Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Othono, A Tale of the Dead, story/(community) fortress.  (Read 25672 times)

Lord_Frodo

• Bay Watcher
  • The crazy in the corner
    • View Profile
Re: Othono, A Tale of the Dead, story/(community) fortress.
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2008, 09:06:00 pm »

Fangs Diary

Do they really think I don't know that it was my dogs bones I used. HAH. the fools believe me to be a mere craftsdwarf? I will kill them all someday and claim thier powers for my own. but for now I will continue my humble servant facade.For now.

((OOC: was it the male or female dog that was killed?))

Even the cutest things can be endearing when on fire. ~ Cajoes
GENERATION 26:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Silu

• Bay Watcher
  • The Perfectionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2008, 11:44:00 pm »

Journal of Silu Hobedri, 11th of Hematite

Damn them, damn them all! Made me look out for the bonesacks for a month, huh? In the dark? And that's not even the tip of the iceberg, they sold all the precious mugs to some filthy demons! They clearly do not fathom the overwhelming power of a flawlessly made mug o' stone that you can use to crush other peoples skulls... And then make more mugs out of those. Mugs...

*Lots of obscure writing here with drips of drool all over it.*

I also must keep my eye on that Desukuku guy. I know he is stealing extra booze from the shelves right when my back is turned! If I had any shelves that is...

[ April 10, 2008: Message edited by: Silu ]

I'm the lunatic of God's creation.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2008, 11:01:00 am »

16th of Hematite, 1051.

Elves. Bloody elves.
Furiously, Thimeth stepped around in his room, looking through the window every few steps.
Thimeth and his troops had left the village four days ago. They had marched a full day and night, untill they arrived at that cursed hill.
They had setted up camp at the top of the hill, but they did not expect elves to interfere with them. As the last tent was deployed, an elf came out of nowhere and demanded they left this unholy place.
After a fierce discussion, Thimeth personally chased the elf back into the nearby forest.
But apparently, the elves hadn't learned their lessons yet. One of his men had just told him an elf diplomat was demanding to see him. He grinned at the thought of what he would do to him to "persuade" him to leave.
Suddenly the door opened.
"Mylord, the elf is here."
"Good, let him in."
"Mylord, I'm afraid..."
But before the guard could finish his sentence, the elf stepped in.
"Well, look at that. The elves have gone nutters, have they? Not only do they have the guts to come back, they have send a WOMEN... Do they think I will hesitate in chasing you back into the forests you came from because you're a women? Well then,..."
But then he saw her face. Dear god. What a face. It was so beautiful.  
"I will pretend you never said "the chasing elves back into the forests" part, shall I? Unless you want a full-scale war between our two peoples?"
"Excuse me madam, I must have mistaken you for someone else. I sincerily apologize myself"
The elf diplomat nearly bursted out in laughter as she saw the dwarf clumsily bow.
"Ah really? With who? I haven't see any other elf "women" around here yet."
"Let just say... I suspected someone else."
"A man?"
"Indeed. But I am sure you will do whatever you diplomats do as well as any man."
"Well then. I'll make it short. You retreat your forces, and let us deal with the necromancer."
"You elves know about the necromancer?"
"Our druids felt it long before he even arrived. This necromancer can only be dealt with extreme care. His plans are devious and he is prepared for  everything. You humans know to little about him to fight him."
"How are you going to defeat him on your own? With sticks and stones?
Do you really believe you can take him on your own?"
"We are elves! We are the most ancient and.."
".. and most arrogant races of all! Have you forgotten how many of your people died because they refused help? How they believed they could defeat the goblins?"
Silence filled the room.
"Perhaps you are right. Perhaps you are not..."
"If you wish to fight the Necromancer, then let us help you!"
"A dwarf who wishes to help the elves?"
"A dwarf who wishes this evil dead."
"I might have to change my opinion over you dwarf. Very well. Let us discuss?"
"Bokgirus. Thimeth Bokgirus."
"Kira. Kira Treeshade."

