Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Othono, A Tale of the Dead, story/(community) fortress.  (Read 25675 times)

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
Re: Othono, A Tale of the Dead, story/(community) fortress.
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2008, 06:02:00 am »

Diary of Desocucu, the Nightbringer, 17th of Slate, 1051.

Since we haven't kept record of our belongings since the 11th of Hematite, I have chosen to hold another count and register to formalise everything.
One of our sentries has seen a camp in the forest nearby. Although we do not know if this is Thimeth's army, I am sure of it. I can feel it.
Whatever he is waiting for, his doom is near. As soon as the next dawn, I will plunge the world into darkness. Literally.

( The pages continues with some complicated arcane drawings and calculations. )

The administration has finished their task. Here is the summary:

Wealth: 46421.
Exported Wealth: 2150.
Food Stores: 68 Meat, 84 Fish, 353 Plant, 153 Seeds, 108 Drinks, 24 Prepared.

Population: 35.
Undead Army: 124, 34 Trained.
Permanent Soldiers: 6.
Pets: 1 Dog, 1 Cat and a Camel called Todd*.

*: Bought at the request of the census official. There really is not a single sane person in Othono, is there?

Diary of Bren, 18th of Slate, 1051.

Gatrick just told me about the humam encampments. Since there is a lot of unusual activity there since a few hours ago, we can presume they are readying for the attack.
We must prepare for a more vicious siege. The humans will not underestimate us, and they will bring siege weapons and more proficient men.
Gatrick has not yet told me what this 'ritual' is. If even a wizard so experienced as him needs so much time to prepare it, I am pretty sure it will be world-devouring. It will be glorious! It must be.

At the request of Gatrick, we have built a jail. It is not large yet, but it will be suitable enough for our more important... visitors. Different small bedrooms and a medium-sized dining hall has been constructed.
The military quarters has been expanded with a leather works. We have tons of
leather from the previous deal with the demons, so we will be able put it to good use.
Even better is that we can start producing iron bars. We have found a magnetite deposit nearby, and we have already produced enough charcoal for atleast a year.
We still need an anvil though.

On another note, we found the dead body of an acolyte called Othdo Gustibu. It appears the ettin nearby is hungry. Ah well. No one will miss him.

Xaki, one of our acolytes, is acting more insane than usually lately. He has claimed a craftsman workshop and started creating something "of great artistic value" as he proclaims. Pfff.

This is an embarrasment for the art of engraving. On it, there is a magnificent necropolis surrounded by red antmen. The necropolis is being great. The antmen are laughing.

As night fell on Othono, Xaki came forward with one of the greatest pieces ever created: Esgospo Ransarismal, "Pointedcrowd the Mournful Blizzard".
It is a magnitite amulet, encircled with bands of... well, more magnetite.
On it is a picture of two birches in magnitite. The birches are playing chess with a camel...
I fear these swamps are bad for any mortal's mental health.

[ April 20, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2008, 10:41:00 am »

The night of the 18th of Slate, 1051.

The encampments around Othono bristled with activity. The steady march of hundreds of soldiers echoed through the swamps.
Thimeth was busy discussing with his captain and Kira in the command tent when a heavily armoured knight came in.
"Sir Grand Inquisitor?"
"Indeed. What is it, knight?"
"I am Duke Orion from Arake. I have been send here by the king himself."
He handed over a small letter.
Thimeth recognized the royal seal. An order?
Intrigued, he opened the letter.

"Sir Grand Inquisitor Bokgirus.
    The persistent existence of Othono and its inhabitants has troubled the  
    empire for too long.
    By royal decree and by blessing of the king himself, you have been given
    absolute command over Duke Orion and his men.
    Level Othono with these men. That is your only task.
    Cleanse it in the name of the king, his empire and its god.
    Do not be unworthy of the king's trust.

Magistrate Hogan Trefdin, Imperial Militarian Office.

"Good. Duke Orion, how many men have you brought with you?"
"Threehundred heavily armed and trained men are at your command."
"Very well."
Thimeth turned himself to his captain.
"Captain, gather the men. We end this now."
"As you order, mylord!"

Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2008, 11:04:00 am »

Some more background info before the end of the chapter: the Characters height!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a masterfully engraved height chart. It menaces with spikes of paint.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2008, 11:45:00 am »

The night of the 18th of Slate, 1051, continued.

