Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: The Tundra Clan: Succession (New rulers in need!)  (Read 19153 times)

Hangatyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Tundra Clan: Succession (New rulers in need!)
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2008, 05:17:00 pm »

Sign me up as well.

Maybe I'll have a few things to play with when it finally becomes my turn.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2008, 06:58:00 pm »

I'd like some update on Moocow's turn.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Jonestown

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2008, 07:13:00 pm »

If there is going to be 20 people in this game, then count me out.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2008, 07:20:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Jonestown:
<STRONG>If there is going to be 20 people in this game, then count me out.</STRONG>

You know how a succession game works, right?

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Moocow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2008, 08:36:00 pm »

I'm in Mid-autumn ATM. Sorry for the delay. Didn't get to finish yesterday.
Death solves all problems - no dwarf, no problem.
- Joseph Stalin

Moocow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2008, 10:06:00 pm »

Alright. Done.

--------------Well, I arrived at the fortress. Stone is everywhere; messy place. I like the design, being centered around the

chasm, it isnt very healthy though, since the chasm acts like a miasma chimney. Half the fort is a tomb. The

layout is crazy, I'll be surprised if I get anything done.

2nd granite: Started digging out metalsmithing area. Thank god for legendary miners.

8th granite: Hey! Ive struck Microlone! Today is my lucky day!  

15 granite: found some tetrehedtride in the magma pipe, mining in before it gets flooded. also elven caravanz

20 granite: uh oh, a party

7 slate: Phew, its over.

10 slate: Some migrants. Some peasants, a mechanic, a grower, an animal disector, a craftsdwarf (glass, stome,

leather) engraver, armorsmith, weaponsmith (just in time) seige operator. Pop is now 37, and FPS is 5 FPS lower.

22 slate: About to fill the magma tube. Almost lost Ol' in there. Idiot stood ontop of stairs as he channeled them

away.

6 felsite: and the first magma smelter is placed

16 Felsite: Mafol the woodcutter was hit by a fey mood. He takes a mechanic workshop. He takes a rock and some

precious logs and starts making something. You guessed it. Obsidian mechanisms. We could use a good mechanic.

24 Felsite: Magma is taking its sweat time through the pipe

Summer hits

13 hematite: We get ambushed by a single kobold, he dies in less than a second by a wrestler and some war dogs
z
17 hematite: Humans arrive, or at least their guild rep.

23 hematite: Magma still hasnt made it

28th Hematite: Finished a useless bridge across the chasm

4 malachite: THE MAGMA HAS MADE IT, PRAISE THE MINERS.

Stupid hunter is getting scared away by his prey

Bought a bunch of wood from the carvan, also but a lot of meat, some cages, and a bit of beer

Made the hunter stop hunting and turned him into a much needed carpenter.

24 malachite: Magma isnt deep enough to start smelting yet

Nothing happens. Its autumn now.

27 sandstone: Expanded the foor storage place to accomadate 2 stills

+++ Damn, lost a chunk from here somehow.

5th Limestone: smelters STILL arent ready.

Same day: I order a few bins made

11 limestone: siege operator withdrew from society, took a craftsdwarf workshop. Took a buncha shells and some

cloth and started making something

17 limestone: dwarf caravan arrived, but left because I accidentally trapped the human caravan in with a door.

18 limestone: seige op made a turtle shell right gauntles and became a bone carver.

Caravan got ambushed, 1 dwarf died, but the gobs were killed by a marksdwarve they had. Better them than us.

Hmm, caravan actually came, without the wagons ofcourse

25 lime: Finally smelters work

God damn skeletal elk are annoying me.

A peasant and an elite wrestler were lost to the elk

Some are hurt, but there is no water, so they will probably die. Unless he can heal a yellow upper leg in time.

16 sandstone: There is no more elk chaos. Phew.

Ah, migrants, lets see what we have
2 gem cutters, a bunch of peasants, an animal disecot, a pimp operator, a gem setter, and a seige engineer

20 timber: Mining a new meeting room, since meeting halls from the dining room only promote parties. Also making

some copper weapons and sheilds.

21 timber: Started some exploratory shafts to look for copper. My tombs at the bottom of the chasm is also

completed.

22 timber: Elite wrestler died of thirst because of the lack of water.

