Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Onlìl Akur, a community fortress  (Read 14081 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Onlìl Akur, a community fortress
« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2008, 09:38:00 pm »

Logbook, 21st of Moonstone, 1053:
Another couple ambushes recently. Our somewhat weapon-trained troops beat the hell out of the goblins with ease. We're now dumping the excessive amounts of useless junk and melting everything metal.

Since there was only 1 marksgoblin, we have lots of metal.

The army is organized into squads by weapon. General Valter commands the spear squad, and Bombay commands the sword squad. The other squad is maces.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2008, 10:07:00 pm »

Logbook, 8th of Opal, 1053:
There's a tower outside of the fortress. This is a three-level tall tower to be filled with coffins. It's pretty impressive looking, and can hold 24 coffins. This is how we will be burying the dead from now on.

Maybe we'll eventually get some cooler designs, but for now it's pretty basic. I'll draw a picture of the plans:

code:
╔═══╗
║000║
║0X0║
║000║
╚═══╝

I think I'll ask some of the other dwarves if they have any ideas.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2008, 10:18:00 pm »

Logbook, 12th of Opal, 1053:
I had a baby today! Oh, she's so adorable. She already has a beard coming in, too. That's a sign of luck. I and Dwarmy are proud.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2008, 10:52:00 pm »

The Events of the 22nd of Opal, 1053:
"Ma'am," Dr. Bombay said, entering Paul's office. Paul was holding her baby in one hand and writing an order to ban the export of idols with the other.

"The idols are mine. All mine," Paul muttered, not looking up.

"Ma'am," Bombay repeated, more loudly. He fiddled with the scabbard of his sword nervously.

"What is it?" Paul said, picking up a felsite idol off of her desk. She made some random movements in the air with it, causing her baby to giggle cutely. "She likes barrels better, though."

"Paul, this is pretty urgent," Bombay said urgently. There was a certain sense of urgency in the tone of his voice, Paul noted.

This must be urgent, she thought. "What's wrong?" she asked him.

"There is a pride of giant lions wandering about to the east."

"Giant lions?" Paul knew to fear anything with "giant" in the name. Giant cave spiders, giant bats, giant olms. None of them were ever good. Suddenly something came to her. "There are worse things than cougars," she said aloud.

"Yes," Bombay said. "Giant lions."

"That's what the elves said," Paul recalled. When she had bought the cougar off of the elven caravan, an elf had said that to her and chuckled maliciously.

"Do you think they're behind this?" Bombay said.

"They're still bitter about the elf killings a year ago." A shadow flashed over them.

"What was--" Paul began, but General Valter burst through the door.

"The lions are moving closer!" he said. "We have to attack now or risk the civilians being killed!" Paul knew this was true, as it seemed that Dwarmin was the only non-military dwarf capable of holding his own against attacks. He had recently taken out a goblin snatcher with his pick.

"Get out there," Paul said. She knew that this was possibly the last time that she would see the soldiers.

Logbook, 25th of Opal, 1053:
The battle was easier than we thought. We won it with no casualties, but some injuries. I fear that worse will happen, though. If those elves fail, they'll try harder.

I bet they'll still come and trade with us, just to taunt us. They just want our money, the greedy tree huggers.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2008, 09:54:00 am »

Logbook, 1st of Granite, 1054:
Ah, we have another map of the fortress. Same as always.

Logbook, 9th of Granite, 1054:
A planter was getting a drink from the river (we're running low on booze! this must be fixed!) when his head was torn off by a sturgeon to which we have given the name Scaldedchambers.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2008, 10:16:00 am »

Logbook, 15th of Granite, 1054:
The elves are mocking us. They brought a ton of wood and five fisher berries. I gave them a glove in exchange for everything they had.

So I gave them some socks and they were overjoyed. Then I threw a cat skull totem at them to show them that they weren't welcome here. They got the message and left with their glove and socks.

Also, a macedwarf has died in a sparring accident somehow.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2008, 10:42:00 am »

Logbook, 1st of Slate, 1054:
An engraver had a baby today. I've also noticed that many of the dwarves are... close. Ringo has been cuddling with a farmer, Mr. K has been married (I didn't notice. That shows how much I pay attention to these things), and Itichi and a certain craftsdwarf follow each other around.

[OOC: For some reason, the fisherdwarves don't have any friends. Just passing acquaintances. Strange.]

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2008, 02:37:00 am »

(Woo! I got married! Who I marry? ... but before that time for some humor or an attempt at least)

Mr. K's Recipes and Journal Entry 20

Oi, I think I made something with a punch to even rival Sunshine.  Well it has been an interesting time.  I woke up this morning with a ring on my finger, and a darling lass in my bed, but I can't remember her name.  I'll need to find that out as I am now a married dwarf, I must have a child to teach my trade to!  Also, when we have some Sun berries in stock I must try my new idea,  Sunshine with a lacing of Hide root.

-- Mr. K

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2008, 04:29:00 pm »

must...bump...thread..losing power...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2008, 09:46:00 pm »

Indeed, maybe Penguin just got busy... I hope this didn't die, I wanna find out who I married.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2008, 08:41:00 pm »

I sense this fortress ended....

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2008, 09:49:00 pm »

Lets assume the volcano erupted...  :roll:
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2008, 11:26:00 am »

Agreed.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]