Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 62

Author Topic: Necrothreat - Teh LOLmod succession fort - PG2 FOR DETAILS  (Read 225778 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat - Teh LOLmod succession fort - PG2 FOR DETAILS
« Reply #660 on: October 12, 2012, 06:18:32 am »

Hmm. This does impose a problem, but never fear, Apiks is here with his brilliant ideas.

What we possibly COULD do is to freeze your turn until you are able to finish it. Just like how I did with BFEL. Then when you feel ready to continue, I'll just place you in the order of the list you have said so. Meanwhile, we'll find somebody to finish your turn. But that will be discussed furthrer.

As for MastahCheese's code, I think it would be best if you did print and show up what was wrong with his code so that he could fix it (and gain experience points). But don't reveal it to the public. Just to me and/or mastahcheese I guess if that's possible.

I'll also change your turn in the chart I made from "Talvieno" to "MastahCheese" to accomodiate the changes that have occured.

Meanwhile, we have to discuss who is going to take over Talvieno's turn since MarkRessler hasn't been online since the Second of October and is highly probable that he will either not feel motivated to continue Talvieno's turn ontop of his or will not have the time and dedication to that. Even to his own turn alone.

So in short, with  Talvieno's Permission(he agreed), he is being frozen in time until in future somebody unfreezes him from his frozen sleep. So what will your answer be Talvieno?

On a side note, I really am concerned about the survival of this Fort without Talvieno's expertise. It would impose a challenge of getting to BFEL's turn alone, let alone being able to survive Talvieno and MarkRessler's turns.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 09:01:09 am by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 12, 2012, 07:51:24 am »

oh lol Marks been gone that long? His turn is up in TrialFires as well....better go edit that :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: October 12, 2012, 08:15:45 am »

That's fine with me. I'd quite enjoy having a turn later, when I could handle it.

As for MastahCheese's code, I think it would be best if you did print and show up what was wrong with his code so that he could fix it (and gain experience points). But don't reveal it to the public. Just to me and/or mastahcheese I guess if that's possible.
It shall be done.

Do you really want me to upload what little I have? I've only played through a month. I would like to make some suggestions, though - the fortress needs some extensive micromanagement. Anything not directly related to survival has to be cut, and re-enabled later. The coffins up-top need to be deconstructed and carried downstairs somewhere. And never, at anytime, should you open the bridge. Even if you're just trolling the Haxxors. We're almost out of drink, too. :P Despite our nine stills.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 12, 2012, 08:56:27 am »

Oh yes, do upload your savegame. If you so desire, I can write a mini-story on how your character disappeared, was eaten by something or anything else that pops into my mind to accomodate you not playing.

I have contacted MarkRessler and am awaiting to see if he will reply with a yes or no. We still have not decided who is going to take over your turn Talvieno so that shall have to be dealth with in the near days. So that everybody can cast their votes on who should play.

Talvieno has been officially FROZEN.

Edit: Main post (Page 2) has been edited to accomodate the happening things.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 09:00:46 am by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 12, 2012, 01:35:10 pm »

So I guess NAV is next? And Marks gave up on Daggerdeath (As everyone pretty much has), so we're getting closer my turn :D

Btw, I'm hoping if NAV takes over the turn of Tal, that he does something to halt the tower's building (maybe he does something to "freeze" tal so he doesn't complete it? :o ) Just a thought :P
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 12, 2012, 02:25:48 pm »

I will lead the fort in this time of need. Don't expect me to actually fix anything though.
And what's this I hear about freezing Tal? is it even cold enough for that?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 12, 2012, 02:29:29 pm »

NAV, not literaly his dwarf character. I don't think we have any means of doing that without even wasting precious time and resourses. He's frozen his turn. That's all. It's all metaphorical.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 12, 2012, 10:36:19 pm »

So does that mean I'm the new head of "teh LOLmod V2" commitee, now?
I'm ok with that, just, wow.
Ok. Well, I'll do my best with that, just be sure that whatever anyone sends me isn't in anything more complicted than a zip file, downloading RAR file openers has made me ragequit more than all videogames combined. (Don't know why anybodywould send me a rar, but whatever)
So it's officially NAV's turn, now?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 12, 2012, 11:44:54 pm »

I think so, and we could lock Tal's guy in a room and keep him alive and say he's been "Frozen" :P

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 13, 2012, 05:10:51 am »

I'll wait 1 more day before it becomes NAV's turn. I don't want to not give people a chance.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 13, 2012, 06:45:59 am »

I'm packaging and uploading the file as we speak. I'll have a PM for you soon, Apiks.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 13, 2012, 07:31:28 am »

As I posted in the file description:

Here's Necrothreat. I didn't manage to finish my tower, but I sorta got there. Through ridiculously careful micromanagement, the doc was locked in the hospital for a while, and I had almost everybody assigned to special burrows - we got the coffins pulled up, but they still haven't been moved. Oh well. We also have around 200ish drinks. Woot!

There's a place dug out for the magma forges. Oh, and a few people may have a little bit of mining skill but not have the mining labor turned on anymore. Also, I tended to lock people in areas like the corpse pile and other such places. A few guys had a burrow where they couldn't do anything but bring plants and booze to the stills, a couple other guys couldn't do anything but make booze. I took the burrows off before I uploaded, to make things a bit less confusing for the next overseer.

Oh, and SOMEBODY decided to use my drainage pipe for a hallway, and THEN proceed to make a staircase under it, that I didn't see. One of our lower hallways is now flooded. I bypassed it. But we have a dining room with a waterfall. Happythoughts to go around.

Also, the tower is partially made of gold. Did I mention that?

And finally, we struck marble.

...by the way, migrants. Don't let them in.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 13, 2012, 09:35:25 am »

Main post (Page 2) has been updated with Talvieno's savegame.

My suggestion is for NAV to download it and take a look at it as a headstart since chances of MarkRessler coming are slim.

I will soon be writing the story to cover up Talvieno's short turn in "[Interspace]" as is defined in the Main Post (Page 2).
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 13, 2012, 10:18:54 am »

Why don't we let the migrants in? We have a population of less then 40 :o

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 13, 2012, 10:31:47 am »

I think it's on the other side of the bridge and there are haxxors there. That's what I think though, I haven't actually checked the savegame. I do know for a fact that according to what Talvieno said, there are haxxors on the other side of the bridge.
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 62