Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Weird Dwarves. (Community Fortress)  (Read 6297 times)

Abyss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Dwarves. (Community Fortress)
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2008, 11:44:00 am »

11th Limestone, 1051, Early Autumn.

They've arrived! A caravan from the mountainhomes! I was worried that they wouldn't come, mostly because we weren't on good terms with the mountainhomes when we left. But they've still arrived.

With wagons! I was also worried that, were the caravans come, the wagons would bypass our site because of the sheer number of trees here. We've had no shortage of wood, and have barely impacted the forest so far. But they showed up almost on our doorstep, our space cleared of trees, and as I write this are unpacking their goods.

Stukos saw the caravan and smiled, then came up to me and asked how many crafts, how many trade goods we had. I had by now catalogued everything we had, and told him the news.

All we had was a bundle of mechanisms I had manufactured at the behest of, ah, one of the dwarves, and that Warhammer we had been given instead of an axe.

Stukos slapped me on my back, told me to call him "Jester" for whatever reason, then told me to start moving those mechanisms and warhammer to the trade depot, along with our cooked food.

Largok came up to me, having been told by Stuk, ah, Jester to help me move the goods. He seemed hurt when I handed him a *Bauxite Mechanism*, but I told him that I would make more, better mechanisms. I don't think he listened to me, though.

13th Limestone, 1051, Early Autumn.

I think I have the knack for appraising. I have had no training in it whatsoever, but upon entering the depot at Jester's behest, I immediately know what most things cost. Excellent!

I'm not sure what Jester wants us to trade for, though, and he's gone to meet with the liaison, leaving me to do all of the trading on my own. *gulp*.

Splime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2008, 12:01:00 pm »

Good story, but it would be nice to have some pictures of our palisade.

Abyss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2008, 12:06:00 pm »

The actual palisade hasn't been begun yet. That's a project I'm planning on doing once winter rolls around and some of my dwarves (who all have carpentry enabled so they can help put up walls, but the carpenter's workshop is set up so that only Athen can use it) aren't doing as much. as they are now. I'll have plenty of wood for then, too.

Abyss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 03:40:00 pm »

5rd Sandstone, 1051, Mid-Autumn.

The traders are preparing to leave. Jester has told me that the mountainhomes have recently warred with the goblins, leaving them a shortage of swords, crossbows, and armor. If we ever strike coal, I'm to tell him immediately.

Other than that, not much else is interesting. We're just preparing for winter, at which time Jester is planning on building the walls which shall encase our few buildings, along with several drawbridges. Finally I get to use my architectural expertise! The last thing I designed was the trade depot, and that wasn't a big challenge for me, no fun at all.

While the traders were still here, we got to watch that Giant Cave Spider eviscerate another pack of mountain goats. Fortunately, it seems to be on a section of cliff which is unaccessible by our dwarves without mining, but who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of spiders...

Perhaps during the winter I shall practice my artistic skills and sketch out our home.

Foul_Jester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2008, 10:45:00 pm »

This fortress still active?
 seek the dying, the sick and deformed; all who would taint the species
stabbing and choking and burning and drowning exterminate subhuman feces

Sandono

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2008, 07:54:00 pm »

I just got around to reading this.

Hilarious.

Hope its still active.

Also "I am become Sandono, destroyer of Marmots!" Is going in my sig.

t this rate, Baron Lorn is going to replace the entire population with his own children since the other dwarves either very rarely pop one out, or have no idea what that thing between their legs are used for besides going to the bathroom and making them f
Pages: 1 [2]