Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 62

Author Topic: Necrothreat - Teh LOLmod succession fort - PG2 FOR DETAILS  (Read 222204 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat - Teh LOLmod succession fort - PG2 FOR DETAILS
« Reply #390 on: September 21, 2012, 02:37:32 pm »

I'm still hoping to be forumited (dorfed).  Preferably male, preferably as the bookkeeper, but any non-military job will do in a pinch.
It shall be done.
Awesome. lol   I was hoping we had an ore of iron somewhere.  How are the corpses coming, do we have them all underground? And are we raising the walls up top so that necrothreaders can't send fireballs our way?
Yes, Iron. The lack was killing me. I so wish we had gold hammers, but iron will do fine.

Did I mention we have a mountain of gold? Cause we do. I could spend the rest of my turn doing only smelting related-activities, and still not have smelted all of it. Or even much of it.

Corspes are mostly underground, one or two stay ears remaining. Still haven't managed to get all dwarves into coffins. There are a lot of corpses. I forgot to raise walls, doing so.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 22, 2012, 04:21:37 am »

Atleast we won't have to worry about trade in that case and whether or not we have the funds. The question is - Who's gonna make a megaproject made outta pure gold.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 22, 2012, 09:57:41 am »

Atleast we won't have to worry about trade in that case and whether or not we have the funds. The question is - Who's gonna make a megaproject made outta pure gold.

The problem with this is that we would have to find a way to convert gold into corpses.
A giant cave of falling gold maybe? Golden Minecarts flinging gold at gobbos?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 22, 2012, 11:18:29 am »

The problem with this is that we would have to find a way to convert gold into corpses.
A giant cave of falling gold maybe? Golden Minecarts flinging gold at gobbos?
Somehow this reminds me of cave-ins in arena mode. Instead of being made of a single material, the dust clouds are made of everything. This includes every type of gem imaginable. First time I saw it I thought it was transmutation. :P
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 22, 2012, 01:54:01 pm »

Yay, I'm back on the computer! Lets get some updates! But first, Who wants some commisioned fan-art?

Okay right, in the sucession fort of necrothreat, Aminer is casually mining out valuable gold. About 8 trogs show up and attack the guy. The result?

I imagine her as just skipping around, driving her pick into trogs when applicable. The survivers flee.

but seriously what is up with that report picture it's resized to hell and back again

On an unrelated note, I found the magic blend of "cavern floor" using RGB noise. Is there anything it can't do?
Apiks looks particularly jolly here.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 22, 2012, 02:03:28 pm »

Yeeey! Hurrah! So much gold! *has illusion that trogs are gold* Oh look! Moving gold. I have to break it before it runs away. *whack* *whack* *whack* Lalalala *whack* *whack* *whack*. Hmm. What is this? The gold turned red and the rest escaped. This is starting to feel o--- Oh look, more gold. Lalalala.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 22, 2012, 03:07:41 pm »

Yeeey! Hurrah! So much gold! *has illusion that trogs are gold* Oh look! Moving gold. I have to break it before it runs away. *whack* *whack* *whack* Lalalala *whack* *whack* *whack*. Hmm. What is this? The gold turned red and the rest escaped. This is starting to feel o--- Oh look, more gold. Lalalala.

THIS.
Just....THIS

Indeed, I do this.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 23, 2012, 02:50:08 am »

Sorry guys, little sister took me off the computer using maipulative little girl powers. Tried to put up update tonight but screwed up from sleep-deprivation. WILL GET IT UP TOMMOROW, PLUS MORE.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 23, 2012, 10:49:06 pm »

Where be dat update?
Founder of Teh LOLmod

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 23, 2012, 10:50:20 pm »

Where be dat update?
I'll have to stay up. Ehh, its fine, I wasn't going to sleep anyway. I've held you guys up enough.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 24, 2012, 01:51:08 am »

8th of Limestone: Today, I'd like to celebrate a important day. It took us a long time to get here, and as much as I'd like to thank every single person who helped us get here, I can't for want of time. However, I will stop to say it took a lot of people, and their sacrifices will not be in vain.

SILVER HAMMERS! About TIME! This should aid greatly in our fight against the undead hordes.

Things slowly progress, this is probably a running theme at this point. I'm upset about how little in the way of burial is occuring, our miners have still not mined out the temporary extension to the catacombs. Must be because their too busy mining out gold (or, in aoiks case, mining skulls). Bah, no one is helpig me here.

Did I mention I'm in the hospital? Yes well, after the recent attack, I injured my self. Curses, I know, But Its why I've been recieving reports from others instead of the real deal. I think I've figured out why though. It turns out the CMD has been incapacitated themself. How odd. I was in a seperate room, so I didn't know. Bastards. All I still need is a immobilization, so I hope to be out of here soon.

