxxors DID have teleportation power. That's why they vanish from view? Anyway, when I saw the haxxor, I was like - Aw shit.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 16, 2012, 11:28:37 pm »

17th of Opal: It only just struck me how little we have in way of set up indoor facilities. The military is based outdoors on a armor rack. I seriously need to fix that.

Part of the river froze today, Booze production has been ramped up in anticipation.

The badger hunt suceeded, all badgers have met with death, incuding the one who attacked the hammerforrmite earlier. I just found out that hammerforumite was mastahcheese. I learned this when I discovered what blood the badger was covered in.

The depot was not finished in time, and merchants have left.

(A CMD started beatin gon someone here, I didn't take pictures so instead I have this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
)

Our friend the Mad Mason of Necrothreat has decided to finally keeel over, and did so on the stone pile. The new mason shat herself.

The fort has begun to calm themselves. Forumites have begun to calm. The scars will heal. Except the blood and bodies, but thats decreasing too. I'm hopeful.

Moreover, I'm worreid about the state of the entrance. The infiltration of the fort by the haxxor worries me. Can they fly? I think not. In anycase, animals are being put in the front to facilitate detection.

Ghosts Ghosts Ghosts. This is seriouosly pissing me off, Mass slabbings are ongoing.

A woodworker goes batty, but but not in the way were they try to kill me.

He runs off to a carpenters shop and starts collecting wood, gold and stone. Hey, that reminds me, I need moar gold.

The entire river has frozen, and we have no booze.  Shiiiiiit. Brewing has finally commenced, so I hope we can  avoid more deaths.

Jesus, the more I look through this fort, the less I want to deal with it over the next year. Everything is everywhere else. I'm just trying to keep them all alive right now.

Haxxor showed up next to militia. It was amazing. It managed to strike the militia commander 4 times before running off. She never got a single shot off

God, If we were to mee these monsters in a actual engagement, we'd be slaughtered. I'm even considering use of the "Danger room method", one I highly disapprove of, just to keep tabs on these beasts. I mean seriously. That scares me.

The woodworker has started her construction. I swear, if she makes some useless piece of crap that just increases this forts value, She's getting thrown into the pit with the moat guard.

Well, at least its a cabinet.Would put this in my room, but I need a room for that, hmm.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 17, 2012, 12:05:59 am »

Awesomeeeee! I thought haxxors DID have teleportation power. That's why they vanish from view? Anyway, when I saw the haxxor, I was like - Aw shit.

Well theres currently no actual teleportation ability, I dont know the specifics but the way the haxxors "teleport" is basically by going invisible or something and reappearing somewhere else. My method involved a tag that bees use to model them dying when they sting something in conjunction with a interaction that transformed a dwarf, cat, or other random creature into a new haxxor. Basically "teleporting" right now is just about creating the best illusion of actual teleportation. My method unfortunately couldnt be used because tags weren't compatable and such, so the haxxors now use the disappearing method.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 17, 2012, 12:09:40 am »

1st if Granite: well, I've finished Sprin's term as Overseer. Heres a recap.

A marksdwarf gave birth today. I suppose thats good, assuming we can keep them away from the Haxxors grubby hands.

A wild boar person hunt was organizaed right as another snatcher was seen. She punched the newborn then disappeared. She grabs the baby from the marksdwarf then disappears. Somehow, the military is still capable of sensing he is here, even as the newborn is carried off the map.

Following the request of some of the dwarves, I have not slabbed my friend Toady.

Little else has happened, and Spring strikes.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 17, 2012, 09:11:47 am »

I'm not going to take credit for the Haxxors. Mr Frog is actually the one who discovered how to make such terrifying creatures - I just changed them from alien beasts to human form (they used to be called "seqiv"). They apparently have the same effect.

You're starting to sound a little paranoid, Misko... ;D If you want to keep them from coming in, all I can suggest is that you turtle and make sure there's no way to get in. I think they lockpick, too, btw.

Great updates so far. :)
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 17, 2012, 09:15:23 am »

I'm finding this awesome so far! That haxxor is intimidating btw :o
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 17, 2012, 09:28:08 am »

You know what would solve this problem? MAGMA. Also a room with all the dwarves burrowed inside, and a lever inside to turn OFF the magma :P or not.....hehe

Indeed, I do this.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 17, 2012, 02:09:14 pm »

WOW YOU FOUND THE THING THAT KILLED MASTACHEESE!!
Or was he reformited?
If not revenge is SWEET!
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 17, 2012, 05:01:46 pm »

WOW YOU FOUND THE THING THAT KILLED MASTACHEESE!!
Or was he reformited?
If not revenge is SWEET!

Sweet and MAGMA flavored :P

Indeed, I do this.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 17, 2012, 07:17:22 pm »

Uhh, mastah cheese is alive, Actually. He could use a trip to the docter, but he's alive.

Also, did you leave the regular gobbo civ in?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 17, 2012, 07:52:28 pm »

STILL DESERVES MAGMATIC REVENGE

Indeed, I do this.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 17, 2012, 08:13:04 pm »

16th of Slate: Well, It's already started warming here, I suppose it doesn't freeze for long.

Another birth. Jesus, What the hell?

Went over the military scheduling today, hope to fix it up. I ca't tell you how many forts haven't gone over their scheduling. Mostly because I wasn't awake when I was at those forts. I need a nap.

Anyway, Today a fisherforumite ran over to the river. At the time it was frozen, so I was curious to see what he was planning. Right as he got there, it unfroze. Psychic bastard.

Here it is partially unfrozen.

I was disturbed to learn that I am not being let off my sentence, and I will still have to serve as overseer. Balls.

MUAHAHA! FINALY CAUGHT ONE OF THOSE SNEAKY BASTARDS!

Sure its not a Haxxor, but It won't stop me from drssing it up like one and dropping it into magma. hmm, no magma. In any case, I alerted the military of possible snatcher activity. A goblin is caught as well, but we see no further attacks. I hae installed a few war dogs, so no more damn haxxor will be finding their way in the fort.

During this I noticed that Mastah cheese is still on duty, despite multiple severe injuries. While I admire his dedication to duty, it decreases efficiency. He won't hear of it, however.

God, I'm just not sure what to do about this stockpile and workshop nightmare. Frankly, I'm not even going to tr to fix it, I'm just going to deal with it as best I can till I can pass this off on some unwitting fool.

Too many fishers, not enough craftsman. Story of my life. On the other hand who wants calamari?

Liason meeting is finally over, and here are the results.

Fascinating. I suppose I'll need these.

Metal is going slow, realized we haven't any charcoal so I haope to get enought to soon get some metal armor.

Put a few to rest, caught a goblin or 2, nothing intersting.

For reasons beyond my understanding, a couple of dwarves were stranded on the far side of one of the rivers.

A dissecter withdraws from society, At this point all I want is fewer dissecters, so as long as he doesn't make "HungryBarrel, The fish of Reckoning, a prepared fish", I'll be happy to see it.

A baby grew to be a Child. Good for him.

We finally got to those poor saps on the other side of the river. They were happy to see us, and came bearing fish. They had spent alot of time fishing.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 17, 2012, 09:08:25 pm »

Yo, where is everybody? Anyway, I'ma get the next one up soon.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 17, 2012, 09:33:22 pm »

Lol, its funny because all of the original fourmites are mostly dead, so I'm guessing most of the migrants werre fishers?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 62