1 Moonstone: Its winter. Also struck some aluminun, oh, and copper too.

4 Moonstone: I swear I just saw a goat take a peice of copper and haul it away.

8 Moonstone: Our armorsmith made a masterpiece sheild. That will come in handy.

9 Moonstone: Made another squad and fitten them with armour and sheilds. Someday they will get a spear.

15 Moonstone: Added some coffins to the bottom level of Ol's ginormous tomb.

27 Moonstone: Started branching a few bedrooms out of the entranct to Ol's tomb.

7 Opal: I became a furnace operator... Yey?

14 Opal: Fishery Worker became possesed. Hopefuly he becomes an armoursmith or something. Nevermind. Too a

craftshop

15 Opal: Took 5 chunks of rock and some wax opals and started making something useless.

22 Opal: Worked and made an obisidion Idol.

24 Opal: A recruit gave birth to a girl.

I made myself the sherrif. Going to make me a semi-nice room near the center of the fortress. Please engrave this

area eventually.

12 Obisidian: I just realized that I am a she. Oh well.

And so I retire as leader. I didnt get too much done, but at least the soldiers will have some armour to die in.

The fortress layout really threw me off at first, but now that I am more used to it. Will be fun to see how this

fortress does.
---------------
http://www.mediafire.com/?dgifto3cdqg

Linky.

[ February 18, 2008: Message edited by: Moocow ]

[ February 18, 2008: Message edited by: Moocow ]

Death solves all problems - no dwarf, no problem.
- Joseph Stalin

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2008, 10:43:00 pm »

Alright, downloading.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2008, 10:51:00 pm »

Im putting in the file depot as well for archive purposes.

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2008, 10:56:00 pm »

1st Granite, 1053

Every year our clan chooses a new dwarf to lead them. It was decided even before the first strikes against the mountain. It is widely believed that this is so no one dwarf becomes to powerful in the decision-making for our new mountain home.

And thus, I, Gaul Freecraft, swordsdwarf, have been chosen now. May I be blessed by the gods above in my dealings with these rocky halls.

11th Granite

The Elves have arrived. I order that our rock crafts be brought to the depot. We'll see if they bring us anything useful. I have my doubts.

14th Granite

An ambush! A squad of goblin macemen stand at our gates!

Me and Kadol, an elite wrestler, decide to go out and be the first to meet the cowards! They will not stand a chance!

Dumat Morulfoker, Hamlet Manager

23rd Granite

Gaul lies dead, as well as several other dwarves. I take it upon myself to rule the fort until the beginning of next year. I have decided to arm our entire military with short swords, lest the green bastards strike again!

15th Slate

Migrants arrive to help us out. They will probably end up being more of burden. The sheriff has now named himself captain of guard and has formed the fortress guard. And Ol' Mirropicks is now mayor and now desires a bed room, office, a dining room. I'll have to get right on that.

In other news, all those who died have been buried in the fortress symbol. Gaul lies in a copper sarcophagus in the tip of the axe, as I am sure he would have wanted.

27th Felsite

Today the last stone was placed in what I shall christen The Gaul Memorial Bridge, which spans the chasm in the middle of our fortress. It looks positively marvelous, in my opinion.

[ February 19, 2008: Message edited by: Gaulgath ]

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2008, 05:41:00 pm »

Looking good so far Gaulgath. Has anyone been able to get the map compressor working for them?

Tyrving

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Poster/Dabbling Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2008, 08:52:00 pm »

I agree, it's quite the handsome fortress. Using the symbol as a graveyard was a cool idea, too. Can't wait for my turn.  :D

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2008, 09:39:00 pm »

11th Hematite, Early Summer

Today, two skeletal elk charged into the fortress, and two of our sword-armed soldiers charged into the entry halls, destroying both easily. Yet it still worries me that they could make such an attack. Next time they may come in larger numbers, and we may not fare as well.

14th Hematite

A human merchant baroness arrived with the usual trade caravan. Ol' Mirrorpicks will meet with her shortly. I have told her some things that our fortress needs after overlooking the stocks. I'm not sure she was exactly paying attention, but hopefully she won't request anything positively useless.

17th Hematite

Today we held the election. I do not quite understand why, but today I was elected mayor over Ol' Mirrorpicks!