The troglodytes dispersed. One of them started chaisng a random mechanic, while the militia chased him. What a terrifying game of hide-and-seek.

The militia caught up with them before any serious damage could be done,and the trog was killed. A counter-attack was then launched by the trogs, getting the jump on the dwarves there. Meanwhile,  Apiks, slayer of the trog, decides the best use of his time is to store something in a bin.

A maceforumite is killed. A hammerforumite arrives on the scene and dispenses basalt-based justice while the afore-mentioned mechanic is single-handedly beating to death a trog. A hammerforumite arrives with a granite banhammer and finishes him off.I think its safe to say the trogs have been BANNED.

A Troll shows up right next to the combat zone immediately after. It kills a random bowforumite and engages in bloodthirsty combat with a hammerforumite before highmax, ( member highmax? that recent migrant), attacks from behind, teariing it to shreds.

The fights going on in the centrance are becoming weirder. tell me, how does this occur?

I wil be sure to ask someone that. I'm begining to think that the reports I'm recieving are less then accurate. I'm going to need to reprimand some people upside the head when I'm able.

The wall that prevents LOS for necros is finally being put up. Progress is being made on the smoothing and furnishing front.  Coffins are being built.  No one has removed the elf corpses in the front yard though, might have to dump'em.

Uh oh. The frienly humans have arrived. You knwo what that means? I do. I quickly order all corpses moved inside. Corpses start moving soon enough, and I order the bridge closed. Better lose a few then all.

A dog shows great bravery in charging the corpses, giving us time to pull the lever. A fleeing horse notices a necromancer. The dogs and a jackal charge him, injuring him but not sufficiently.

He enters the fort proper, and raises various things.A miner manages to seal te gate so his friends can't help him out. The militia kills him quickly and kills the undead in the walls with acceptable casualties. I dragged myself out there to help, and I have to say, a funny image was the strange mood guy running right through the melee to grab a piece a leather. As the last head is crushed, the bridge finally raises. Gonna be a freaking while before It lowers in MY power. Turtling it is, opening only for migrants. Now, the only threat is from ourselves.

What? Infighting between the monsters? Are they not united agains the forces of good? Weird.

Anyway, after battle report. Our bowforumites were of a great help, and will be counted on in the future. It was one of them that actually delivered the finishing blow to the necro, a Dastot Gearedmine.

At one point in the fighting, a undead spotted a kobold. That poor kobold never ran as fast as he did now. Many members of our quickly drafted militia are injured, It will require a hospital Expansion.

I've looked around, spoken to people, trying to get  afeel on things,  and the Fort is mostly content. A number of fines. one or 2 happys, a small number of unhappys and 1 miserable. I think we will perservere.

Also, LOL, did this happen again?

A head is up there, watching people, scaring haulers. The Bowdwarves are taking potshots at it. Yo, stop it, the ammo is scarce. Eh, let them have it, we could use the damn practice. I'd rather a few guys get awesome shots of then everyone miss.

My spies report that a necro is caught in a cage outside. Huh. The bastard can get comfortable, cause He'll be there for a while.

The archers kill off the last 2 undead. I temporarily open up so that dead may be retrieved. That necro is going to get Hammered.

BTW, A bunch of random epople got kills, no named people got killed, go day, I think. Greycat got a kill. BFEL is missing a hand, and has moter damage in the other one. That didn't prevent him from getting kills though. We're at 48 forumites.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 24, 2012, 08:30:46 am »

Oh my shit I love that update XD
Everything in there is pure gold, the cow and the horse, the monster infighting (prob cuz threadzombies have emotions, unlike normal zombies) and of course the zombie head potshots. All of that is just pure win.
Also you might wanna keep that necro caged and not kill him, cuz eventually you could totally weaponize him against a gobbo seige or something.

Also MAH POOR HAULIN HANDSISIS

Indeed, I do this.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 24, 2012, 08:36:23 am »

Awesome. No words to describe. I'm so happy that were in a stable position, considering how it was before. Can't wait for mooore. Gold rusher Misko, that be you.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 24, 2012, 08:43:21 am »

A hammerforumite arrives with a granite banhammer and finishes him off. I think its safe to say the trogs have been BANNED.
This is awesome. :D

The fights going on in the centrance are becoming weirder. tell me, how does this occur?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's a game of Twister. Quadruped Twister.

What? Infighting between the monsters? Are they not united agains the forces of good? Weird.
...That was unexpected. lol    No idea what happened there. :-\

Very awesome update overall. :)
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 24, 2012, 01:19:49 pm »

Like I said Talvi, the undead infighting is probably cuz I gave the threadzombies emotions, so yeah they probably had a disagreement over who gets the larger portion of that dwarfs brains

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 62