---OIO---

Desocucu looked pleased from his throne. His acolytes and Bren's vampires were all gathered in his throne room.
"Fellow acolytes! We have hided for too long. Our numbers are small, but we will fight viciously! The human king has sat on his throne for too long!
Tonight, we will burn the nearby village. We will harvest their bodies, drink their blood, and kill for Othono! For the House of Nights!"
The crowd before him cheered.
"Tomorrow, the undead empire of Othono begins its first step to ascension!
They will fear the house of nights!"
The entire crowd started chanting as if they were in a trance.
"Fear the House of Nights! Fear the House of Nights! Fear the House of Nights!"
Desocucu smiled. If this wasn't going to attract some attention, nothing would.

---OiO---

Diary of Apug, 16th of Malachite, 1051.

Tonight, we will make the humans pay for what they did to us.
Lord Desocucu has given us equipment and assigned us skeleton warbands.
He will lead the attack, and we will follow him into the thick of the fray, while the vampires surround the village to ensure NOBODY gets out alive.
I do wonder why our lord has changed his plans so drastically. No matter, we will do as he asks. His knowledge will lead us.
Fear the House of Nights!

[ April 10, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2008, 11:11:00 am »

Background Information on: Vampires.
------------------------------------

Vampires are not your usual archtype blood sucking monsters from any other fantasy world. In the world of Othono, regular vampires are only slightly stronger then the average humanoid they used to be. They are a lot faster, and their weapons tend to be magically enchanced, but they are still mortal.
Many of them are still very young, and their knowledge of magic is still very limited. Once a vampire has achieved an age of 100 years, he can typically shapeshift and cast basic destructive spells. It takes several centuries for a vampire to truely become powerful.

Bren's vampires are still apprentices, and are only slightly stronger then for example, a minotaur. Bren himself however, is a very ancient vampire, being Gatrick's very first friend, which means he is a couple of millenias old.
He might be very strong, but know that vampires are still vulnerable to blows of magically enchanced weapons.

OOC: Fang: It was the male dog.

Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2008, 11:37:00 am »

The Night of the 16th of Malachite, 1051.

Amused, Desocucu looked at the sea of fire before him. Kazosidu was being ripped apart. Screams and the sound of falling debris filled the air as his skeletons poured into the village, slaughtering anyone.
The militia stood no chance, as many of them were catched unarmed, barely awake.
Bren, standing next to him, laughed.
"Good. This will draw some attention."
"I hope you were right about this, Bren. I still feel uncomfortable about attacking so early."
"We have no choice. The people must know our presence. Fear us.
Many will join you once they hear you have returned. Many will rise up against the king."
"I hope you are right about this."
"Gatrick, I used to be a human. I know very well how we think and act. When power is involved, we are worse then any other race."
After a few moments of silence, a figure came running through them. It was hard to see who it was because of all the smoke, but he recognized Apug's figure.
"Apug, what is our situation?"
"We have slain everyone, and we are pillaging the buildings. Naturally, we tortured those who surrendered, which brought up some troubling news."
"Troubling?"
"A dwarf by the name of Thimeth Bokgirus has just passed here. The king has commissioned him many powerful warriors, and many more are coming."
"I suspected something like that would happen. Do not worry about this dwarf."
"The worse part is that he wields the Archangel's halberd."
"But that's impossible! Ramkal still wields it."
"I know mylord. I fear the gods themselves have brought this halberd to Thimeth."
"Divine intervention? Do they mock me? I will show this dwarf what happens with the god's champion. Return to Othono immediately. We have work to do!"
"As you wish, mylord."

Diary of Desocucu, The Nightbringer, 18th of Malachite, 1051.

I fear this attack might have been an error. Luckily, Bren was right about something. Fear is spreading throughout the empire, and many are thinking twice about where there loyalty lays.
I must deal a stunning blow to the human empire. And for this, I need a tower which rises far above the land. I must be able to see the sea again.
My acolytes still wonder why we settled here instead of the coasts of the Roasted Blueness. I will quickly prove we are, actually.
But we must be quick. The humans are searching for us, and entire armies are gathering in front of us.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2008, 12:47:00 pm »

Diary of Apug, the 10th of Obsidian, 1051.

