Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Story] Obin Hipfist: Revenge.  (Read 1528 times)

Norrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[Story] Obin Hipfist: Revenge.
« on: April 05, 2008, 10:12:00 pm »

This is my first time ever writing a story based on a game, so judge accordingly. Also, this is only the first part, tell me if you want more and I'll write more, including EXTREME TO THE MAX FIGHT SCENES.

Our story starts with a particularly violent human from Dur Pak. The reason for the human's violent nature
is debated, but it is beleived to be because his father was torn apart by wolves on his way to a Dwarven
Fortess to trade, but this may not be accurate, as this human, Obin Hipfist, ran the gauntlet of tragedy
during his childhood.

For example, when he was just 6 his town was raided by a group of Dwarves, whom the humans were at war
with during the early years of Obin. he witnessed a family friend, who was employed as a guard by the town,
be cloven asunder by an Axedwarf. Ever since then Obin was fascinated with violence. Once his mother
caught little Obin in the backyard, hitting a hoary marmot repeatedly in the face with a stone.

During his teenage years, Obin's mother and sister were murdered by a goblin. Obin was since then
an orphan, with no family left. At the age of 15, he vowed to get revenge on the dwarves and the goblins
for what they had done to him. When asked by his trainer what weapon he wished to specialize in, he
chose what any violence-obsessed person would choose--Hammers. Obin considered them the perfect tool
for revenge;they cause great pain to the victim and crete a satisfying amount of gore.

After three years of training, Obin Hipfist emergerged from training an accomplished Hammerman, and
was thirsty for revenge.

Norrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Story] Obin Hipfist: Revenge.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 10:20:00 pm »

I quoted when i meant to edit. I'm such an idiot.

[ April 06, 2008: Message edited by: Norrock ]

Norrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 11:33:00 pm »

Alright, part 2, since obviously none of you are going to comment on the first part.

------
Obin decided to go after the goblins first, to have sweet revenge on the evil bastards that took his
mother and sister away from him. He was tipped off by the mayor of Dur Pak that the nearest Goblin
settlement was that of Jackaltempt. And so Obin set off on a three day journey for his target, Jackaltempt.
Pity the goblin residing in the vile pit of Jackaltempt, thought Obin, that they shall fall one by one
by my hammer.

After arriving at Jackaltempt, Obin startin looking for an entrance to one of the three goblin
structures in that area. Obin looked for around 5 minutes, but he was still above the first goblin structure.
before too long, he found a ledge that he could jump off to get onto the roof of the fortress. What obin
did not realize was that an Elite Crossbowman lie in wait. Obin foolishly jumped leaped before he
looked, and had barely enough time to stand up before the first bolt flew straight at him and hit him in the lower body,
lodging in the wound and damaging some vital organs. This took Obin by complete surprise, and he knew
he would not be able to reach his adversary with his hammer as he would be impaled by the hail of bolts
before he ever got within range. So, in what Obin knew would be his only chance, he hurled his hammer at the foul goblin.
-----

Part three later.

Also, an interesting note: The Obin I'm basing this story off of got pierced through as soon as he jumped down there. But fear not all you reading(yes, both of you), I will make a new Hammerman at the same town with the same name. The epic tale of Obin Hipfist shall not end here.

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 08:03:00 am »

quote:
Also, an interesting note: The Obin I'm basing this story off of got pierced through as soon as he jumped down there. But fear not all you reading(yes, both of you), I will make a new Hammerman at the same town with the same name. The epic tale of Obin Hipfist shall not end here.

Hehe, this might happen more than once so some savescumming might be in order.  Anyway, nice little tale.

[ April 06, 2008: Message edited by: Krash ]

MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.

Norrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 10:37:00 am »

Thanks. Incoming third part.

----
Obin awoke, his vision hazy.

Am...I dead? Obin wondered.

"Hey, he's waking up!" Said a child's voice excitedly. The haze stopped clouding Obin's vision. The
Hammerman groggily looked around. This place looked familiar...

Obin sat up, looking around some more.  "It's about time you woke up!" another voice, this one female,
said.

It can't be... Obin thought. There was a child sitting in a chair at a table across from a woman.
The child's mother. They were both looking at him with interest. I know these people... Obin thought.

They're...They're my mother and sister.

This was the day they were supposed to go on a vacation, which is, for Obin's family, an event that
happens only once every two years. Obin got up, rather against his will, for Obin was not controlling his
body. Obin looked down, at his body. The ground was much closer than Obin was used to. He was a child
again. "Morning Mom..." The young Obin said sleepily.

"Go get some food and join us at the table, hm?" Said Obin's mother.

"Okay," said Obin, stretching to fully awake himself. Obin walked over to the Alder barrel that contained
the family's food, grabbed some turtle meat, and turned around.

But his mother and sister were gone. In their place were skeletons, not of the living kind, but of
the corpse kind. Behind them was a grinning goblin.
----

THE PLOT THICKENS!