Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Othono, A Tale of the Dead, story/(community) fortress.  (Read 26008 times)

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
Othono, A Tale of the Dead, story/(community) fortress.
« on: March 29, 2008, 07:10:00 am »

( English is not my native language, and this is my first attempt at a story, so be gentle. ( NOT IN THE FACE!!! ) )

When one looks at the Eternal Universe, many things can be found. Peace is absolutely not one of them.
War and destruction rages in the depths of the Roasted Blueness. Chaos and disunion splits the highest peaks of the Teaths of Leaking.
The world of Armok trembles on it's foundations. Not even the greatest human empires are truely safe.
And none will be able to stop the coming of a new world order...
One that is not stopped by mortality.

------xXx------

A unnerving sound echoed through the cliffs of the Teeths of Leaking. The sound of old, rusty metal causing friction with dry, hard bone.
Unnerving.
Not that anyone would hear it. For what sane dwarf would travel in these parts? These cursed hills led to nowhere but more cursed hills and steep peaks.
Not that Thimeth Bokgirus was a sane dwarf.
For those that not knew him, he seemed to be normal, actually. Unlike most other dwarves, he is not a depraved, tantrum-throwing booze drinking maniac. With his brown eyes and thick, black hair, he radiated calmness. But his eyes were exceptionally sharp and looked very witty.
Thimeth Bokgirus was an Imperial ranger.
His exceptional ability to track and hunt down prey in his early years did not go unnoticed, and soon he became the first dwarven ranger ever to be drafted into the human army.
And now, here he was, searching for a lunatic human who claimed he could destroy the empire of man.
Why they had trusted this task to him was a mystery. Raving madmen were common these days. What made this one special?
The human had been living in a small village, untill they drove him out, last week. A day before he arrived. Blasted timing.
Luckily, finding his track wasn't that hard. Every now and then he found a piece of ripped black cloth. The human apparently wears black robes.
An evil magician? He feared so.

Well, He'd better go find out what is causing this noise. He was almost certain that troublesome human is causing it.
If he could only remember his name...

-------°O°--------

A unnerving sound echoed through the cliffs of the Teeths of Leaking. The sound of old, rusty metal causing friction with dry, hard bone.
Unnerving.
Even after hearing it countless times, the sound of bones moving and frictioning still scared the hell out of him.
He saw the same fear of his brothers in their eyes. The fear of the undead.
Bloody peasants. They caused all of this. They nearly destroyed everything.
He could remember how it all started. How he was approached by a shady figure, he called himself the Nightbringer.
The Nightbringer promised him power. Unlimited power. Unholy power.
Young and ambitious that he was, he followed the great Nightbringer. Just as scores of other, unknowning men.
We carved out homes near the human village of Kazisukor
We grew every day, and soon, the Nightbringer gave us the power he promised.
The power to control the undead.
We were fools to think we could get away with it without a price. I am sure I lost my soul back then. Just like my fellow acolytes.
But we didn't care. We started the rituals to resurrect the dead.
But then the peasants became suspicious, condemned us as witches, and the local nobility destroyed our homes, our dreams.
Many of us died that fateful day. Only 6 acolytes survived. The Nightbringer was dead. But death does not stop the Nightbringer.
I, Kado Ushupeso, left hand of the Nightbringer, will ressurect the Nightbringer and make him more powerful then before. We will triumph.
A dry voice woke him up from his slumber. "My lord, we have arrived." The voice seemed to be one of the skeletons he brought with him.  
He did not trust them. With the Nightbringer dead, they no longer have a living leader. He hoped his authority was enough to control them
and that untrusty Apug Agemin untill the Nightbringer is back.
"We build a new future here. Search for food and water. We will start digging out new tombs."
"As commanded, my lord."
"Cor!" "What did we bring with us?"
"Some seeds and food, axes and picks and some undead."
"That's all?"
"No, we brought some metal bars too"
"Metal bars? By Asha, we don't even have an anvil. Who's idea was that?
"Ithra's"
"I should have known. Did we bring the items I asked for?"
"Yes, the ritual items are still intact."
"And the body?"
"Still in perfect condition."
"Perfect."
Good. We can start getting to work. We need new lodgings if we are going to survive in this desolate place.

My fellow acolytes tell me this place used to be an old altar to the nature gods. I can still feel it's powers around here.
On another note, I decided to name this Takrupan, "Justiceworked". A suitable name for when we have our revenge!