It had never been colder at Othono before.
Thimeth, Kira and Duke Orion led the column of soldiers that was marching for Othono. Even through thick, isolating armour, Thimeth could feel the bone-splitting cold.
Duke Orion suddenly stopped.
Othono rose before them.
"So... this is Othono, is it?"
Thimeth could hear fear in his voice.
"Yes. A vile place, is it not?"
Kira replied "It is only a heap of stones. I do not fear stones. Do you?"
"I fear nothing. Nothing but dust."
The three of them laughed.
"You are right. Bring forth the ballistas! We will break down Othono, stone by stone!"
But as if it was a bad omen, rain started falling out of the sky. The raindrops felt like fists bashing into him, but he and his men stood firmly.
Even worse, light began to shine in Othono. A red light emitted from the tower, and the activity in Othono increased.
"They know we are here?" Orion asked.
"The lights from our encampment must have alarmed them days ago." I replied.
"We have never had the element of surprise."
By now, the ballista's Orion requested were rolling forward slowly.
"Bring those forward a few more metres! Bring up the ammo!"
The ballista crews hurried themselves, and within a few minutes, the shots were loaded.
Orion stepped forward.
"ON MY MARK!"
But then, the red light emitting from the tower stopped briefly.
The clouds above them started to gather and in a blink of an eye, lightning stroke.
"WHAT THE HELl? GET COVER!"
The lightning stroke every ballista simultaneously, reducing the siege weapons into smoldering heaps of wood and killing the crews surrounding them.
"HOW? WHAT? THE?"
Duke Orion cried out of unbelieve.
"Impossible! Unnatural!?..."
Suddenly, the gates of Othono opened.
"AN UNDEAD ETTIN? Oh, just great... just great!"

---OiO---

The defenders of Othono cheered loudly as the champions of Othono left the courtyard.
Lead by an enormous ettin, the macabre group stood still before the gate, taunting the humans.
The group consisted of Bren, Ramkal, Istria and undead soldiers, all armed to the tooth. All of them had shown prowess in battle. Most of them would die a certain death, but their deaths would be glorious!
They would die for their master's plan.
For the house of nights!
The cheering faded away.
With an unnaturally loud voice, Bren began to speak.
"I am Bren of Durian. I am here to tell you that you humans do not stand a chance! We will slaugther you until the last man. Your elven brothers ( he pointed to the undead around him ) did not understand my message, and they ended up as slaves for his great lord, the Nightbringer!"
The defenders of Othono cheered once again.
"I challenge Thimeth Bokgirus to a duel on life or death. Should he refuse, we will simply close our gate and destroy anything you throw at us with his lord's magic.  
Only by accepting, you may die a soldiers death. What say you?"
Thimeth stepped forward, and raised Faithlight.
Faithlight glowed brightly in the darkness of night, illuminating the battlefield.
"BREN OF DURIAN, I FIND YOU COURAGEOUS TO DARE GO INTO CERTAIN DEATH BY DUELLING ME. BUT LET ME TELL YOU THIS; I DECLINE YOUR PROPOSAL OF DUEL. WITH OR WITHOUT SIEGE WEAPONS, I WILL BREAK OTHONO STONE BY STONE."
Thimeth turned himself to his men
"OTHONO IS BUT A HEAP OF STONES. I DO NOT FEAR STONES! DO YOU? THEN CHARGE, AND PRAY TO THEIR GODS, FOR WE WILL NOT GO LIGHTLY ON THEM. CHARGE!"
The entire army cheered and cried out as one: "CHARGE!"

[ April 21, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

[ April 26, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

[ May 07, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2008, 07:27:00 pm »

Final Ponderings Of Odysuess?                           The Great Enemy Army Is Here. It  May Remove My Last Hope Of A Cure, But I Beleive It May Be Time To Fight For Good.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2008, 03:53:00 am »

Sorry for the lack updates, I promise there will be one. Really!

[ April 26, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2008, 12:18:00 pm »

---YtY---

Hmm.. Time for a change of plan.
Bren had thought the dwarf would have accepted the duel.
Have those zealous maniacs finally learned not to follow their protocols blindly?

That dwarf had guts. Charging walls without siege weapons.
"Let the ettin charge. Show those humans some respect."
One of the vampire champions spurred the ettin with his sword, causing it to roar.
In a blind frenzy, it began running to the human charge, trampling elven bodies that were left from the last siege.

