Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: She doesn't care about anything any more.  (Read 1345 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
She doesn't care about anything any more.
« on: May 10, 2008, 10:25:00 am »

This is just a small story, I don't try to make it poetic because I know my english-speaking skills are terrible, but I enjoyed it.
I playtested the last version of my modpack and it was fun in all meanings.

I wanted to try the new pets so I hacked points and started with 5 of each new war pets (5 hawks, 5 bats, 5 monitor lizards) and equipped my dwarves (6 platemails, 6 shields, 6 helms, 6 leggings, 3 axes and 3 hammers - yeah I forgot about poor 7th guy, it was a girl by the way).

Then I started on the goblin dark fortress.

I tied all the pets to my leader and led the attack on the goblin temple.
The fliers headed directly to the top of the temple, killing a bowgoblin and hurting guards.

Then I've lost 2 bats to 2 bowgoblins, other fliers made them unconcious (tearing their eyes off, I was amazed when I saw something like "a war hawk grabs the goblin bowman by the head ... the right eye is gouged out!").

After quickly dispatching the enemies I headed to the nearest tower.
By the way, monitor lizards are good helpers due to their speed - they manage to charge at the hammer/axegoblins and to throw them on the ground by their weight, thus my warrior have the first strike on attack.
And their bites are neat too (well, a bit better than dogs, but...):

Then I noticed that my pets started to die (I have combat reports on).
I saw a goblin axelord on top of that tower and a lot of flier pets' bodies around him. He was unharmed.
I charged at the top level and the epic battle was fought. Notice those limbs: they are from my outpost leader. The goblin punk managed to cut almost all his limbs off. Also he cut the 2nd dorf's arm.

The dwarf didn't bleed for some reason, but he was unconcious and in pain.
My unarmed and unarmoured dwarven girl (and unharmed for the god's sake) took the leader's items. She is the only dwarf who isn't very unhappy. She is happy of the slaughter instead. A mad bitch.

I looked at the 3rd tower and saw that it's full of priests and with a demon on top.
Well, I should take this tower with my 5 soldiers. The king ordered that. And I don't know why did he give the name "The Suicidal Beards" to our squad. A strange coincidence.
Anyway, we should strike now. For the Golden Crypt!
{The Golden Crypt is the name of my civilization. But I doubt anyone will dare to come to the demon's tower to retrieve the heroes' corpses to place them in the golden crypt}

What do you need to do to get "doesn't care about anything any more"?

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
Re: She doesn't care about anything any more.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 11:38:00 pm »

You need to see a lot of death or get grievously injured and recover.