[ April 09, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

[ April 12, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Othono, A Tale of the Dead, story/(community) fortress.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 07:31:00 am »

---°O°---

Diary of Kado Ushupeso, 8th Granite, 1051.

I have decided to map out the surroundings and to make a register of all our acolytes. Ithra and Bolli have created a small farm nearby, on a fertile patch of land. We have found no water yet.
We have started digging into the hill, and have created a carpenter's and mason's workshop. Tikes, our miner, told me the hill consists of limestone and jet. That means we have enough stone to build our furniture.

Register:

[ March 29, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 07:51:00 am »

Diary of Kado Ushupeso, 24th Granite, 1051.

I saw the two farmers and Apu Agemin whispering behind my back.
My trust in Apu declines every day.
Her questioning of my authority is becoming insulting.
Apparently, she and the farmers started a new farm on which they will grow wild strawberries, while I had requested to grow only prickle berries!
If she wasn't such a valuable asset to our small ranks, I would have made her join my skeleton servants.
In other news, one of our skeletons has gone missing. One of our patrols found dwarven footsteps near our farms. Are we being watched?
If so, the return of the Nightbringer must be sped up. I have already started preparing some of the ritual items...

[ March 30, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 07:57:00 am »

Diary of Thimeth Bokgirus, 24th Granite, 1051.

UNDEAD! BLOODY UNDEAD! EVERYWHERE!
Those bone abominations have infested this rock. One even spotted me. It was a close fight, and I think I broke something in my foot, but I could dispose it.
Even worse, it seems the human is not alone. I've seen atleast 4 of them outside, cursing these lands.
I can't do this alone. I'm going back to the village. We will strangle this evil in it's infancy!

----xXx----

Diary of Kado Ushopeso, 20th Slate, 1051.

Our new home is growing nicely. We have a small storage room, different workshops and enough lodgings to accomodate us.
Even better is the state of our resurrection room; it is almost finished.
The Nightbringer will return!!!

[img=http://img29.picoodle.com/img/img29/4/3/29/f_oversightm_ca5ff6c.png]

[ April 06, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 05:47:00 am »

Diary of Apug Agemin, 27th Felsite 1051.

Time has passed surprisingly quick around here. Probably because of all the work Kado forces us to do.
I overheard Kado talking with Tikes. Apparently, some dwarf is spying on us.
Luckily, we brought some weaponry with us, and our undead servants are numerous.
I have been trying to convince Ithra and Bolli to start rebelling against Kado.
Who does he think he is? While he eats of our meat reserves and sleeps in the largest room, we have to settle with some prickle berries and meager bedrooms.
Not that i suspect anything that grows around here will ever be fully edible.
My only allegiance is to the Nightbringer, not to some "chosen acolyte".
The only reason I have not killed him in his sleep yet is because he is the only one around here who knows how to ressurect our lord.
But once he is back, things will change. Oh yes.

---<><>---

2nd Hematite, 1051.