"NOW, RETREAT!"
"No."
"Who said that?" Bren looked around, searching for this overcourageous fool.
"It is me, Bren. Gatrick."
"Blast Gatrick, what are you doing in my head?"
"Bren, do not retreat. Stay outside of the walls. I have already talked to Apug, she is sending some undead warriors outside the walls as we speak."
"Why? Do you want to suffer more casualties then necessary?"
"I need Thimeth. I need him here. Make it so that he can enter the tower."
"What?"
"Oh, and that elf too. I want to have some fun."
"Gatrick, are you mad? Do you want to risk to ruin everything we have planned?"
"Oh no. I know exactly what I am doing."
"Very well. I hope you are right."
"I am always right."
The undead champions had not moved yet, but instead, had been looking at him suspiciously. Was their leader gone insane, talking to himselves?
"MEN, STAY PUT. We will face them here, for the glory of Othono!"
The band of champions desperatly looked at eachother. Insane!
Bren looked at the charging crowd. They were getting awefully close, and those gates were not open yet.

---OIO---

Faithlight shone even more brightly then ever. It shone as a beacon for the entire charge, and with every step Thimeth took, he felt himself more determined, more certain of victory.
The handle of Faithlight felt extremely warm. Strangely though, it did not burn and blister him. Instead, it filled him with it, allowing him to run as fast, or even faster then humans.
As he looked back, he saw Kira. With agile and large leaps, she ran far infront of the humans.
He had to withstand the urge to yell at her to stay back, to not risk her life for this.
But he saw fire in her eyes. Fires of anger.
Before he could wonder what was going on in her, the gates of Othono started to open slowly. They were almost at the walls, but the undead in front of the gate did not seem to mind.
Instead, they braced themselves.
They were going to fight outside of the walls?

Thimeth stopped. With awe, he looked how the undead ettin neared him.
Slow, but steady, it charged towards him.
This was going to be quite the battle.
Thimeth muttured some prayers, lifted his halberd and readied himself.
The undead ettin's eyes glew with bloodlust. Its bleak, dry bones shimmered in Faithlight's light as he neared Thimeth.
Four steps. Three steps. Two steps. Thimeth leaped forward and attempted to strike the enormous monster in his throat.
The ettin backed, kicking Thimeth with its enormous foot.
Thimeth felt numb as the foot ( that was half the size of thimeth ) connected with the dwarf's body. He flew back for different metres, landing onto the hard, rugged sand.
Strangely enough though, he did not feel pain. Instead, he crawled back up, cried out another warcry, and charged the unholy creature.
With a mighty leap and swipe of his halberd, he crushed the incoming monster's left hand, which was trying to throw him away again.
It backed away from the blow, giving Thimeth the opportunity to strike again.
The halberd felt as it was one with Thimeth. It was as if he was in a battle trance.
Thimeth shattered the ettin's chest, causing fragments of bones to fly all over. The ettin roared out and fell back.
Quickly, Thimeth jumped ontop of it and planted his halberd inside the head of the ettin.
Victorious, he raised his halberd.
"FOR THE EMPIRE!"
But the battle just began. The gates of Othono were opened, and undead streamed out of them.
All around him, his men engaged the undead.
He looked around him, but he could not find Kira in the chaos of the battle.
He jumped off the ettin, and rushed towards one of the undead champions.
The undead champion raised his sword and braced himself.
The halberd swept towards the champions throat, but surprisingly, he ( or was there a she behind that helmet? ) managed to parry it.
The champion and Thimeth exchanged attacks, which both parried masterfully.
These undead were more skillfull then he thought.
Meanwhile, the battle around him was raging on.
Between in an attack and parry, he took a quick glance around him.
The undead had broke formation and were fighting in disorderly duel-like fashion. Different of the undead champions had carved a bloody path in the human charge, while the paladins of his side did the same with the undead.
It is quite a shame he could not see those undead bleed.
But then, the undead champion left an opening in his defence, and with a determined strike, he shattered him into a thousand pieces.
The horns of Othono blew, and the archers on the wall began to fire rains of arrows upon his men. Luckily, the thick plate armour deflected most of them.
He ran forward, trying to make his way to the gate, slaugthering undead before him.
Suddenly, a sea of fire flew towards him.
The fire blistered and burned him, glueing the metal armour to his skin.
This time, he did feel pain.
He stumbled forward while looking for the source.
A vampire!
A large vampire, wielding a two-handed sword, was casting seas of fire all around him. He saw glinstering little red gems in his hands.
Magic.
But before he had the chance to charge him, different horned soldiers jumped ontop of him. Demons. Where the hell did Othono get these?
He hitted one of the demons with his left fist right in its face, throwing it to the ground. He then clumsily pierced another one of them with his halberd.
But as he tried to regain possesion of it, more demons came from all sides.
Luckily, these demons did not carry weapons. Not that their fists were any more pleasant then weapons.

