Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 62

Author Topic: Necrothreat - Teh LOLmod succession fort - PG2 FOR DETAILS  (Read 225278 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat - Teh LOLmod succession fort - PG2 FOR DETAILS
« Reply #780 on: October 23, 2012, 07:53:16 pm »

Upload it!
Oh wow! Is still the best option.

Are the greatest minds in the bay12iverse seriously not capable of vanquishing a head?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: October 23, 2012, 08:49:28 pm »

Are the greatest minds in the bay12iverse seriously not capable of vanquishing a head?

This is siggable :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: October 23, 2012, 10:59:17 pm »

It would seem so. A simple head on a spike can cause so much trouble to all of us. It is ridiculous and I have no idea how to deal with it whilst dealing with the outside threat at the same time.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: October 24, 2012, 06:27:02 am »

Welp were boned!
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: October 24, 2012, 08:07:35 am »

My friend will be looking at the save today, if anyone can save us, its him. Hes the one who got me to play DF, and has done such monstrosities, its incredible. If the save is not up by today, we have a glimmer of hope!
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: October 24, 2012, 05:44:14 pm »

I haven't finished reading the last 10 pages yet, but here are some ideas for LOLmod v2:
- Give forumites "forum posts" (or just "posts") which could be a weapon, like a spear?
- Make "wiki articles" (another trade good, or maybe they are a buff or type of armor)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: October 24, 2012, 09:29:12 pm »

I haven't finished reading the last 10 pages yet, but here are some ideas for LOLmod v2:
- Give forumites "forum posts" (or just "posts") which could be a weapon, like a spear?
- Make "wiki articles" (another trade good, or maybe they are a buff or type of armor)
Hey, these sound pretty good, I should probably work on those, since apiks made me the manager of this new mod.

My wife says they sound cool.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: October 24, 2012, 09:37:08 pm »

Hey, these sound pretty good, I should probably work on those, since apiks made me the manager of this new mod.

My wife says they sound cool.
So, on that, School is likely to take up large amounts of my time in the coming weeks, however, It is likely I will be able to finish up my section. Maybe toss in a spam weapon. I mentally am thinking of a blunt-force dagger, because so many advertisements bam you over the head with the concept. However, I am open to ideas. I am also getting ideas from the sister regarding the weapon, and possible items they create (ads), but again, open to ideas.

I have to say I really like the idea of this mod, and I hope it continues.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: October 24, 2012, 10:38:51 pm »

Just talked to my friend... His opinions were brilliant, but alot impossible to do because of the aquifer...

1) Ignore the head
2) Collapse the wall
3) Use a military fourmite to build staircases (not sure if this works)
4) Dig through the wiki for solutions
5) Dig through the wall and make a tunnel somewhere through to the other half of the fortress (he says the aquifer can't be THAT big...)
6) All else fails, LOOSING IS FUN!

I'll be uploading the save tomorrow, too tired, had to work today after drafting class
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: October 24, 2012, 11:47:20 pm »

Work underground. Forbid and wall off the surface, then start farming the caverns or something. You could try to dig to hell! The surface doesn't exist for necrothreat anymore, and soon enough it will fade to legend.

Oh, and would it be possible to mod dwarves/forumites to go blind if they are scared a lot? because that would solve problems like this.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: October 24, 2012, 11:55:00 pm »

Coming along on stuff for the v2, I just made a basic idea of the "forum post" weapon suggested by Ruhn.
Currently, it uses the spear skill (thinking about changing it), and you can hack with the sig line, jab with the avatar, and smash with the text, imagine them  holding the post by the right-hand side.

As for the wiki articles, still working on it.  EDIT

I decided to make wiki articles into a shield with properties roughly inbetween that of bucklers and shields, although, for the cost in term of materials needed to make, they are the most economically sound of the three. It will also give the trololols and haxxors a nice shield that fits their personality.

Also, to make the mod a little more immersive, the food names have been changed, instead of biscuits, stews, and roasts, we now have chips, coffee, and tv dinners.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 12:06:39 am by mastahcheese »
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: October 25, 2012, 09:04:51 am »

Coming along on stuff for the v2, I just made a basic idea of the "forum post" weapon suggested by Ruhn.
Currently, it uses the spear skill (thinking about changing it), and you can hack with the sig line, jab with the avatar, and smash with the text, imagine them  holding the post by the right-hand side.

As for the wiki articles, still working on it.  EDIT

I decided to make wiki articles into a shield with properties roughly inbetween that of bucklers and shields, although, for the cost in term of materials needed to make, they are the most economically sound of the three. It will also give the trololols and haxxors a nice shield that fits their personality.

Also, to make the mod a little more immersive, the food names have been changed, instead of biscuits, stews, and roasts, we now have chips, coffee, and tv dinners.
Way cool!
The food changes caught me by surprise, great idea.  In addition to coffee, perhaps replace some beers/wines with soda pop and milk shakes?

edit)) 2 words: Energy Drinks
"Urist McInternet needs energy drinks to get through the working day."
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 09:23:18 am by Ruhn »

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: October 25, 2012, 09:28:15 am »

I pass my vote for Vodka. Anyway, If we can be self-sustaining, our only chance is to go underground. But that in itself is a great trial. If we manage that, we're pretty much set but I doubt it'll be as easy. However, whoever manages to achieve it will achieve great fame as the "Savior of NecroThreat".
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: October 25, 2012, 02:30:23 pm »

I finished reading, my ideas to save the fort:
a) draft migrants and hope there is a bow out there they can use to shoot the head off the wall with.
b2) have the migrants hide someplace and make a new plug through the aquifier.
3) look at the wiki about "draining the aquifier off t3h map" (or into a cavern)

All plans probably require living in the caverns.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: October 25, 2012, 02:43:47 pm »

People, I would like to have another turn (if the fort survives that long). I also might reload my save and see if I can fix this mess, get it playable for highmax.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 62