Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: The Tundra Clan: Succession (New rulers in need!)  (Read 19432 times)

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: The Tundra Clan: Succession (New rulers in need!)
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2008, 11:46:00 pm »

I just hope Jonestown responds, or anything. Ill give him until tommorow, and we cut off ANOTHER person from the list.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2008, 12:22:00 am »

Since it appears that many players seem to be dropping out, sign me up for spot #9?

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2008, 05:39:00 pm »

Jonestown is out then. Messaged next on the list.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2008, 05:50:00 pm »

It's 22:50 right now, so I'll get on it tomorrow, OK?
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2008, 06:21:00 pm »

Alright. I hope we dont have another 4 deserters by the end of your turn, though

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2008, 01:56:00 am »

It's not desering if you can't get the damn save to load, is it? -.-
Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2008, 03:58:00 pm »

Downloading now.

Expect first post in a while. It'll take a few minutes to download and some time to play, and I'm currently on a mac although I might be able to acquire access to the PC soon.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2008, 04:49:00 pm »

---Log of Cog 'Kolsvartur' Dustrazors
--1st Granite, 1056
-I, a humble dyer, have been entrusted with securing the wellbeing of the fortress this year. I've been looking over it from a different viewpoint now, and I find it highly satisfactory. The presence of two levers in the dining room has always mystified me tough. Oh well, they can't be that important if they're where anybody could pull them!

--2nd Granite, 1056
-This leader business isn't so bad! I figure I'll have a nice little room dug out for me as compensation, of course, not too big. And maybe I'll have an iron mace made, too, because I like maces. And of course, we really need to make this place look better. I like the idea of those bronze statues. And perhaps I'll have a small plot for the dimple cups made, too... Oh! And a wall...

OOC: that's all I can squeeze in today, I'll be back home much sooner tomorrow. And do tell me anything you might think useful or important.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 29, 2008, 10:39:00 am »

Alright, I'm back. Quick update, then I have to do some stuff, then I'll have all evening to play the fortress.

--5th Granite, 1056
-It seems some people simply cannot handle the sun, no matter how tough they are!

--8th Granite, 1056
-It seems the other leaders have done quite well in making tombs for themselves. I shall be no exception! I've got an idea that will beat any of theirs! Hah!

--11th Granite, 1056
-Domas Dangermachines has become the champion of the fortress guard. How nice.

--13th Granite, 1056
-The elves have arrived. Like clockwork, they arrive every spring. Without fail. It's like clockwork. The sort of clockwork that is constantly ticking with an annoying tick-tock-tick-tock that drives you absolutely crazy! And you can't rip out and smash the damn thing because then it's friends get angry and shoot you with their annoying big bows! Those annoying bows that will shoot straight through your head and kill you instantly! AND THEY DEMAND WE LIMIT OUR TREECUTTING WHEN THERE'S NOT A TREE IN SIGHT! THEY'RE CRAZY BUGGERS AND I HATE THEM I HATE THEM I HATE THEM!!!! RAAAGGGHH!

Well, anyway, it won't be me going to trade. Maybe we'll get something good from them. Like booze. Or some precious wood, some precious hypocritical wood. Pah. Oh well, not my problem!

OOC: I'll get back to the fortress in, what, an hour and a half max, probably.

EDIT: I'm back and made the post a little more dwarfy. A weapon they're too small to wield shouldn't be called little.

[ February 29, 2008: Message edited by: Boksi ]

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 29, 2008, 05:36:00 pm »

Our current leader sounds like a psychopath. Sounds like he'll coook up some fun.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2008, 04:12:00 pm »

I've only managed to get through spring. Oh well. Dinnertime!

--16th Granite, 1056
-The elves are at our trade depot. Well, it's not me who'll have to deal with them!

And in better news, I found a vein of Galena while going over our maps! Joy!

--19th Granite, 1056
-Dumat has finished trading. He got a whole load of useful wood products such as barrels, as well as booze. He also bought all their dye at my behest.

I'm starting to enjoy this somewhat. It's too bad that I shall have to stop eventually, but such are the rules. Never let it be said I am not a fair ruler!

--25th Granite, 1056
-Bwee! Idea!

--6th Slate, 1056
-Why is Old Mirrorpicks called Mirrorpicks when his last name is actually Mirrordrinks? I MUST KNOW! In fact, I'm going to go to him right now and- ohh, pretty Obsidian Door...

--16th Slate, 1056
-Things progress apace on both of my ideas. Eeexcellent..

--18th Slate, 1056
-Because we could not produce the gold items she mandated in time, our mayor has ordered Asen Tathurasen beaten. The real "criminals" here are the miners, since they haven't found any gold nuggets, but foremost of them is Old Mirrorpicks and for some reason I doubt Dumat wants to order him beaten. Hee.