Even more good news: the humans brought over a dozen of precious logs. They are extremely cheap, considering our situation. They also brought exotic meats, cheeses and drinks which I will have to enjoy later.

All this for our obsidian crafts. I am most pleased with the trading.

20th Hematite

Another ambush! Once again, it is a squad of macegoblins. They seem to be led by an axegoblin too. I do not wish to risk more of our warriors in a foolish and pointless engagement.

21st Hematite

They charged down our halls before the bridge could be raised to block them. The human mercenary guards killed them swiftly, but not before they could take the life of Ast Alathkesh, an animal trainer.

26th Hematite

The greenskins ambush us again! This time they bring bows, deadly to even the most skilled of our soldiers. I order the drawbridge closed, not wanting to risk any close encounters.

...It seems a single one of their bow-goblins has made it safely past our drawbridge. He chased a craftsdwarf down the halls, but missed every shot. He now lingers just outside the main entrance.

6th Malachite

I conducted the meeting with the merchant baroness today. I requested some drinks, wood, and iron bars.

16th Malachite

The humans left today. They slaughtered the goblins with only one wound to a mace man. I am most grateful.

9th Galena

I ordered our military to attack some skeletal elk that had wondered near our fort. One of our soldiers foolishly charged ahead of the rest of the group and was trampled to death. Still, I can not help but feel guilty.

20th Limestone, Early Autumn

The Dwarven caravan arrived in our depot toady. We traded our crafts for much of their items.

7th Timber

Imush Tulonavuz, pump operator, has begun acting peculiarly secretive recently.  We will be keeping an eye on her.

...Well, she took two lumps of obsidian and began working on something in a craftsdwarf workshop. Curious.

11th Timber

Imush finished what she was working on. It's an obsisdian bracelet. An expensive trinket, I suppose, but of little use to us. Regardless, she seems to be a rather excellent stone carver now. One might even say... legendary.

15th Moonstone, Early Winter

Today, the last non-military dwarf received a bed. Fortress guards also get beds to avoid cluttering up the barracks.

22nd Moonstone

We lost many good dwarves this day. We were faced with a goblin ambush right in our halls. First it was a squad of spears, who were discovered by a mechanic just in front of the depot. Our military responded quickly, and a marksdwarf shot down many of them as they charged down the halls and attacked our swordsdwarves.

Then that same marksdwarf was ambushed by a squad of axegoblins in the entry halls. He perished quickly. They killed three more dwarves. Two recruits and a miner who was drafted to help fight back the enemy.

Our swordsdwarves ended up routing the enemy, yet I wish they could have done it sooner.

23rd Moonstone

Another goblin ambush! Is their no end to my misery? It is outside this time, but with bowgoblins. I must order the drawbridge to close.
////////////

I have to go. Will finish later tonight.

[ February 20, 2008: Message edited by: Gaulgath ]

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2008, 07:39:00 pm »

Hmm, I should stop edditing and bump the topic with updates instead... well, the continuation of my log is up in my last post.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2008, 07:52:00 pm »

I have this feeling that I'm going to need to use my specialty soon.

Morale boosting, {All Right!}

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2008, 12:50:00 pm »

27th Moonstone

We lost more good dwarves this day. Ingish, our best soldier, bravely charged against the bowgoblins. Even as the arrows found their marks in his flesh he did not relent, and killed one of the bastards before he fell to the ground. The others were either blocked by the drawbridge and retreated or fell to a step into our weapon traps. Yet still, our once proud military has dwindled to two swordsdwarves and the fortress guards.

Mark my words, their deaths shall be avenged.  

23rd Opal, Midwinter

I have ordered my office engraved. It was simply not good enough for a mayor of any kind. Nish, our legendary engraver, created some magnificent pieces there. I am most impressed.

25th Obsidian

A gem cutter seems to have withdrawn from society. I think I know what's wrong with him...

He's claimed a jewelers workshop, just as I suspected he would.

27th Obsidian

He's working with some rough wax opals we had lying around in a bin. I wished him luck, but got no reply. Honestly, he rather frightened me.

1st Granite, Early Spring

My job as fortress Overseer is now over. I wish my successor the best of luck.

And keep an eye on that Logem fellow.

//////

And that's it. Whoever is next, download HERE.

DFMA Map: HERE.

[ February 21, 2008: Message edited by: Gaulgath ]

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6