I worry more and more about our lord. He has not shown himself for weeks, and the newest acolytes have been causing trouble. Especially Donnigan. I do not trust him at all.
Bren, the head vampire, has taken command of most of the fortress. Under him, we have began building a large tower. We do not know it's use, but it must be important, since the vampires have been building it for day and night. It is 7 stories high now, and I fear it will give away our position.
Luckily, we are preparing for war. We have started creating a military quarters, and we have been having sparring sessions to improve our skill, while one of the vampires has been training our skeletons.
He seems to be doing a good job, since his skeleton patrols have killed different antman that were skulking around the foot of our great tower from a nearby cave.

P.S: I haven't seen Bolli for different weeks either. The situation is confusing me...

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2008, 10:30:00 am »

Diary of Thimeth Bokgirus, 15th of Obsidian, 1051.

The necromancer has gone too far.
I have been able to persuade Kira to try to convince her elders to let us help. We redrawed to Kazosidu to show the elves our good will. But there is no Kazosidu left.
The entire village has been burned to the ground. There are no bodies to be found, but I shiver when I think about the destination of them. He wouldn't allow the mayor, his friend, to join the scores of mindless undead!
He would not allow any more desecration!

I have sended out scouts to every direction. We WILL find the necromancer, and defeat him. With or without the elves.

It's actually unbelievable how the necromancer managed to destroy his tracks.
Nothing of the forests that used to surround the village remains: the once lush grasslands and forests have been consumed by flames and transformed into dead ashlands.

The necromancer will pay for this, but the only thing he could do now was wait until one of the scouts returned.
Luckily, this gives me some time to continue training with my halberd. I have decided to call it "Faithlight". I have become quite adept at it's use, but I must continue training. For the mayor.

Diary of Bolli, 15th of Granite, 1051.

---OiO---

Harpies raided our above ground construction site, killing one of our skeletons before they got overwhelmed by our archangel.
One of Fang's skeleton pets seems to be left in a bad shape: it is missing different fingers and its right leg is mangled.

We have started on building a wall around our above ground workshops to prevent future raids.

18th of Granite, 1051.

Apug organized a grand party in our grand dining hall.
It ended up with everyone getting drunk but ecstatic.
At the end, I saw her sneak away with Donnigan. I'm pretty sure there's something between those two.

26th of Granite, 1051.

Fang's pet I wrote about earlier just died, or whatever undead do when they stop moving.
He doesn't seems to be bothered about it too much. Instead, he engraved one of his mugs with the skeleton bones. Ah well. We have enough skeletons anyway.
I think we have 51 of them now.
A warband of skeletons, but a warband is not enough to forge Othono's empire! We must have more undead!

30th of Granite, 1051.

Newcomers!
Apparently, word about our attack on Kazosidu has spread quite quickly, and those who want to serve the Nightbringer are already coming to this area, hoping to find us. Are ranks are now bolstered to 35.
Although these new servants of the Nightbringers will serve us well, I fear that the human empire will find us quickly. Our time grows short.
But when they find and attack us, they will meet our waves of undead and our determination. Death to the king! Victory to the Nightbringer!

[ April 11, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

[ April 12, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2008, 10:18:00 am »

Diary of Desocucu, the Nightbringer, 6th of Slate, 1051.

Our time has run out. One of our newcomers saw a human scout, but failed to catch him. It will be a matter of days before they come here. I hope for our sakes that we are prepared.
The tower and walls on the surface are completed, and our skeleton army is trained and well equipped.
I have been preparing my next step for weeks now, and I only need a few days more of preparation.
If we succeed, the year 1051 will be remembered as the day the mortal empires fell and Othono ascended! I will make fire rain from the heavens, to destroy the mortals. Once this world is converted into an entire ashland, I will have enough forces to face Athari's servants!

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2008, 06:56:00 am »

8th of Slate, 1051.

Thimeth Bokgirus glared unbelieving at the map.