--21st Slate, 1056
-How is it cave spider remains produce such horrifying miasma despite their tiny size? You can almost see the disgusting smell! Eugh!

--23rd Slate, 1056
-So. It would appear Kekaththedak is now a Barony. With this comes the damn Tax Collector, the brutal Hammerer and the Baroness and her consort.

Oh dear. I suppose I shall have to instruct our miners to dig out some rooms and our masons and carpenters to make furnishings.

An interesting fact is that on the Hammerer's hammer, which must've been especially made to celebrate his going to here, there is an image of a dog leather thong. Paintedgleeful the Smooth Clash-Spine if I'm to be any judge.

Other migrants have also arrived. Two fisherdwarves, because the abundance of water around here. Hmm, now that I think about it, I doubt the baroness would be happy without some protection from a royal guard. Of course, this is in no way related to the fisherdwarves I just mentioned, they're just too valuable. They also have a companion who's a fish dissector. And a jack-of-all trades fishery worker too! And of course I can't forget the lye and potash makers! We always need more of those! Other are more useful. A weaponsmith and a metalsmith, for example, and a leatherworker who'll be able to use all that leather we have. We also have three peasants. A glassmaker, who would be useful if we had any sand. And a miner, whose usefulness is obvious.

Well, I always thought there was a bit of a deficiency in the number of marksdwarves around here.

Plus, I will be known as the leader who brouught us to the status of a 105 dwarf town! Go me! Bweee! I certainly deserve my tomb and rooms...

--25th Slate, 1056
-Oh great. Now Dumat wants green galss items. I suppose we have the magma to power a glass furnace, but where are we supposed to get any sand? Last time I heard we only had some silty clay loam in the sparse soil layer.

--27th Slate, 1056
-Sibrek Toldplanks has given birth to a baby girl today. She named her Reg Girdertrussed.

--7th Felsite, 1056
-My tomb is complete! Bweehaha har dee harhar! It's beutiful! It's amazing! I'ts MIIINEE!

Of course, it's nothing too extravagant. Just entirely constructed out of beutiful beutiful pretty pretty pretty galena... I also had two silver statues and two sterling silver statues installed in it, as well as the centerpiece sterling silver sarcophagus. Not as pretty as galena, but still. It's similar enough. Shiny, too!

--10th Felsite, 1056
-Alas, I am annoyed every signle day by the asymmetry of ofthe central chasm-bridge. We need two additional bronze statues and lack the bronze to make them! We need four more bars, which means we need two more, only two, and yet we don't have them! ARGH!

--12th Felsite, 1056
-I can understand the hammerer wanting them. The baroness and her consort probably want them for show. But WHY BY THE STONES OF IRONBRONZE DOES THE TAX COLLECTOR WANT A WEAPON RACK AND AN ARMOR RACK?

In other news, I am planning on building somewhat larger rooms for the commoners. They will all contain a cabinet and a coffer, courtesy of our masons.

--18th Felsite, 1056
-Tosid Kibnamásh, one of our Hammerlords, has given birth to a baby girl. She named her Zon Watchguilds.

--24th Felsite, 1056
-Nish Dumatgutid, child of Edem Eshonber and Rigoth Zonuthmik, has suddenly started acting strangely. For example, she has suddenly started speaking in a bassy rumble you'd associate only with an adult male dwarf. She's also acting like an adult instead of a child. It's like she's been possessed! She's also acting like one of our dwarves have when struck by inspiration. Possibly she'll create another leather thong; I wouldn't put it pas her.

--25th Felsite, 1056
-Skeletal muskoxen attack!

I've dispatched the Granite Lakes and the Geared Lenses of Paint, and sent the Permanent Odorous Theaters as an afterthought.

Also, the child Nish has claimed one of our craftdawrf's workshops.

--26th Felsite, 1056
-The skeletal muskoxen were handily defeated. Unfortunately, it's a well known fact that dwarves always carry their babies with them, and so we must admit that Edem's baby Stodir Sibrekod is dead, tron into by the skeletal menace.

The only other casualties were a pet dog and of course all the wile skeletons.

Also, the baroness demands that we better equip our soldiers. She has mandated the construction of a steel item.

--1st Hematite, 1056
-Things proceed, I suppose. It is summer now, and summer should bring human caravans if my memory serves.

--3rd Hematite, 1056
-The noble rooms are now fully furnished and complete. Now they'll finally stop pestering me!

