Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: The Woodsman  (Read 13518 times)

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Woodsman
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2008, 02:53:00 am »

This is DF = dwarves die.  Write up his accident with the cold and then move on.  It was a great story, and sequels are never as good as the original.  Do you want to end up with the DF equivalent of Speed 2?
In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2008, 03:03:00 am »

Not a sequel, just shoving lint under the carpet.  Get another dwarf, rename him and the dogs, use DC to give him the skills the previous one had, and carry on like nothing happened.  Nobody would have to be the wiser, were it not for the fact that I just rambled on about his death and such.

I have no idea how I'd write up spontaneous and explosive freezing.

But, I suppose I really should just let this go...  Things weren't moving along in a quick fashion, and it was a major pain in the arse to get him to bury Pax (which I never actually managed to do.  I was going to go for another tactic when things went kablooey).  

I suppose I was being vain in hoping that this guy could turn into another Ironblood...  Except here, he'd be the only one around to fend off goblin raids.  I even had the ending planned out...

But he wouldn't have lived for long in any case...  Soon as he hit legendary in anything (and master marksdwafship looked like where he was going), he'd just quit working and sit around until he went crazy after eating bugs and drinking water.  

So, I guess it's for the best...  It's just hard to let him go.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2008, 12:43:00 pm »

Do you have the save file were he froze to death still (you mentioned reclaim so I assume so)?

if so, could you not use the companion to bring him back to life?
The data of dead dwarves are saved whit the site I am fairy certain, so just reclaim, resurrect him, kill of the reclaimers,, and continue.
And back it up this time.

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]