Apu Agemin woke up sweating. She looked around in her bedroom, as if she was suspecting to find a demon. Heavily breathing, she stood up and walked around in circles, thinking about what she just dreamed of.
What she remembered was vague. She saw a ray of light, but not just normal light. Everything it touched burned. She saw her fellow acolytes run from it, but they all became devoured by it. But not her.
As she looked into the light, she saw something... but what?
A mirror! Yes, she was sure it was a mirror! She saw herself... but, what was so terrible it made her wake up?
Suddenly, she heard a knock on her door...
"Yes?"
"Mistress, the ritual has started."
Excited she ran up into the corridor.
"Very good. Skeleton, you are dismissed."
The skeleton slowly turned his back to her and started slowly walking to his tomb.
She ran to the ritual chamber. She fashioned herself infront of the door and then opened it.
The faint glow of candle light shone into her face.
"Apu is here, Kado"
"Ithra, you adress me as mylord."
"Sure Kado."
She and the other 3 acolyes grinned under their hoods.
Kado stared at Ithra for a split second with the most foul look she ever saw.
He continued.
"Now that everyone is here, including the slowest of us ( he looked at Apu )
we shall start the ritual."
The acolytes formed a circle around the corpse placed against the northern wall of the chamber and started humming.
Kado took out different oddly shaped items and started reciting formulas in an old forgotten language.
Then, he drew a knife and held it high up into the air.
"It is time for the blood sacrifice."
"Blood?" the acolytes shuffled back. "Since when do we need blood to ressurect the dead?" replied Cor.
"We need as much power as we can get to ressurect someone as powerfull as the Nightbringer. Are we becoming shy?"
Nobody answered.
"Very well, you cowards. I shall offer first."
With a broad gesture he cutted his wrist. He walked up to the small bowl infront of the corpse and filled it to about a quarter with his blood.
"There we go. Now Cor, show the other acolytes how easy it is." he grinned.
And so, each of us offered blood.
Kado took up the bowl, filled to the edge with blood and gently poored the contents into the mouth of the corpse.
"Now, we wait!' he proclaimed.
Still troubled with my nightmare, I asked "Does the resurrection produces any... light?"
Kado looked suspiciously at me, and replied "If it should matter, yes it does, the amount of power that bundles into the corpse is so great it produces a great flash. Why?"
"You see, I had a nightmare just before this ritual started. A ray of light devoured.. wait..."
"What?"
I panicked when I suddenly realised what was about to happen
"You must stop the ritual!"
"Stop the ritual? Have you gone mad?"
"The light I dreamed about was not the light of the ritual. It's something far worse."
"What are you raving about?"
"What day are we today?"
"Enlighten me."
"The first of Hematite."
"So?"
"Summer starts today."
"I still not see the point in your raving. Have the strawberries gotten into your head?" he laughed. Noone else did.
One of the acolytes, possibly Ithra, replied. "Uhmmm... Kado. Remember what happened when we tried to ressurect that wyvern on the first of Hematite?"
Kado became pale. "Shit."
A bright flash suddenly bursted from the corpse and a shockwave blew us back.
A scream followed by a roar hurled through the sky, and the statues around us collapsed.
"Everyone alright?"
"Well, next to the fact that the bloody ceiling fell on our heads, we're all right."
A dry, horrifying voice suddenly filled the sky.
"FOOLS! KADO, AND YOUR MEDDLING BAND OF AMATEURS, YOU ARE ALL FOOLS!"
We shaked on our bones as we saw our lord, the Nightbringer, rise from his coffin.
"Mylord, a million apologies, I am but a worm, please spare me!"
But without hesitation the Nightbringer lifted Kado by his head and banged him against the only statue still standing. Three times.
"Bu-uuut mylord, the ritual succeeded! Ittt did had a bit of a violent end--ding, but..."
"Ah yes, it did. But we just awakened something foul."
"Whhha-hat isss that something?"
He grinned.
"Look up"
I screamed.
The sun shone brightly on a new spectator.
An archangel.

[ March 30, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 02:00:00 pm »

Diary of Thimeth Bokgirus, 2nd Hematite 1051.

Bloody timing.
Just as I arrived in the human village, completely exhausted and scarred, a bright flash appeared from that cursed hill.
A few seconds later, screaming could be heard and the heavens ripped open, emitting the strongest light I ever saw.
For the first time in my life I saw an archangel. It was beautiful.
Fully clad in a white colored armour and wielding a large halberd, it started flying to the hill. With it's divine speed, it didn't even take a minute.
I didn't even had to warn the villagers anymore. But when I told them about the necromancers, they all started to grin.
The mayor told me he would round up the local militia, but he doubted they would have any trouble. He told me he saw an archangel in battle once in his young years. He saw it pop open a giant cave spider with a swing of it's blade.
I prayed tonight. I told god I only asked to strangle this evil, not to throw a sledgehammer against it!

[ April 07, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Lord_Frodo

• Bay Watcher
  • The crazy in the corner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 05:10:00 pm »

:eek:    :eek:    :eek:

nice story. Hope to see more of it soon.
What mod are you using to get the skeletons?

EDIT: could you post a map on the DFMA?
Some of the pictures arent working.

[ March 30, 2008: Message edited by: Lord_Frodo ]

Even the cutest things can be endearing when on fire. ~ Cajoes
GENERATION 26:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 08:43:00 pm »

Indeed, this is a good story.

Can't wait for the next bit.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 08:29:00 am »

Lord Frodo: I just added a creature myself. I'll add some pics to the DFMA soon. But first, the next chapter!