Thimeth, worn and exhausted, collapsed under the weight of the demons.
He felt as if he was burning, as if he was stuck in a tide of lava, blistering him.
He felt like he was exploding. An unnatural feeling filled his body. Shockwaves pulsed from Faithlight into his body, throwing off the bloodthirsty demons, forcing him back up.
Thimeth gasped for breath.
He look around in wonder. The demons were gone. What had happened?
Disorientated, he stumbled towards the gate.
He could not make up anything. His view was clouded and blurred. The only thing he could make up was the tower of Othono. Something drew him towards it.
But then, the vampire stepped in front of him.

[ May 01, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2008, 08:34:00 am »

"Ah, the famous Thimeth Bokgirus. I must say, I expected... more."
Thimeth stopped, leaning heavily on Faithlight.
"So, here we are then. Do you still believe in your divine gods, hmm?
That you truely could be a chosen champion? Ignorant fool."
Thimeth boiled with anger. He knew he could not even put up a fight against an ordinary soldier the way he was now, let alone fight this vampire.
But still, he could not let this bloodsucker insult him and what he believed in. Even if it meant death.
"You are really all flash, no substance, just like all of your kin, aren't you?"
"Ah, the little dwarf has guts. It really is a shame I am not allowed to kill you... but I am most certain the Nightbringer will show you Othono's hospitality. Goodbye."
"What? Goodbye?"
The vampire muttered a few words and pointed at Thimeth.
Thimeth charged. Magic or not, he would... wait? What was happening?
Thimeth felt like he tripped, but instead of falling into the hard, cold sand of Othono, he kept on floating in the air.
Then, he began to rose.
Blasted vampire. Slowly, he began to float towards the tower of Othono.
He tried to struggle against the spell, but the harder he struggled, the harder the vampire's magic chained him.
Was this how it would end?
Thimeth glanced back at the battlefield. He could not make up a lot, but it seemed like the battle still raged on, with no clear loser or winner apparent yet. Luckily, it did not seem they had noticed his disappearance.
Then, different things happened awefully simultaneous.
Firstly, the sky began to turn darker, and the lightning around Othono's tower began to increase. Even more, he could swear the temperature had increased by a few degrees.
Secondly, Thimeth saw the glinstering of torches at the outskirts of the swamps. Were these reinforcements? Was there hope for a victory after all?
But something in Thimeth doubted if they ever stood a chance. The Nightbringer had opened his own gates for them.
The Nightbringer was either stupidly bold, or just ridiciously confident of his victory.
And lastly, it seemed that gravity once again had a hold on him.
Luckily, the fall was not higher then a few metres. Unluckily, the area around the tower was paved.

Thimeth landed painfully. Luckily, he didn't seem to have broken anything. He crawled back up.
The tower rose before him as a threatening giant. He knew, whatever was going on, it was going on in there.
But then, the last sound he ever expected filled the air. The reinforcements had brought cannons.
Thimeth had only heared a cannon fire once. It was during the marriage of king Frederik I, the current king. He could still remember how the clocks of Oberon, the capital city, rang that day, playing their most beautiful songs.
But now, the cannons fired because of war, not because of celebration.
A cannonball barely missed the tower, hitting the wall behind it instead.
Large chunks of debris flew all over Othono.
This was it.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2008, 12:59:00 pm »