"Finally, we've found the bastard."
His scouts had found the necromancer faster then expected. The idiot had started building towers. A seven story building is a bit of a give-away, isn't it?
"Very good, scout. You will be rewarded properly for this. Dismissed!"
This was very good news indeed. He'd better go to the command tent and inform his soldiers of this.
As he approached the command tent, he noticed the guards posted at the entrance argueing. He sped up his pace.
"What happened here?"
"Some elf gal just passed here. I told her she couldn't enter, but Ted here letted here in!"
"Sir, I can explain! That bloody elf had me under her spell, and I..."
"Nevermind, guards. She's allowed in here. I trust you won't have to have another arguement to let me in?"
"Ofcourse not, sir. Enter."
The guards stepped aside.
He entered the command tent.
The command tent was crammed full with maps, weapons and bits and things you needed once in an entire lifetime.
"Kira!"
"Ah Thimeth. You're here. I'm afraid I have some bad news."
"Bad news?"
"Our elders have decided to decline your offer. They say working with you will doom us."
"Doom us?"
"I'm sorry, Thimeth."
"The fools. If they do not wish to accept help, so be it. Atleast we won't have to wait for them now. Me and my men are leaving.
We've found the necromancer."
"Thimeth, leave this to my people. Return home."
"You can't change my mind, Kira. We are leaving now. Come with us, or go back to 'your people'."
"Come with you?"  
"Do you really believe in what the elders say?"
"Do I have a choice?"
"Yes you have! Do what you think is right."
She walked puzzled through the tent.
"Very well Thimeth. I will come with you, but only to be sure you do not make any mistakes."
"Mistakes are human, and I'm a dwarf! The only mistake we ever made was making wine out of plump helmets."
Kira giggled.
"Very well then, 'Sir Grand Inquisitor'. Let us finish this."

[ April 13, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2008, 10:57:00 am »

10th of Slate, 1051.

Bren was walking through the corridors of Othono. They had grown fastly in size. His vampires had done magnificent work down here, while the acolytes had builded the above ground walls and tower.

:)
You can choose to be either a new acolyte or a vampire.

[ April 14, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Donnigan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2008, 11:10:00 pm »

Donn's Log 10th of Slate

Well isn't this just friggin' Great?  While I was in a meetin' with Apug, the Elves walk right up to our door step.  These ain't even the freaks we was supposed to be fightin'!  They's just something else those buggers cooked up.  Well...I guess I gotta go and do whatevah the hell it is I do when these things happen...But first, I'm gettin me a last kiss from my girl...Dun care ifn it ain't proper.  I ain't gonna chance death without gettin' one.

hat exactly am I doing here?

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu:
<STRONG>Now you see, you gave me the idea to sleep in a brook, and a hippo bit my head off.</STRONG>

Silu

• Bay Watcher
  • The Perfectionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2008, 08:53:00 am »

Journal of Silu Hobedri, 10th of Slate

Bad luck seems to be following me around. Today when I was peacefully (if you can say that with all these bonesacks and bloodsuckers around, they give me the creeps) farming some crops for my brewing operations; Elves, those pointy-eared bastards, arrived near our fort! I was about to flee into my quarters when that guy who seemed to be the leader of the bloodsuckers, Bren, emerged from the stairway that I was heading for and ordered us all to arms! What a fool! Like I would endanger my life to protect him and his foul kin! Only thing I would danger my life for in this damned place is the booze and that is safely underground!

PS: After some thinking, I might sacrifice myself to protect a superiorly crafted mug. Maybe... Maybe if it had pearls on it.

[ April 15, 2008: Message edited by: Silu ]

I'm the lunatic of God's creation.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2008, 10:52:00 am »

---DoD---

Desocucu woke up from his slumber. Days of preparing the ritual in this tower had exhausted him. He walked up to one of the windows ( being nothing more than a hole made into the wall with a pick ) to find out what was happening.
Since he was on the seventh story, he could see for atleast a mile away.
The swamps looked like small lakes, dwarved by the seemingly unending grasslands that stretched out in the horizon.
Then, the sound that woke him up began again. Horns!
He tried to find whatever he was looking for in this massive landscape, but it was only a few minutes later that he noticed movement nearby.
Soldiers! But no soldiers cladded in steel and iron, but in wood and cloth. Elves...
He looked down to Othono's walls. He wondered how those foolish elves were going to breach them.