--->o<---

The archangel roared with an inhuman voice before lifting his gigantic halberd.
The halberd started emitting light first, but after a few seconds, fire started sprouting from it, and in a matter of moments it reached us.
Ithra and Cor were immediately consumed by the sea of fire that swept around us. I tried escaping, but the fire was everywhere.
I fell down on my knees and everything turned black for a few moments.
But suddenly a tide of green light engulfed us, and the fire was gone.
For a few moments, there was the most creeping silence I had ever heard.
I looked around, although I wished I didn't.
The only things left of Ithra and Cor was a small heap of ashes, and the ritual chamber, or what was left of it, was no more then a black crater.
The archangel, still hanging in the air, spoke with a inhuman voice.
"Your acolytes haven't exactly learned anything, did they? Ressurecting on the first day of the summer? Come now, not even a skeleton could be that stupid."
The Nightbringer, who apparently had casted the green light replied  surprisingly happy. "And your master has still not learned anything too. Does he still think a single archangel can even stand a chance against me?"
"You overestimate your powers, Desocucu."
"YOU DARE CALL ME BY MY NAME?"
"Your name no longer spreads fear. It didn't in Nisthra, and it will not spread fear here!"
I was quite overwhelmed. Nisthra.
Our gods refuse to speak of other realms, but demons and elementals have learned us that there are atleast three other worlds: Nexius, Deui and Nisthra.
Nexius is the plane of demons and is aligned with everything that stands for chaos. Not all of this is necessarily evil: Nexius can stand for change, evolution and independence.
Deui is the plane of elementals and is aligned with order. Just like the Nexius, not all of this is necessarily good like all the archtypes tend to make you believe: Deui can stand for zeal, intolerance and repression.
Nisthra is the plane of gods. The place were Athari, the creator of everything ruled. Every lesser god must obey his command, no matter how insane it is.
If lord Athari commands a god to destroy a thousand worlds by invading it by mad cows, it shall happen. And it probably already did, as it must be insanely boring to be THE creater.
"Enough talking, I am tired of your master's little games!" replied the Nightbringer, and with a hand gesture, he made a sword appear.
The archangel roared once again and charged the Nightbringer.
The sword and halberd clashed and caused a great shockwave that threw the archangel back for a few feet.
Taking advantage of this, the Nightbringer jumped forward and cutted into the archangel's armour. The blade pierced it in the right leg, causing a terrible gash. The Nightbringer took another step forward, driving the sword even deeper into the archangel.
The archangel tried bashing the Nightbringer with his gauntlet, but in mid-air it frictioned with the green aura surrounding the Nightbringer, causing it to shatter. The shock and pain caused the archangel to attempt to get away from the sword, but the sword looked like it was draining his life.
"Don't worry, little angel. It's just a flesh wound." The Nightbringer grinned and pulled his sword out of the wound, causing the remaining tissue around the wound to shred. With a roar of pain, the archangel fell to the ground. And a few seconds later, his right leg fell next to him.
The Nightbringer brought up his sword and threw it into the archangel's face.
After a moment of silence, Kado started to cheer. Bad move.
"Well done mylord! That will show that Deui bastard a.."
The Nightbringer pulled his sword out of the archangel's body and threw it to Kado. It hitted him right into his chest, causing him to rip apart.
"LET THIS BE A LESSON TO ALL OF YOU, UNWORTHY WORMS. KNEEL!"
Since all of us still wanted our body to stay in one piece, we kneeled.
"A major mistake like this is unacceptable. Not only does the entire universe now knows I have returned, we also lost a very nice ritual chamber!"
Me, Tikes and Bolli looked up. "Ritual chamber? Mylord..."
The Nightbringer laughed. "You'r humor seems to be as dead as Kado. Oh well. Gather the skeletons, some material and food. We're leaving"
"Leaving, mylord?"
"Naturally. The entire kingdom will be coming after us. Luckily, I always have a second plan for when things go wrong. We go to the beaches of the Roasted Blueness!"
We went pale.

[ April 05, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 12:23:00 pm »

Diary of Desocucu, the Nightbringer, date unknown.