Even though the tower was only seven stories high, there seemed to be no end at the staircase. Slowly, Thimeth made his way up, constantly praying to god for whatever he might find up there.
After what seemed to be an eternity, he opened the staircase, only to be greeted by the stench of rotting flesh.
He did not had to look far for it's origin; in the middle of the round room, a dissected body was hanging from the roof.
The body was so badly damaged, he could barely make up if it was human or not.
Thimeth took a few steps forward, covering his nose in an attempt to stop the disgusting odor.
Suddenly, the door closed behind him.
The air around him began to swirl, the ground to shake as a mysterious figure appeared out of thin air.
"What is this trickery? Who... what are you?"
"Ah, Sir 'grand inquisitor'. What a delight to have you here. I hope you have been... enjoying your visit at Othono."
"Answer my question, fiend. And how do you know my name?"
"I know many things, and your name is but one of the most insignificant of them. You ask for my name, do you?
Few know it, and even fewer dare to speak it with courage.
You shall know me only as The Nightbringer."
"The Nightbringer?"
"Yes. You are not worthy to know my real name."
"Unworthy, fiend? How could a... thing... talk of worth when he kills and plunders without remorse, only looking to further his power?"
"I do not search power. As my name says, I only look to bring the night onto the universe. Maybe I should explain for your feeble mind to explain.
Night, or better said, the void, has always been a part of the universe. But the balance between the void and existence, or as I refer to call it, 'day', has been broken. Day has reigned far too long over the universe.
As little children must go to bed at bedtime, so must the nothing return to the universe."
"You talk as a madman."
"A madman? I am simply an old, worn man. Tired of the useless abomination called 'life'."
"You are tired of life, and decided you wished to destroy as many lives as you could in your suicidal rampage?"
"You do not understand. I do not end the mundane 'life' as you know it.
I try to end EVERYTHING. To return everything to... nothing.
To recreate the void.
I simply complete the circle of life and death on a much larger scale. The very circle those so called 'gods' broke with their unethic quarreling.
But your mind could not understand this. Your zeal blinds you. Your mortality chains you. It is time I start the greater plan."
"Not if I say so!"
Thimeth raised his halberd, but before he could even set a step towards the Nightbringer, he felt how a spell launched him back.
The spell threw him against the wall, but with such power that it collapsed.
Suddenly, there was no floor beneath him anymore. Only the courtyard of Othono.
Thimeth closed his eyes, praying for the last time.

But when Thimeth opened his eyes again, he was nowhere near Othono.
It would not surprise him if he was even anywhere his world.
Thimeth stood in a hall, made completely of the most white and perfect material he had ever seen. Flanking each wall stood columns that rose into the unendless. And in front of him, a door rose, so large, it's height matched the largest mountain in his world.
He looked around. Something in him hoped the eerie silence suddenly to be broken by footsteps, the sound of metal clattering, or atleast the sound of the wind. Anything. But everything stayed silent.
Thimeth shuffled around anxiously. The hall stretched out behind him into infinity. It looked like the only thing he could do was somewhat try to open the door.
Thimeth approached the door.

[ May 06, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2008, 02:01:00 pm »

"...I fear nothing.  Nothing but dust..."

Place that quote and I'll read every word you've written in this thread (I admit to not having done so already), and then sign up.  I'll try to keep up a character and put a little flavor into his thoughts.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2008, 03:20:00 pm »

Alright. I do advice you to stay away from the tombs of Othono though. They are VERY dusty. Very dusty indeed.

[ May 06, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2008, 07:43:00 am »

DELETED OUT OF SHEER STUPIDITY

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2008, 10:07:00 am »

No, I meant name where it came from.  I wasn't trying to impose anything on you or the story, I was trying to set up an arbitrary restriction so that I would at least have a chance of getting away with only two stories to write for.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2008, 10:11:00 am »

OOC: OH... Well, I recognize it from somewhere. Can't place it yet.
Blame this misunderstanding on my bad English. I am from Barcelona      :p.

