Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 62

Author Topic: Necrothreat - Teh LOLmod succession fort - PG2 FOR DETAILS  (Read 225338 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat - Teh LOLmod succession fort - PG2 FOR DETAILS
« Reply #540 on: October 06, 2012, 08:30:16 pm »

(I had to delete the spam bot stuff to clean the thread, but that was pretty funny)
Oh thank god thats what that was. I just thought the AI had escaped to my computer and was deleting the evidence.

So, 1 Regular, 1 new person, 1 Sentient AI, and 1 confused Toady.

Where are you guys?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 06, 2012, 09:33:44 pm »

OMFG!!!!! WE WERE VISITED BY THE GREAT TOADY ONE!!!!! NOW OUR FORTRESS CAN ONLY PROSPER!!!

I hope...

EDIT:
I just saw the fort and I got some reccomendations:
1) TAKE THE DAMN CMD OUT OF THE MILITARY! We have a full hospital and we need him for diagnostics!
2) Destroy the damn were capybara and the vampire... We need less creatures of the night...
3) Remove the corpse stockpile from the front gate... We're worried about an impending doom approaching, so we can avoid that...
4) Let the haxxors run around and do thier own thing... Unless they come towards the fortress or enter it with haxx, we're ok!
5) Get more people to do healthcare jobs, I think thats how everyone in there is dying of thirst and whatnot... Plus I don't want to die in that stinkhole!
6) Get more soldiers AFTER we get migration waves! We're at 36 fourmites and we need more people to come to our aid...
7) Dig deeper, we need more resources for iron and whatnot... Mostly magma so we can torch the corpses of Non- Fourmites
8) Start a military based on sparring sessions, two person squads
9) Deal with the people in the hospital first! We need people on that RIGHT AWAY!!! Especially since half of our population is either in the hospital or outside guarding...
10) For armoks sake, DO US A FAVOR AND KEEP ME ALIVE!!! I want my fourmite to live till my turn!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 10:22:31 pm by highmax28 »
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 07, 2012, 02:56:20 am »

Okay. I wake up and what do I see? I see Toady One actually commenting on this. This was a pleasant suprise. Then I hear something about a spam bot. Now I am all like "What?". The update was awesome. I still have no idea how we're gonna survive but we need to get ourselves fixed majorly.

Also Toady One, you were Forumited during my turn but you,eh, died during my first attempt at a plug for the aquifer. Now you haunt people with no way as of yet to retain your body.

Main Post (page 2) has been updated with the last update of Misko's turn and the savegame. Now it's time to see what Talvieno will cook up for us. Can't wait *watches with puppy eyes*.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: October 07, 2012, 06:02:13 am »

Okay. First first. I just got an idea how we could implement the future "expanded" version into the mod into the succession fort. Firstly, when the fort dies out and everybody is happy with how it died, I or someone else will create a background story of how 7 dwarves went to another place (new genned world so that the expanded mod works) and they settle there. Since this succession fortress is more about the mod than the actual fortress, I think this might work. But it'll take a long (very long) time until we are depleted with this one so this remains for future discussion. For the story we could make it so that somebody managed to escape from Necrothreat and was forced to gather an expedition to go to settle somewhere. But Necrothreaders all wish for our demise so they follow us everywhere (thus why we settle near a tower whilst the escaped-from-Necrothreat dwarf thinks it's safe) until our utter demise.

Secondly, If you guys are seriously talking about an Anthem, I can make some music I guess but I'll need a little chorus going on here and there which means that I'll be needing some voices mashed in together with lyrics.
As to expanding the mod, I had a ton of ideas that I never really got a chance to implement, but as I said before, I'm a bit distracted with my other mod. :P

If you need singing, I'll try to help... I can't guarantee anything epic, but I'll do my best. Hopefully you have a good sound editor, because I don't have a thing, and can only record on an MP3 player. :P

I think it was awesome that Toady commented. :D I never got to see the spambot post, though.
WHERE ARE YOU GUYS?
I'm here, I'm just being quiet and watching... and dreading my turn. :P And... I guess it's my turn now, then. I need to work on the Vanya story this morning (edit: that's Spearbreakers, to clarify), but I'll see how far I can get with the save this afternoon (hopefully), and I'll (hopefully) have something ready for you guys. I still haven't decided what I'll replace Debner's character with.
edit: I'm running behind on everything lately. :-\ I still need to update the second post in Spearbreakers. Still. >.> But don't worry, I'll do this first. :P Wouldn't leave you guys hanging.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 06:05:16 am by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 07, 2012, 09:38:54 am »

Guys, I just checked the legends screen, and apparently theres SEVERAL lord high threadnecromancers, and the problem: they all died :'(

So impending doom is probably from a normal threadnecromancer... And btw, all of them are considered gods... literally, theyre associated with stuff!

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: October 07, 2012, 11:55:29 am »

FROM SARGE'S JOURNALLOGTHINGYWHATEVER
Allrighty then, this is the journal-log-thingy-whatever of Sarge Boatbores, Militia Captain. I'm a military man... I served my country... I did my time in making the world a better place.

And my country sends me here. Well, if that doesn't beat all that's good and holy in this world, I don't know what does. I mean, look at this place! It's a doggone bonafide mess, for crying out loud! Coffins aboverock, corpses everywhere, and there's a DOG stuck WITH HER PUPPIES on top of the aquifer shaft! It's a miracle she survived the fall! She will be our mascot. Perhaps we can immortalize her in obsidian at some point - a fitting end to a marvelous hero.

And...

by the gods...

Haxxors. There are HAXXORS alive right outside the fortress. ALIVE! OUTSIDE!