---OoO---

I have returned. But the acolytes incompetence has drastically changed my original plan.
It will now be a matter of time before servants of Deui and zealous humanoids come to find me.
The lord of Deui has puppets in every realm, even the most boring ones, like this one. I still remember how this madness all started.
How the gods casted me aside. How they have been chasing me for so many years.
Although I doubt it will have any use, I will explain how this situation happened. Not because we are "evil" or heretics. Oh no. It is because of that blasted Athari and his puppet, Armok!
I am Ulian Desocucu, the first creation to walk the worlds the gods have created. I was powerful, but not powerful enough for the gods to worry about me. Millenia passed, and I became stronger and wiser.
The gods quarrelled about the most minor issues, and the mortals followed
their examples. I kept on learning, and on one historic day, I achieved something nobody ever did before. I broke the laws Athari crafted. I said no to his "almighty power". I broke the laws of life and death. I could resurrect. The furious Athari ordered Armok, my creater, to kill me.
Luckily, Armok didn't.
Instead, he wanted the secret of resurrection. It would be something he could amuse himself with. For a while.
Because the gods are so utterly bored by existence, they become incredibly interested in the most idiotic things.
Not that ressurection is idiotic, mind you.
And so, Athari and Armok became rivals. Many gods joined Armok to join his conquest for the secret of resurrection and so the greatest war ever started.
Because the gods could amuse themselves. For a while.
And now, the followers of Athari (the Deui, the Nexius and the Nisthra) are trying to kill me, while the followers of Armok are trying to find me to gain my knowledge. And after that, they will probably kill me too.
Isn't that splendid?
Naturally, I attracted followers of myself, and now it's all a mess.
Worlds are being blasted to pieces, followers of Armok, myself and Athari and trying to kill eachother and I am located in the most backwards place in the universe.
And why was I in this most backwards place in the universe in the first place you ask?
Because I needed a diversion. It would have been easy. Find followers, create a massive empire of the undead, then move on while the others try to destroy it, thinking I am leading it. But I won't be. Who will? You will see...

[ April 05, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 12:55:00 pm »

Diary of Apug Agemin, 8th Hematite, 1051

---wWw---

It's all a mess, isn't it? The Nightbringer is back, we are with only a few left and the entire world is after us. The Nightbringer has told us not to worry though! He has a plan. We will have our revenge!
We have been travelling for 6 days now. We have stopped in a human village to recruit new members in the tavern.
Since it will take some weeks before the news of our escape spreads, we have time to gather new supplies. We will leave in 3 days!

---wWw---

Time for everyone to join in! We have 4 vacant spots, since The Nightbringer, Apug and Bolli are still alive.  :)
Applications should look like:

Name:
Professions:
Items brought ( max 200 points ):
Any pets:

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 01:53:00 pm »

Name : Istrian(M)/Istria(F)
Professions : Adept Swordsdwarf/Adept Armor User/Mason
Items : Sword & Armor would be nice, any leftover spent on food

Background : A former member of the deposed House of Rash, Istria seeks to bring once again glory to the lord of death. When the House existed, she was one of those whose duty was to make sure dwarven spirits did not get out of their coffins. She would often travel from fortress to fortress to deal with undead infestations. Since House Rash's demise she wants to prove that there is a necessity to bring the House back to power. She believes that an undead infestation would certainly prove her point. Here her plans coincide with the Nightbringer's, yet Istria will deal with her when House Rash is finally restored.

EDIT : Background adapted to the fact I'm a female person.

[ April 07, 2008: Message edited by: Istrian ]

Lord_Frodo

• Bay Watcher
  • The crazy in the corner
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2008, 02:12:00 pm »

Yay! we get to join in.

Name:Fang(M)
Professions:Competent Bone carver/ Competent butcher/ skilled wrestler
Items brought ( max 200 points ):20 of favorite drink/20 any meat
Any pets:2 dogs(I assume you'll be bringing along the skeletons)

Background:Fang used to be a simple butcher until some suspicions of murder drove him from town. he then went on to another town and became a craftsdwarf. this time it was suspicion of thievery that drove him away. He had made a tidy sum between his two professions and decided to drink his troubles away. its only coincidence that he is in the same inn that the Nightbringer is looking in.

Even the cutest things can be endearing when on fire. ~ Cajoes
GENERATION 26:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Donnigan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2008, 12:42:00 am »

Name :Donnigan (Prefer male, but can be female.)
Professions: Novice miner, Skilled Armorsmith/weaponsmith
Items brought:  A pick.  Use the rest however.
Any pets:  A cat the he escaped with.

Background:  Donnigan had always been slightly off kilter.  While none could deny the dwarfs skill in the smithy, they were always leery of the way that accidents happened near him.  Eventually it had been discovered that he was the one perpetrating the accidents after a fellow crafts dwarf found him tampering with his forge during the night.  He was sentenced to mining duty, thinking that the hard labor would calm his troubled mind, but it just made it worse.  He soon broke out, killing one of the guards with a stolen pick.  He came into the tavern the others were at to find a way out of the  area.

hat exactly am I doing here?

