Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Rocksquid: Failure is fun! (Community Fort)  (Read 3397 times)

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rocksquid: Failure is fun! (Community Fort)
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2008, 12:17:00 pm »

Kalen's log. 23rd Slate.

Okay, still no spotting of the Bellsmaw. And it seems I won't be finding it, due to the fact that our magnificent leader has decided to settle in this wasteland. I miss my ship...

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Werdnari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2008, 04:08:00 pm »

Journal of Sula Kosothecem
14th Malachite, Year 1

Kalen took me aside today, an impish twinkle in her eye. Down into the central shaft we crept, until she found what she'd brought me for. Kira and Sister Veshrimtar were getting to know eachother. I was shocked, to say the least. Kalen made several lewd remarks about the two before turning and leaning towards me. I nearly fell over when she began to blackmail me, threatening to tell Kira and Veshrimtar that she'd found me spying on them! She demanded a sword by the end of the month, ignoring the fact that we had no metals or even an anvil! Regardless, I was forced to agree, as refusing risked destroying what little support I had from the two. By the gods, I loathe that Kalen.

20th Galena, Year 1

Kalen has informed me that our food stocks have rotted. Seventy turtles lost! I've ordered the butchering of the donkey and horse from our wagon as an emergency measure. I've planted our plump helmet spawn. Though the deadline for Kalen's sword has passed, I do not believe that she has told Kira or Veshrimtar anything. I fear she is saving her hand for another round.

1st Limestone, Year 1

The female muskox gave birth to twins today, with help from Norman. We're not sure which of the males is the father, so we may have to import new males to prevent inbreeding in the future. The two female dogs also look ready to birth young, and Norman has asked to have his duties given to others in order to safeguard the birth of puppies. I'll take on his workload, as I don't believe myself able to throw such a task upon the others after all the hard work they have already done.

23rd Limestone, Year 1

The first supply caravan has arrived. Sister Veshrimtar handled the trading, turning a handful of trinkets brought with us into a healthy amount of meats and fish. She also met with our liason, Oddom Merchanttrailed. I feel her last name is quite fitting for a liason, myself!  

-----

Does anyone have a preference for the depth of the living quarters?

[ May 11, 2008: Message edited by: Werdnari ]

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 04:32:00 am »

"21st Galena, Year 1.

Today was a terrible day. I found out that we had had a donkey, but it was butchered.
Poor donkey. I never even had a chance to find out it's name.

End entry."

Sparksol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2008, 05:59:00 am »

Kessif's Rocksquid Journal, Entry 1:

Good thing we brought all this wood, we've got beds now. It doesn't look like I'll get to use much of it practicing glassmaking, which is probably just as well. Dresdor's the only other one who seems to like the stuff. Maybe I'll get to make some once we're settled in decently.

In the meantime, there's rocks to move and shape.

Religion, over time, tends to diverge. Science tends to converge.
Funny thing about magic, it doesn't consistently go either way.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2008, 04:16:00 pm »

Nice job whit the priestess diary, thou maybe she should be a bit more zealous, and maybe something about the fact the other dwarves worship other gods.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2008, 04:42:00 pm »

Kalen's Log. 14th Malachite.

Blackmailed that sonuvabitch to get me a sword in a month. I know that it's completely impossible for him to do so, but it gives me leverage for future negotiations.

Kalen's Log. 20th Galena.

I screwed with his head again today when I informed him about the turtles that rotted. It was hilarious to see the look on his face when he found out.

Kalen's Log, 23rd Limestone.

The caravan from the mountainhomes finally arrived. Sadly, there were no swords available, but we managed to get more food supplies, which is always a plus.

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.
Pages: 1 [2]