Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: The Tundra Clan: Succession (New rulers in need!)  (Read 19169 times)

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
The Tundra Clan: Succession (New rulers in need!)
« on: February 17, 2008, 03:42:00 pm »

1050. A group calling itself the Tundra Clan establish a Fortress in the cold North. Their tome is written by the leader, with a new one chosen each year, for the good of the clan in order to keep a single Dwarf from holding free reign over the people, be it Good and Kind, or Evil and Iron-Fisted.

This is the starting position:

I will be playing for a year, and uploading a save to the DF file depot.

In line to play:
1. Me (Finished)
2. Moocow (Finished)
3. Gaulgath (Finished)
4. Penguinofhonor (Finished)
5. Dame de la Licorne (Finished)
6. Boksi (Finished)
7. Hangatyr (Finished)
8. Salmeuk (Playing)
9. Blacken
10. Me, again. (Hey, why shouldn't I get the ten year anniversary?)
Just say if you're going to play, and I'll add you to the queue. Also, by now in the queue, you're going to be waiting a long time.

Second year save

Third year save

Fourth year save

Fifth year save

Sixth year save

Seventh year save

Eighth year save

Note: NO COMPANION, REVEAL, MAGMA SQUARE, HEAL, OR ANY OTHER UTILITY/CHEAT/HACK. PERIOD.

[ March 14, 2008: Message edited by: Torak ]

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Moocow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Tundra Clan: Succession (New rulers in need!)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 04:45:00 pm »

I would like to go. Never done a succession game before though. How long do we have to finish the year?
Death solves all problems - no dwarf, no problem.
- Joseph Stalin

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 04:52:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Moocow:
<STRONG>I would like to go. Never done a succession game before though. How long do we have to finish the year?</STRONG>

Long as it takes before I lose my patience.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 05:25:00 pm »

I'll join up.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 05:55:00 pm »

Count me in.
Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 06:01:00 pm »

Me too.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 06:16:00 pm »

I'll give it a try.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 06:28:00 pm »

IM about halfway done with my turn, and also writing at the same time. Ill be done in about three hours, or less.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 08:47:00 pm »

Journal of Nil, Founder of the Tundra Clan: Year 1.

2nd Granite, 1051: We made it to the Holy grounds, the Young bloods are gettin' riled up and askin' to setup the base. I told them to carve the ramps away from our starting position, to make it more defensible against the Undead if the need comes.

5th Granite: The walls be lookin' smooth now, and I led Onul over to the spot where we are going to be carving our main hall from. I began digging and she followed suit. I plan for the entrance to look somethin' like this.

10th Granite: Erush Decided that Bones be not in enough quantity to be crafted, so she took up stonecrafting. Good idea, I say, because the Obsidian around here   is worth alot to the Humans and Tree Huggers.

14th Granite: The entrance is carved, so I decided we should be diggin' far down, deep into the earth. We can make a small access tunnel to the farmable soils once we setup a main hall and sleeping area.

17th Granite: Floorplan for our Mead hall and food production has been setup, now all that needs planning is our crafting, sleeping, and smithing areas.

18th granite: I just realized that we all be women here, except the Bowyer. Poor fellow, the ladies will be clamoring over 'im in no time.

15th Slate: By the Hammer! I damn near fell into the biggest sinkhole I'd ever seen in my entire life! The Mead hall can still be dug out, along with food storage, but now we need a new area to setup food processing. The ratmen are staring at me. The bowyer took it upon himself to start trainin' the dogs into war dogs. I told Erush to make him a sword from stone, using some precious wood. Doesnt matter, we need protection.

1st Hematite: The chasm is nearly cleared, thanks to Iton. There's just a few straggler Troglodytes that arent worth the trouble, since one managed to hurt him pretty badly anyway. I decided to kill the rest of them, since I had free time. Farming is setup, with the dinin' hall underway. Now we need to clear out the to-be food stockpiles of stone. Time to get that stonecrafter workin' somewhere else.

23rd Hematite: We're running low on booze and food. Traders should be here in a season er so. I hope.

14th Malachite: A woman arrived today. I assume she's insane, because she told me her profession is woodcutter, and that she was looking for work. I assigned her to refuse haulin'.

28th Malachite: Dumat tells me she is extremely strong. I asked her how, and she told me that all the conversin' between her and the other idlers made her strong. Im worried about her mental condition.