---DKD---

Bren gave back the magnifier to the sentry and ran back to the staircase.
"Apug! I give you command over the acolytes. Bring them into their positions at the gate as planned."
"Ok. Have you seen Lord Nightbringer?"
"I believe he is still in his tower. Don't worry about the Nightbringer . I'm sure he will be able to take care of himself."
Apug nodded and ran off to the gate.
Bren was on his way to the northern wall when the horns sounded again.
He knew the third time the horns sounded, the elves would start the charge.
He hastened his pace.
His vampires all stood ready for combat on the northern wall. They had limited equipment, but his apprentices would know how to use them.
He jumped up the wall ( with the help of an old nifty spell of his ) and adressed the first vampire he saw.
"Hey you! What's your name?"
"Yuri, mylord."
"Yuri, do you know about the fire gems we brought with us? Well, I need you to get some of them and bring them to me IF those elves breach the wall. Understood?"
Yuri saluted. "As you command!"
"Good. Now, we wait."
Several minutes passed and tension in the ranks grew. The elves slowly advanced, but as they got closer, their numbers seemed to grow. Until they were only a 100 metres away from them.
The elves seemed to have gathered a proportional force. He estimated there were atleast 500 of them. 500 suitable bodies. Bren grinned.
And as he expected, they prepared themselves to charge the gate and the northern wall, the walls who not had a moat yet.
The horns blew for a third time.
Suddenly, the acolytes of Othono began to chant.

They stand before our mighty walls!
They stand before the darkest men!
They stand before evil's den!
They stand before their master's calls!
They stand before Othono!

Nightmare from the depths of earth!
They shall fear the day they crossed our swords,
but they shall fear most our wrath at night!
Once they look us in the eye, they will fear their day of birth!
For once you enter Othono, you have seen your last light!
They shall fear the night!
They shall fear the house of nights!

Othono!
Othono!
They shiver before its fearful name!
But still they dare to cross our path!
And soon they will add a notch to its unholy fame!
As we feed their slaughtered bodies to the rat!
Othono!
Othono!
Othono!
We shall fell their great empires of hope!
In name of Othono!
Othono!

Unusual.
Apparently, these acolytes were more resourcefull then he thought. He could see the fear and hesitation of the elves. He could see victory!
A large elf stepped forward.
"Blast. What's this? Another hero?
"Your pathetic songs will not help you when I, Azura Treeshade, will be crushing your pathetic bonesacks and cutting off blood-sucker heads!
The other elves cheered.
"I will end your spree here and now, necromancer, in a honest way! CHARGE!"
The mass of elves started running up to Othono's walls. This was it.
"READY!" shouted Bren. "DO NOT BREAK RANKS! KEEP IN FORMATION! THE ELVES MIGHT OUTNUMBER US, BUT THIS WILL ONLY CAUSE MORE BODIES FOR THEM TO FALL OVER!
FIRE ON MY MARK!"
The archers and crossbowmen raised their weapons.
"FIRE!"

[ April 15, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

[ May 12, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2008, 01:13:00 pm »

I hate vampires. And necromancers. And Elves. . .
Can they all die?
I guess I'd like to join.
I'll take a vampire.
Name: Odysuess.
Profesion: Spearvampire
Odysuess was once a adventurer and udead slayer and friend of Istria. However, his exursions were not as sucsessful. Becoming one of his hated enemies drove Ody into seclusion for several years. His features have changed beyond reconition. When he heard met Bren, he decided to join him in the hope of learning more about his condition, hopfully a cure. He stays in the shados and does not let anyone learn his true goals. He sympathizes with the elves and, if he sees a chance, might betray everyone. . .

I'd be happy if he lives or dies heroicly on either side.
I'll be rooting for the non-evil guys though.

Even the avatars expire eventually.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2008, 07:14:00 am »

OOC: Strife26, you are added.
Here's your profile:

---Yty---

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7