Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Onlìl Akur, a community fortress  (Read 14077 times)

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
Re: Onlìl Akur, a community fortress
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2008, 11:56:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by umiman:
<STRONG>calalala-cutacuta aeee ooo aee yo

Calcutta, I am a taxi driver in
Calcutta, I drive my little taxi in
Calcutta, taxi taxi taxi in
Calcutta...

I AM A TAXI DRIVER MAAAAANNNN!!!!</STRONG>

Curry curry num num :P
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Adalore

• Bay Watcher
  • Meep...
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2008, 12:23:00 am »

Hehehe, Another one, its like they are spawning like cats!!
:D

I will take the clothier craft dwarf, Who will complain about the styles like a Bad Reality show!  :D

"No no no no! those socks will never do!"  :D
And maybe I will slowly grow crazy... and then join the military, and maybe I will live as long as my guy in Ironbloods military.  :D

Name : Delaar
Make me snooty, a snooty style critic.  :D

I haves my own gallery matey!
www.adalore.deviantart.com
Not quite dwarfy enough yet.

GRead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2008, 06:54:00 am »

Sounds like fun! Put me down for one...
Let him be known as Maxwell, Maxwell the hammer dwarf!
Oh yes, and I'm sure you will agree that the hammer must be silver; no bones about it.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2008, 06:07:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by GRead:
<STRONG>Sounds like fun! Put me down for one...
Let him be known as Maxwell, Maxwell the hammer dwarf!
Oh yes, and I'm sure you will agree that the hammer must be silver; no bones about it.</STRONG>

You'll be a military peasant.

I didn't know that it would say "He/She is a member of the Beetles." I just liked that as a group name. That's just an amazing bonus.

What else could we get? The Rolling Stones? Badfinger? I'm naming bands off the top of my head that could fit the Dwarf Fortress name creator template. We could almost definitely get "The Wings" (Paul's post-Beatles band). And we could turn the band The Monkees into "The Monkeys".

I suggest this as a new theme for group names! Journey? Nickelback? Uh... I can't really think of any more.

GeneralValter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2008, 06:38:00 pm »

Sign me up!

Name: General Valter. Oh fine, just put down "Valter".

Occupation: Speardwarf/animal trainer/hunter. (any one, but if he joins the military, I want him with a spear!)

Notes: Preferably enjoys slaughter or causing pain.

quot;I guess all of the fairy tales were about people having their crap stolen." -Toady One

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2008, 06:39:00 pm »

My newest one is just "The Angry Band of Metal".   :D
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2008, 07:38:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by GeneralValter:
<STRONG>Sign me up!

Name: General Valter. Oh fine, just put down "Valter".

Notes: Preferably enjoys slaughter or causing pain.</STRONG>

You and your silly Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. I'd do "General Valter" and even make him a squad leader, if you want.

Thingy Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Disemboweld
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2008, 08:03:00 pm »

I'd like the next mason/achitect.

Name: MC Escher

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2008, 08:44:00 pm »

... There's still a miner available, people.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2008, 09:06:00 pm »

Errr I called a miner in the second post-so could I be that instead? thanks!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2008, 09:26:00 pm »

Woops! I got confused there.

Better?

Now there's a free planter.

[ February 25, 2008: Message edited by: penguinofhonor ]

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2008, 09:49:00 pm »

Logbook, 5th of Hematite, 1051:
It occurred to me to take a logbook of the events of our fortress, The Breakfast of Champions. I, the broker Paul McCartney, came here with six other dwarves. We spoke some on the way here, and I am friends with all of them but the head miner, Dwarmin [Taken from actual game data! Gotta love that relationship list].

We, The Beetles, departed from our empire, The Warm Construct, on our journey for wealth and fame late in the year of 1050, arriving in the early spring of 1051. We dug in near a magma vent (too close, in my opinion, but Dwarmin insisted that if we wanted our forges up and running early then we'd have to dig this close. He's incredibly cautious, though, so I trust him).

Immediately south of us is the magma vent, silently steaming forebodingly. Further south, a small river filled with fish. I fear having to bridge this river, as it is said that the fish have the strength of elephants and the ferocity of the goblins.

Recently our record keeper, Door, called me and told me that all great fortresses keep logs of their events from the very beginning. I thought that was a good idea and immediately set to it.

We have found nothing of importance so far except a vein of native copper. We brought sphalerite to be melted into zinc, and these combined will create brass, which sells for a decent amount. Biggs is our second miner and our metal crafter. He's already told me that he looks forward to working in the forges.

Our sock-maker, (as we call him sometimes) Delaar, has done nothing yet but make fine socks and complain of our lack of fashion. We plan to trade a dozen or so socks for an anvil. If we succeed in that, it will make for a fine laugh over a keg of ale later.

--Paul McCartney

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2008, 11:16:00 pm »

Dwarmin’s notebook
Page 1
(A crudely drawn map shows crisscrossing lines, a scale of distance, and a title “The Shafts of Warm Construct” It had small notes drawn in a steady hand. One says “MAGMA-could feel it baking through the stone” another “found a bit of copper ore, low quality” “I heard a weird sound-like children laughing. Fire imps maybe or my imagination?” “3-40 DIG DOWN HERE TOMORROW-saw the sigil of Limul in the stone”)

I was glad I could put my pick to stone so fast! I don’t know why, but the oppressive heat seemed to have lifted my spirits. I can swing a pick as good as I could 40 years ago. Paul was bothering me about safety! HA! Me! I sensed she wanted to be friends. I’m a friendly enough person, but I have work to do. I can chat when we have guards armed with good steel. I met Biggs my fellow miner-she’s a hard worker, dependable, but she wont stop talking about Zokan. She told me to experience nightmares! I assumed it was a compliment...

Speaking of sleep-I wonder if Ringo made any beds yet?

[ February 27, 2008: Message edited by: Dwarmin ]

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2008, 02:24:00 am »

[/i]Log/Diary of Sir/Lady Ringo/Ringa Starr[/i]

Why did I ever agree to come here.  

Apparently, magma-front property is very desireable for us waymakers, as we've decided to pop down right next to a caldera.  The heat is unbearable, even a ways back from the edge.  At least the imps haven't found my workshop yet, I don't know what I'd do if one of the little fiends burned my sitar.

The wood here is good enough for "roughing it", but I'd rather be working with my old lumber stocks.  I've even got to go out and chop my own wood now, which is simply unspeakable.  It's good excercise, though, and my midsection has been tightening up, so it's no longer as much of a worry spot.

These buffoons have no capacity to enjoy true culture and refinement.  I try to make them see the elegant shapes and curves of my carvings, but they all just give me that look, like they can't figure out if I'm joking or not.  One of them even suggested I put spikes on one of my latest creations.  The nerve of some people, really.

They just laugh when I start to play on the sitar, too.

Only Paul(ette) seems to appreciate the profound nature of my work, and I think that's why I allowed him/her to convince me to come along on this expedition.  Besides, these cretins need a bit of schooling in the true nature of being, and I'm just the (wo)man for the job.

I was just adding this in since the other guy did it.  Are we supposed to be writing as our characters?  It might be a bit difficult, since we don't really know what's going on in the fort.  I'd rather find out what I'm doing than pretend I actually know.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2008, 05:24:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>I was just adding this in since the other guy did it.  Are we supposed to be writing as our characters?  It might be a bit difficult, since we don't really know what's going on in the fort.  I'd rather find out what I'm doing than pretend I actually know.</STRONG>

You don't have to, although you can if you want to add your own dwarf's take on what's happening. It adds another layer to the story. If you don't like it, then you don't have to do it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7