Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Regarding the Settlement of Mishos Rash  (Read 1792 times)

Getheli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Regarding the Settlement of Mishos Rash
« on: May 08, 2008, 12:27:00 am »

You find this letter near an uncompleted ruined box-fort on the shoreline of Arel Arngish, a haunted ocean known for its schools of blue tuna. There are a few splatters of blood on the document, both dwarven and goblin.

quote:

To the most honorable Dakost Cilobnosing,

We are saddened to hear of the failure of your expedition, and recompensation is being sent out to the family members of the departed. Your last correspondence describing the manner of their deaths was sadly mangled, so as a precaution, we of Missionaries for Armok would like to go over the details.

Our records show that you lost three dwarves to goblin ambushes. This is after your assurances regarding your Kitten Early Warning system, and I am beginning to doubt your expertise with dwarven security. We are, however, heartened by the news of your success with training cats as war animals, and will gladly give you the go-ahead for further research.

We are gravely worried about the undead threat near the beaches, seeing how four dwarves and countless animals were slaughtered by the undead. Our next expedition to the "Beaches of Death", as you yourself call them, will be heavily armored and armed with dwarven warhammers rather than crossbows and mere leather.

The reports of starving or dehydrated dwarves passing away is, unfortunately, a depressing side effect of dwarven free-market capitialism. The next expedition will be screened for good birth and connections. We will also offer them an even greater discount for dwarven health insurance.

Our third expedition to Mishos Rash will, hopefully, relieve the battered second expedition. We think that the site has great potential, given its nearby volcano and layers of dolomite, and would urge you not to give up hope on the project. The Missionaries of Armok are thankful for your service to the Blood God, and we hope that this letter finds you in good health.

With warmest regards,
   Asen Risentumam

P.S. Please finish construction on the fortress within the year or we will have to retrieve the balance of our expeditionary funding from your extensive estate.

P.S.S. We are sorry to inform you that your cat died after colliding with an obstacle. That is all the information we have at the moment.

"S'funny thing, 'tis."

"Wossat y'got there?"

"Some kinda' letter, from th'fellow who sent us here. See here?" the dwarf points down near the signature. "That there's the fellow that sent us here, indeed it is. Di'nt he say WE were the third expedition?"

"Ah, well, 'tis true, 'cepting the fact that th'aforementioned third group was, as y'say, 'waylaid' by a band o' angry camels"

"Ach, they're a foul beast when roused, they are. Y'figgur' the fellow 'tis mentioned for, uh... lesseee... Dakost Cilobnosing, is the poor dirty bastard gibberin' in th'low income housin'."

"The one wit' the thong on 'is head, ya?"

"Thats the one, indeedy-do. Should we be puttin 'im out o' his misery or somethin'?"

"Naw, 'e makes me giggle. See how the wrestles with that there mushroom? Did that once an' me pappy bashed me over the head wi' m'brother."

"Always wondered how ye got that helmet o' yours, boss. Anywho, we got us a job t'do. Seems the dumb bastards scattered everything around, an' we got t'organize things a little, eh?"

"A-yep."

((TLDR I'm on the third reclaim of a haunted beach. I only get a trickle of migrants, say 2-4 a year, or less. The ambushes, combined with schools of undead Blue Tuna (Lead by the awesomely named "Scarredautumn") have decimated the last few expeditions with the help of the dwarven healthcare system. I've never done a community forest, but would anyone be interested in a dwarf? I got 10, 7 of which are military, 6 hammerdwarves and one axedwarf. Will post images of personalities and skills if requested.))

1. Fualkner
2. A_Fey_Dwarf
3. Sparksol
4. Istrian
5. Snoopicus
6. Os Q
7. Doctr Zombie

[ May 08, 2008: Message edited by: Getheli ]

Those are brave men over there. Lets go kill them.<BR>~Tyrion Lannister

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding the Settlement of Mishos Rash
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 02:37:00 am »

Give me a male hammerdwarf. Call him Xombis, make him a shifty sort of fellow with a strange interest/fetish in the undead.

Sparksol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 04:23:00 am »

I'll take whoever does the cooking/brewing, if any. Named Erdaak. Likes to make people wonder what ingredients are actually in the food.
Religion, over time, tends to diverge. Science tends to converge.
Funny thing about magic, it doesn't consistently go either way.

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 09:38:00 am »

Any melee male military dwarf will do for me. Call him Istrian.

Snoopicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kung Fu Kingdom - An RTS with Kung Fu!
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 09:58:00 am »

I am totally down.

Snoopicus, sex doesn't matter. I'll take the axedwarf if s/he is a woodcutter, otherwise I'll take the hammer dwarf with the most military skills.

Snoopicus: What is the kill radius of lava heat?
Snugglybear: I''ve seen it, I think, kill dudes one level above it. But the guy was falling into it at the time, as a dwarven sacrifice. So it''s hard to say.

Os Q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 10:24:00 am »

I'll take a dwarf, nicknamed Blarg if male, Blarge if Female. (He/she likes yelling "BLARG!" when angry.) Thanks
..at least put some spikes in your clubs for goodness sake!

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.playingdeadcomic.com
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 11:11:00 am »

Third Time's the charm, right?

I'll take a warrior, name him/her Yarbles.

DoctrZombie has been happy lately. He admired a masterwork poorly drawn webcomic lately.He wrote about a community fortress recently.

Getheli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 02:30:00 pm »

Fortress save just screwed up on me. Starting a new reclaim now.
Seven dwarves available.

[ May 08, 2008: Message edited by: Getheli ]

Those are brave men over there. Lets go kill them.<BR>~Tyrion Lannister

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 12:24:00 pm »

If I can still join, then a dwarf called maggarg, male, preferbly.
Oh, and millitary would be preferred.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.