His footsteps resounded across the hall as he stepped towards the gigantic door.
"How am I supposed to open this? Sesamy, open?"
Thimeth kicked against the door.
The door shook a few seconds, and then returned to silence. Then, a series of clicks and cracks betrayed the fact that there were mechanisms in this door. And hearing from the rusty sound, they had to be ancient.
Then, the eerie silence returned.
"Ok, that did not seem to help at all."
Thimeth looked across the vast surface of the door.
Strange engravings were on it, undecipherable letters and figures.
He scratched the back of his head.
There had to be some way to get through this door. Then, the most absurd idea crossed his mind.
However simple it was, he couldn't do wrong by atleast trying it. He knocked.
The sound of his knock was underwhelming. He barely heard it himself.
But then, the door began to move.
"I NEEDED TO KNOCK?"
The absurdity. Perhaps this was just a twisted form of the afterlife.
The door continued to move. Thimeth noticed it did not have a hinge. Instead, it just stood as if it was a wall itself.
The door began to move away, revealing nothing more then blackness.
"Great. A void. Just what I needed."
Then, in a blink of an eye, the door flipped horizontally, tossing the entire world around him into disarray.
Thimeth felt nauseous.
Apparently, the door had become the floor. Now, what used to be the floor and roof had become the walls, and the other side of what used to be the hall had become a massive open roof. Or something like that.
In the corner of his eye, Thimeth saw something moving. He drew his halberd.
"There is no need to draw Faithlight, warrior. You are safe here."
"Safe? Where am I?"
A small sprite appeared before him.
"You have been teleported to another world. A world quite different from yours, as you have noticed."
For some reason, this did not really encourage him to drop his weapon.
"Why? And who are you?"
"You, Thimeth Bokgirus, have been chosen to fit part in a god's plan."
"God's plan? What would god want of me? Why me? How do you know my name?"
"To be honest, Thimeth, you are nothing more then a random bystander who can become... so much more. In fact, it was a matter of luck that you were picked."
"A matter of luck?"
"Yes. You do not believe that gods would go through the hassle of hand-picking champions, do you?"
"Well..."
"You mortals overestimate your importance to the gods."
"No, my god cares about me. He helps and protects our race, and..."
"And your zeal is overwhelming, really. Maybe you were hand-picked. Such faith bodes well for your assignment."
"Assignment?"
"Listen well, mortal. My god offers you a proposal you cannot neglect.
My god is interested in the necromancer you are fighting."
"What is so important about him?"
"He has some particular plans that could... benefit my god.
The entire pantheon of gods is after him. But they struggle against eachother, and if this necromancer goes unchecked he will be the doom of every god and every world. But my god had great understanding about his powers. Even more, he knows exactly how he can survive the necromancer's plan..."
"And become the only god in the universe?"
"Exactly."
"And what does he requires me to do? Why should I accept?"
"You will be contacted once the time is near. For now, you must survive. It was a matter of fast divine intervention that saved you.
Know that if you do not accept, my god will find it unfitting to return you to your world. And it would be a shame when your world gets torned apart by the necromancer."
"But if I do not accept, your god will not be able to survive."
"On the contrary, we have enough champions that have accepted to do the same mission as that of yours in other worlds. If but a single one of them is victorious in his mission, there is no need for you."
"You leave me no choice. Very well."
"A wise decision. Now, ask me for my name as a fitting goodbye?"
"What?"
"Ask me my name. Ask me 'Who... what are you?'"
"Uhmmm.... Who... what are you?"
Suddenly, the air around him began to swirl. He could make up but a faint whisper before he was sucked into some sort of vortex. "Asheron".
"Ah, Sir 'grand inquisitor'. What a delight to have you here. I hope you have been... enjoying your visit at Othono."
"What? Wait. I've been here."
The bastard.
The sprite had launched him back in time. Asking for his name was the first thing he remembered saying to the Nightbringer.
The nightbringer looked at him confused.
"Been here?"
Well, he had outsynchronized time already, so there was no need to play along any longer.
"Indeed lord... Asheron?"
It was only a wild guess, and by the look on his face, he could see it was a wrong one.
"What? How do you know of that name?"
He backed away.
"You... are not Asheron?"
A grimace appeared on the Nightbringers face.
"No, I am not!"
The Nightbringer turned himself to the balcony.
"Whoever you are, you are to late. NIGHT ASCENDS!"
With a bright flash, the Nightbringer dissapeared. Suddenly, he heared screens outside.
Thimeth ran up to the balcony. What he saw there was unbelievable.
An enormous meteor came blazing from the horizon. In matter of fact, the meteor was almost the size of the entire horizon.
The temperature rose drastically, and the few trees left around Othono combusted.
"HOLY CRAP!"
The meteor plunged into the Roasted Blueness.
The entire ocean was thrown out of its boundaries, and was transformed into an enormous wave that was heading to all directions. But what was first blue water had changed into a black colour.
The battle around Othono stopped. The reinforcements, who were apparently winning, started to rout, and the undead retreated into the tombs of Othono.
The water would consume miles of land. Every coastal city would be destroyed. The rivers would flood. How many thousands of people would not die.
Discouraged, completely exhausted and paralyzed with fear, Thimeth dropped to the ground.
This was the end.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7