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu:
<STRONG>Now you see, you gave me the idea to sleep in a brook, and a hippo bit my head off.</STRONG>

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008, 06:44:00 am »

All openings are filled. Our founding 7 members are:

Desocucu the Nightbringer
Profession: Skilled Woodcutter/Skilled carpenter/Dabbling record keeper/Dabbling appraiser.
Items brought: One Halberd, 15 prickle berry seeds
Pets : 5 skeletons and one undead archangel

Background: Lord Desocucu is an ancient demigod who found the secret of life and death. This costed him dearly however, and now every god in existence is trying to find him.
Although his situation is grim, his great knowledge and strength might just be enough to survive the war that is coming to the Eternal Universe.
The Nightbringer has forgotten most of his experience with hard labour, but he still his handy with an axe and has some knowledge of administration.

Apug  
Professions: Proficient miner/proficient mason
Items brought: 1 pick, 15 units of beer, 10 units of meat.
Pets brought: 1 skeleton servant

Background: Apug used to be the third most important member in the Nightbringer's cult.
Now, with the demise of Kado, the second hand of the Nightbringer, she will let nobody stop her to become the Acolyte Headmaster.
Her hard labour in Takrupan made her realise her talent with stone.

Bolli
Professions: Proficient Brewer/Proficient Grower
Items brought: 15 prickle berries/15 units of beer

Background: Bolli was one of the first acolytes to join the Nightbringer, and he has been one of his most favourite acolytes since the beginning.
That he can brew the best beer from the best plants in the entire universe might be the reason for that.

Fang(M)
Professions:Competent Bone carver/ Competent butcher/ skilled wrestler
Items brought ( max 200 points ):20 of favorite drink/20 any meat
Any pets:2 dogs

Background:Fang used to be a simple butcher until some suspicions of murder drove him from town. he then went on to another town and became a craftsdwarf. this time it was suspicion of thievery that drove him away. He had made a tidy sum between his two professions and decided to drink his troubles away. its only coincidence that he is in the same inn that the Nightbringer is looking in.

Donnigan
Professions: Novice miner, Skilled Armorsmith/weaponsmith
Items brought: A pick. Use the rest however.
Any pets: A cat the he escaped with.

Background: Donnigan had always been slightly off kilter. While none could deny the dwarfs skill in the smithy, they were always leery of the way that accidents happened near him. Eventually it had been discovered that he was the one perpetrating the accidents after a fellow crafts dwarf found him tampering with his forge during the night. He was sentenced to mining duty, thinking that the hard labor would calm his troubled mind, but it just made it worse. He soon broke out, killing one of the guards with a stolen pick. He came into the tavern the others were at to find a way out of the area.

Name : Istrian/Istria
Professions : Adept Swordsdwarf/Adept Armor User/Mason
Items : Sword & Armor would be nice, any leftover spent on food

Background : A former member of the deposed House of Rash, Istrian seeks to bring once agin glory to the lord of death. When the House existed, he was one of those whose duty was to make sure dwarven spirits did not get out of their coffins. He would often travel from fortress to fortress to deal with undead infestations. Since House Rash's demise he wants to prove that there is a necessity to bring the House back to power. He believes that an undead infestation would certainly prove his point. Here his plans coincide with the Nightbringer's, yet Istrian will deal with him when House Rash is finally restored.

Name: Silu
Professions: Proficient Brewer/Grower
Items brought: 50 units of Prickle Berry seeds, a mug (if available at the start) and the rest of the points to booze.

Background: Silu is a weird fellow, even in human standards. He has always liked alcohol or any other liquid that gets you drunk. To be speaking the truth, his relationship with booze is insane. There are rumors that someone once accidentally drank from his pint of beer and Silu just snapped. The rumors tell that he continuously beated the poor lad to the head with the mug until the table was soaked with blood and brain-juices. Silu realised what he had done and had to flee the town, with the bloody mug still on his hand.

List of Items
-------------

1 Iron halberd
65 Prickle Berry Seeds
2 Copper picks
37 units of Prickle Berry wine
45 units of Donkey meat
15 units of Prickle Berries
15 units of Longland beer
2 Iron long sword
2 Suits of Carp leather armour
2 Carp leather helmets
2 Carp leather gloves
2 Carp leather high boots
2 Carp leather leggings
10 Rope Reed seeds
4 Donkey leather.

[ April 07, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7