OOC: In case you're wondering,

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2008, 07:50:00 pm »

--4th Hematite, 1056
-Currently, Nish has in her workshop three kinds of logs, some dog leather, some red beryls, a cave lobster shell and two kinds of bones. I have been informed she is currently hauling some goblin bones to her workshop.

--6th Hematite, 1056
-Nish has acquired all she believes she needs. As well as the aforementioned logs, bones, shells, leather and gems, she has some rose gold bars.

I do hope it will be something worth all this.

--9th Hematite, 1056
-I am afraid Asën will not make it. He refuses water, instead demanding water. Which we don't have except for snow. And the snow is just too dirty, for some reason. Possibly for the same, or similar, reason as the skeletal muskoxen appear around here.

--10th Hematite, 1056
-Nish has finished her construction! It's Vumsharkomut Ungégbĺl, Gloomypoems the Failed Growth...
How... Cheerful... And inspiring... Wow...

It's a rather odd name, because it's an excellent pine flute of 64800 monies worth.

My theory is that she was possessed by the spirit of a woodcrafter whose rage and sorrow held him in this world. Quite possibly he was one of our own dwarves. Now that he/she has finished his/her life- and death -long dream, he/she can finally rest in peace. Odder things happen.

Anyway, Nish barely remembers anything from the insanity, saying it was sort of like being asleep, only not.

--15th Hematite, 1056
-A human diplomat has been sighted approaching our fortress from above. I can only assume the caravn is incoming as well.

Later: I was correct. The caravan has arrived, loaded down with goods. In fact, I think I'm going to have a few bins of goods sent to the depot in addition to all the stuff already there, just to be sure.

--17th Hematite, 1056
-The human merchant caravn has arrived. They have an astonishing selection of goods avaible.

Furthermore, Dumat was reelected mayor, so she has to deal with the humans.

The humans sure take a long time to get all those goods out of their wagons, though!

--20th Hematite, 1056
-The humans finally finished unloading their goods. But it's excusable because they had a lot of them. We bought all the metal bars they brought, all the wood they brought, all the iron items they brought, all the barrels they brought, all the booze they brought, all the armor they brought, all the weapons they brought, all the leather they brought, all the dye they brought and all the food they brought.

The sheer amount of goods traded was glorious...

--22nd Hematite, 1056
-Despite being married, the Baroness and her consort demand seerate bedrooms. Sounds like a political marriage if I ever heard of one.

Also, I ordered the chasm bridge expanded somewhat recently. Now we need even more bronze if we want it too look good with bronze statues! Augh!

--23rd Hematite, 1056
-Today, Asën Tathurasën died from thirst. It really is too bad that we have no water!

On a funnier note, the Baroness sure was spooked by the human diplomat looming over her bed while she slept. I must admit, I'd find it creepy too.

--25th Hematite, 1056
-The human diplomat's meeting with the baroness accomplished nothing at all, which is what I expected.

--1st Malachite, 1056
-It's so strange. A day will always just crawl by, but days plural zip past at the speed of light and then some!¨Don't you agree, diary?

----------------

OOC: Well, it's 00:50 here so I doubt I'll be getting in any more DF today until after doing some stuff I volunteered to do at the local church, so I'll be back at around 12 to 14.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2008, 11:21:00 am »

--2nd Malachite, 1056
-What with our main adversaries being goblins and skeletal muskoxen, we have

quite enough piercing weapons. I've decided to have some blunt weapons made

instead. Two iron maces, to be precise, and some minimal copper armor as well,

until we can find a vein of either limonite, hematite or magnetite.

--18th Malachite, 1056
-The humans are leaving. I believe both sides are happy with what they've traded, so that's good.

--22nd Malachite, 1056
-Apparently, one of our new recruits, Reg Kuletstukos, was badly injured in a sparring accident and I wasn't informed until he died. Just shows how important it is to have proper armor. Exactly why I told the forges to start making it.

--28th Malachite, 1056
-After the expansion of the chasm bridge, I decided that even if we didn't have enough bronze for the statues, we could still make it look a bit better. I ordered our dwarves to improve upon the expertly-placed splash of red realgar in it's middle, which I found to be a very nice touch. It looks promising.

--1st Galena, 1056
-I like Galena!

--12th Galena, 1056
-The chasm bridge is finished for now, I should think.

Also, I completely failed to write down that I was building another wall on top of what we have, for marksdwarves who'll be able to shoot through the fortifications there. It's finished now, and encrusted with green vomit.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2008, 09:22:00 am »

Im no one to complain, but could you speed up just a tad?

Blacken

• Bay Watcher
  • Orange Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2008, 12:58:00 pm »

I'll take year 9.
"There's vermin fish, which fisherdwarves catch, and animal fish, which catch fisherdwarves." - Flame11235
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6