10th Galena: Erush made a masterpiece Idol. She's bragging about it, and Im tempted to chuck it into our chasm.

12th Galena: Plump Helmet seeds ran out. I decided to order the plantin' of Pig tails.

19th Galena: Iton is callin' himself an Animal caretaker now. Whatever he says, I guess. Me, Urush, and Litast are the only ones doing any work now. Guess I should tell Onul to search around for magma, or to make a crypt.

1st Limestone: Autumn has come. No word from Humans, elves, goblins, nor Kobolds. I fear we may be forgotten. No matter, the Clan will live on without any outside influence, then!

6th Limestone: I've decided to dig out a rendition of what our Fortress symbol will be. It will be filled in with the correct stones and walls, including gems, in time, but for now, It's perfect. (FYI, it's an Axe and a Pickaxe)

12th Limestone: Thank the Gods! A dwarven caravan has arrived! I have ordered everyone to haul all the crafts to the depot.

13th Limestone: My god! Wood, armor, meat! It's like they knew exactly what we needed!

21st Limestone: As if some omen, a huge pack of skeletal elk decided to come as soon as the traders entered the fort. 1 Caravan guard was injured, and luckily none of my Clan-Mates were in the fight. This time.

15th Sandstone: The traders packed up and left. A shame, I know I could've gotten alot more, but they were in a hurry, I guess. We gained alot of meat, some spiked balls (especially good for killing the undead, I cant wait to get them setup), and other assorted foodstuffs. All in all, Im looking forward to this winter.

24th Sandstone: I've begun designing an outside wall and trap system, where I will be able to let traders go safely by, and also funnel hostiles into a trapped pathway.

7th Timber: Skeletal Muskoxen.. They are eying my wall.. I fear that they will charge, but they stay at a.. disturbingly close distance from us..

11th Timber: Some migrant have arrived. But the Oxen's blockade on us is still. I hope they make is safely.

12th Timber: Hah! I never wouldve thought! The migrant were running from the Oxen herd, when with some sudden bravery, they all charged them, it was a short fight, but the Oxen were obliterated! Not even a single wound, either! I've made a few of the less useful immigrants into recruits, in commemoration of their battle prowess.

27th Timber: I've finished the outside wall, and the Insane Woodcutter is making mechanisms to hook up to the bridges.

18th Moonstone: I've decided the north of the chasm will be offices and Higher-Up's bedrooms. The east will be Tombs. The south is undetermined so far.

8th Opal: The Chasm's looking nice and square now. The Circle made me feel unsafe for some reason. The crypt is also coming along nicely, and my Burial place will be at the top. It looks more like a mausoleum, but either way.

10th Opal: The bridge connections are up and running now, if I pull a level, the merchant's path will be opened, and force hostiles through another way. Which is trapped.

1st Granite, 1052: My rule is over, as we all had agreed it would be. I am passing my book to another in line. I will continue to work and counsel for the next leader.

Uploading save right now.

Last entry by Nil Onulor, Ol' Mirrorpicks.

Map will not be uploaded currently due to the map compressor not working correctly.

[ February 17, 2008: Message edited by: Torak ]

Moocow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 09:32:00 pm »

Alright, I'm ready when you are.

Downloading ATM. Will be playing shortly. Next save may or may not come today.

[ February 17, 2008: Message edited by: Moocow ]

Death solves all problems - no dwarf, no problem.
- Joseph Stalin

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 09:33:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Moocow:
<STRONG>Alright, I'm ready when you are.</STRONG>

Save uploaded, and put into first post.

Tyrving

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Poster/Dabbling Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 02:25:00 am »

Ah, what the heck. I need to try one of these eventually, so sign me up for lucky number 7. Hopefully I won't wreck things up too badly.  :D

Jonestown

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 02:28:00 am »

Jeg vil be der Ottermannen!!!

Pardon my poor Norwegian "13th Warrior" Tribute...Translation" I will be the 8th man". Just got the ltest version and have always wanted to do a succesion game.

[ February 18, 2008: Message edited by: Jonestown ]

Tyrving

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Poster/Dabbling Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2008, 05:40:00 am »

Well, I tried to upload the map to the archive, but it looks like the latest version of the compressor's being fucksy. Ah well.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2008, 08:01:00 am »

I suppose I'll take the ninth spot. That means I won't have any problems with Elks(unless everyone else screws up).

1059, whee!

[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6