I cannot emphasize this enough. SOMETHING MUST BE DONE.

Being a military man, I put my thinker to the grindstone and used my combat experience to come up with a brilliant tactical strategy to defeat them with. It wasn't long before I'd gathered my troops together... Ah, I remember the day well... The day I took charge...
    The carpenters hastily cobbled together a stage for me to stand on, and I began my speech.

"Gentlemen," I said, my voice ringing clearly through the room, "Today, we are going to defeat the foul-footed creatures that plague us! They will not steal our poor souls today, because fear not! I am here!
    "My blessed bretheren of the forums, today, we build... A MIGHTY TOWER!"
    There was some murmuring among the ranks, I kid you not.
    "OHHHHHH, yes," I assured them with a roar. "We're building a TOWER! A tower that will reach TO THE HEAVENS with its mighty... rock... things... BUT BEWARE! From THIS TOWER we will LAUNCH items onto the poor fool's heads below, and they will be flattened! NONE shall survive the might of Necrothreat!"
    "Sarge, I don't think that's the best idea," Mastacheese said. "You see, I -"
    "WHAT?!" I interrupted him with a majestic roar. "DO YOU DOUBT ME, MORTAL??"
    This brought curious glances from the assembled group, and raised eyebrows. No doubt they saw the validity of my question.
    "Mastahcheese, tell me," I said, lowering my voice, "How old am I, today?"
    He didn't even have to check his records. "Eighty-seven, sir," he replied promptly.
    "That's right," I grinned, thumping him on the back. "And what can live to be eighty-seven, Mastahcheese?"
    The global moderator hesitated, clearly stumped by my brilliance. "Um... A tree?"
    "No, of course not!" I roared. "A goblin, you fool! And how long do goblins live??"
    "Forever - they have no max age."
    "THAT'S RIGHT!" I shouted, trying to give him another thump on the back. He sidestepped it - how rude. "Magnificent, my friend! They never die naturally! And what else never dies?!"
    He remained silent.
    "Anyone?" I asked, peering out over the crowd. "Anyone at all? Surely somebody knows what -"
    A little child spoke up from the back of the room. "A god?"
    "YES!!!" I roared gleefully. "EXACTLY SO! I am a GOD, my friend Mastahcheese. Thou shalt not doubt me today!"
    Mastahcheese frowned. "We don't have enough stone, sir."
    I froze, and the smile slowly faded from my face. "Oh... I suppose that does present a problem, yes... Well... I suppose... I decree that we shall simply stay underground and wait til this is all over!"
    As I exited the stage, I cried out, "AND GET THOSE COFFINS DEEPER UNDERGROUND! We don't want necrothreaders raising old threads all over the place!"

And thus began my reign.

My reign over a fortress of 36 lacklimb dwarves.

OH, yes. WE'RE screwed. Utterly, hopelessly SCREWED. But if I can help it... we're going to be screwed in STYLE.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 12:16:37 pm by Talvieno »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 07, 2012, 12:08:36 pm »

Still need people working on the hospital, the CMD is still in the military where he doesn't belong

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 07, 2012, 12:10:47 pm »

Nice update. Very enthuastic. I do hope we survive. I lol'd at the tower part and throwing stuff. Awesome update. Can't wait for more.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 07, 2012, 12:22:01 pm »

BTW in case you guys were wondering, a spambot gained sentience after postng here.

The CMD is in fact in the milifary, hes also the only half decent diagnostian, so he must be kept alive.

We are facing a severe man-power shortage. Everyone is constantly busy.

Maybe we should make BFEL the broker/Docter, you don't need hands for that right?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 07, 2012, 12:28:47 pm »

You should dorf/forumite Memory. That was the spambots name. He was pretty cool for a spambot.

Also, I am dreading my turn. Almost killed my last fort.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: October 07, 2012, 03:12:53 pm »

Hey guize, I have super-Brilliant Idea!!!

We should, for the next update of the mod, create a thieving grazer animal called the "Wild SpamBot". And then, in honor of the first ever sentient spambot, we should make a skulking civ to replace the kobolds, which would comprise spambots that have gained sentience.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 07, 2012, 03:16:23 pm »

We should, for the next update of the mod, create a thieving grazer animal called the "Wild SpamBot". And then, in honor of the first ever sentient spambot, we should make a skulking civ to replace the kobolds, which would comprise spambots that have gained sentience.

I second this.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: October 07, 2012, 03:45:00 pm »

I second this.

That is a brilliant idea
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 07, 2012, 05:27:57 pm »

:D Awesome idea. Spambot.
[PREFSTRING:sentience]
[PREFSTRING:vague reports]

What's the full spambot story? Toady removed all the posts, and I never got a chance to see them. Why exactly are you saying it's sentient?

And yeah, I only took a quick look at the fort (slow, man, seriously - lol), but it looks like there's a LOT that needs to be done. :P

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 07, 2012, 06:39:36 pm »

:D Awesome idea. Spambot.
[PREFSTRING:sentience]
[PREFSTRING:vague reports]

What's the full spambot story? Toady removed all the posts, and I never got a chance to see them. Why exactly are you saying it's sentient?

And yeah, I only took a quick look at the fort (slow, man, seriously - lol), but it looks like there's a LOT that needs to be done. :P
Okay, First there was a spam bot, doing spam botty things. I called you guys out by saying a spambot had posted before you. Then, the spambot responded going "All New guys are spams?". Freaked out, I asked it how was life in india. I had a friend up in Kazahkistain It could go meet. It wondered why I was mentioning a kazakh friend. I got really freaked here, started telling everyone not to scare it, and The Toady Cavarly arrived, deleting its comments. Appearantly it then sent a confused face to toady.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 62