Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Tragedy at Oldtrumpet  (Read 1749 times)

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Tragedy at Oldtrumpet
« on: May 09, 2008, 04:31:00 am »

This is pretty much just a story.

The Lost Diary Goden Keshshakcatten, Born 1032 - Died 1060

5th of Felsite 1059
Before me I see a horrendous construction. What I see is a gigantic green monument hanging from an enormous crane. I can’t believe my eyes that a fellow dwarf could do such a thing. Why have I of all dwarves been sent to this glass worshiping fellowship? It’s a place that is rumored to rival the Elves in their hippy beliefs and dislike of living within the safety of stone. Whatever my kings reason for sending me here I suppose I have to obey and be this monstrosity of an outpost’s Dungeon Master.

8th of Felsite
After taking a quick tour of the place, I have confirmed my beliefs that this place is fit for no dwarf. All of which I have meet seem to be in a state of hypnosis. I am very worried. The tour was short. My bedroom seems to be 13 levels below the surface which is good. However my room is nowhere near any other dwarfs room. I have no idea where they sleep, eat or drink (If they do at all, they seem like mindless zombies).  There seems to be a heavy glass industry working on the ground floor. Disturbingly they have almost 6 glass magma smelters to every forge. A basic workshop area also exists on the 1st floor.

28th of Hemitite
There is not much to do here. No beasts to tame. No metal to craft. I don’t understand why this place even needed a dungeon master like me. I have spent this month constantly drunk and depressed. I must get out and take a better look around this place but I can’t seem to get out of this drinking, eating, sleeping cycle.

4th of Malachite
I finally dragged myself out of bed today. It felt like I had slept for half a month. As I walked around the fortress I felt completely isolated. No one would talk to me they all just seemed to be working the glass furnaces. The fortress was the same, nothing had changed. Tomorrow I think I will either throw myself into the magma moat or check out the glass monument I saw when I got here.

[ May 10, 2008: Message edited by: A_Fey_Dwarf ]

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Tragedy at Oldtrumpet
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 05:26:00 pm »

5th of Malachite
Wholly shit, what have these dwarves done? The glass monument I saw earlier was not something devoted to the gods. It was something entirely different. It seems that the fucked out of her head mayor has mandated a giant above ground living complex made entirely of glass. She has some strange theory that involves a parallel universe and a wormhole within the earth. What have I gotten myself into?

7th of Malachite
I have had it. I don’t care what the king has ordered me to do. I am packing up my belongings and leaving. I marched up to the mayor’s office and told her that I will go. I told her that the king will hear of her delusional state and send an army to remove her atrocity of a building.
I have a detailed map of her outpost within my CHEST. It must be delivered to the king at any cost.

8th of Malachite
Those bastards have locked me in. I tried to escape through the only gate, but I was too slow and the drawbridge closed before I could reach it. I must escape this place before I become like one of the mindless zombies who reside here. I have also noticed that the fortress guard seems to be trailing me and watching my every move. I am trapped.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 12:20:00 am »

????????
I am going to die here. Here?? Where is here. Who am I. Why is my beard covered in blood? Why is it so hot? My head hurts. My faithful journal, you are my last bond with everything sane. Please tell me journal, what should I do? Why is everything so green? I remember someone hitting me over the head but it seems so long ago.

????????
I see what you mean my lovely journal. This place is amazing. How could a dwarf go a single day without living in this magical green palace?

????????
Thank you Journal, for your insightful knowledge and the happiness you bring. I see my future clearly now. I know my place with-in this joyous castle. There is no need for clothes. There is no need for work. I have been ecstatic lately. Partying my heart out with-in this great green glass wonderland. But you already knew that journal didn’t you.

????????
Master said that the day of reckoning is nearing. Only the faithful will be transported to a place even more joyous then our own. Master has given me the honor of setting us off on our journey. She said that the trigger must be pulled at the correct time and correct date. She also gave me this MAP so I can find where the trigger is.

????????
I am readying myself for departure. We all are. Master said that no possessions will come with us. I will mourn your death as you are left behind, I will love you and all of your fantastic pages. BYE

[ May 10, 2008: Message edited by: A_Fey_Dwarf ]

Fualkner

• Bay Watcher
  • My glasses split light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 09:31:00 pm »

OH GOOD GRIEF.

It's great. Dwarven cultists! Awesome.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 10:35:00 pm »

Yea, I was going to make a video/movie of the glass cube falling down but for some reason I decided to look at the map in the 3d viewer thing. It then crashed and corrupted my save file. I am so pissed off. I should have backed it up or something just in case but i didn't.   :(

gurra_geban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 10:02:00 am »

awesome story!
een failing lately?

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 09:19:00 pm »

bumpity bumpity boo.

*uses phoenix down on topic*

zagibu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 04:15:00 am »

Pretty nice. Now if you've had made the cube out of CRYSTAL GLASS, I would have been impressed  :p.
99 barrels of beer in the pile
99 barrels of beer!
If some dwarves know the way to the pile
0 barrels of beer in the pile!