Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: The rise and fall of Mörul Anam (Succession Fort)  (Read 8641 times)

Ghostpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The rise and fall of Mörul Anam (Succession Fort)
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2008, 07:13:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Aardvark:
<STRONG>

Ok, no sending you to a trader. I wish Jualin could answer me. I asked him if his dwarf could have some mining experience, but he hasn't answered.</STRONG>

Do you really need him to have mining experience?  Just activate the mining labor, hand him a pickaxe, and presto!  You have a new miner.

t''s so sad.  It''s as if De Beers as invaded Dwarf Fortress.  I nearly cried when I saw how valued and rare diamonds were in Dwarf Fortress.

Aardvark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2008, 07:33:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Ghostpaw:
<STRONG>

Do you really need him to have mining experience?  Just activate the mining labor, hand him a pickaxe, and presto!  You have a new miner.</STRONG>

True, I'll just make him like he wanted, and start as soon as possible. Will post intro either tommorow or the next day.

Aardvark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2008, 05:26:00 pm »

Aardvark turned back looking at what used to be his home. He realy didn't want to leave his old life, but after his accident with the Baron he had no choice. Just because his son had lost his arm because his sword fell apart wasn't a reason to punish me. Anyways it was an important mission. The war against the Goblins was not going to well. Both the dwarves and the goblins had lost all the other forts they had, so founding a new fort would be wise. The Baron had also ordered him to construct weapons to the new dwarf army. What other choice did he have. When they arrived at the location of the new fortress he opened the parchment that the Barons sooth sayers had written down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The burning rocks could be your bane
Use it right and the prize will not be wane

Where the sun is born
The waves will show for your soldiers worn

Deep in the earth
The horror find their birth
But with it all the metal of mirth

What a load of crock anyways, I better check out the waves though there are no rivers or brooks here. Time to start digging ourself a new home.

1st Granite
Finaly we have arrived. The Barons sooth sayers said it would be the best area to setle because of the water here. ut I can't see none of it.
I have chosen a low area for our fort. It is has only one point of entry because of the cliffs on three of its sides, and should be easy to defend. I also see the possibility for a magma moat. But we will need some grates then since it looks like the vent is innhabited.

2nd Granite
Salty, Arkaim and I have started digging out the fort. I have decided the the ground level should be used as an area for traps and areas for our comming defence to take out possible attackers. I have also ordered the others to bring the stocks outside.

13th Granite
I have decided to dig one level up since it looks like the best land for farming is there. Later I decided to change some of my design so that we got a food storage there to.

20th Granite
The sooth sayers had supposedly used some runes and a map of the area when they found out. They dropped the runes and said that where the sun is borne we will find the water which we will need. They also started to babble something about hidden dangers and such, but I didn't get that.
So to the south west we go one level down. If it is under the earth like I suspect I think I'll make somethiing beatifull for our fortress.

25th Granite
Bauxite! Now we have something that can be used with magma.

2nd Felsite
Long time since I have written now. We have dug far south now, and are going to do some exploring to the west to see if the water is here.

1oth Felsite
Water! we have struck water. Ordered it to be shut because of frogmen and Giant olms

13th Felsite
As we are starting on my project we have found Galean. Soon we may start production of metalcrafts and use some of it to show of our wealth.
As soon as we had found the Galean we struck Sphalerite This means we can use the Copper on the outside to make brass furniture and crafts. The Baron was right about this place

18th Felsite
I have designed a Crypt Garden for us the founders of this place, it will have 7 larger tombs for us and 8 areas for other graves and sarcophagis. In the middle there will be a small waterfall and a collection of statues tastefully arranged around in the garden.

24th Felsite
Hrafn has gotten himself a new friend. One of the cats has chosn him as its owner. (or do cats chose their own pets.

17th Hematite
Hrafn has trained our two remaining stray dogs into wardogs after a Harpy tried to eat them. Unfortunatly one of the dogs died, but the rest lives on.

14th Malachite
The cavespiders here seems to be very active. I'll make sure the cats don't get them since I want their silk

17th Limestone
The Cryptgarden has been dug out, the magma is almost ready to be used, and the caravan came today. Thank God we have made obsidian weapons.

21st Limestone
Hrafn has gotten himself a new cat. I hope he enjoys the company

3rd Sandstone
We have sent the weapons that the Baron ordered with the caravan, but before they left the Caravan Master gave us an order of 10 new weapons or armour for the next year. I hope we can do it.

1st Timber
Migrants have arrived 6 Total
A Mechanic called Zefon
A Glass Maker called Erib (I don't know why he is here because we have no sand)
Two jevelers Atir and Aban. I ordered Aban to start making rock crafts. If we are lucky our obsidian sword can become realy nice looking.
And Two stone workers. I'll have then smoothen some floors for now.

9th Opal
Nothing much is happening
Digging out the last of our bedrooms and is going to start on the the rest soon,

26th Obsidian
As my time is almost over I am proud of what I have accomplished. The magma forges and smelters are almost all up, I have created the crypt garden "Orycteropus Afer Gardens" where we can both celebrate the living and mourn the dead. We are missing a well and should start building up a defence. Even if tis year has been quiet we never know what might happen.

Crypt garden

Magma forges and workshop area

Bedrooms

Ghostpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2008, 06:44:00 pm »

Great so where is the save?
t''s so sad.  It''s as if De Beers as invaded Dwarf Fortress.  I nearly cried when I saw how valued and rare diamonds were in Dwarf Fortress.

Aardvark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2008, 08:43:00 am »

The fort

I would like it if people continiued to work on the crypt garden as it is far from finished. More statues are needed and coffins for the dwarves that will die.

Ghostpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2008, 05:37:00 pm »

quote:
<STRONG>The fort

I would like it if people continiued to work on the crypt garden as it is far from finished. More statues are needed and coffins for the dwarves that will die.</STRONG>

Alright my turn.  Time to make something of this fort.

Aardvark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2008, 05:59:00 am »

How are things going Ghostpaw?

Ghostpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2008, 12:52:00 pm »

quote:
<STRONG>How are things going Ghostpaw?</STRONG>

Fine.  I'm very busy this weekend though.  Hopefully will be done this week.

Aardvark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2008, 09:57:00 am »

@ghostpaw
Sorry to hear about your banning.

dresden you can take over for his year.

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vgtheory.blogspot.com
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2008, 11:10:00 am »

Okay, starting now.  I have a couple of fun ideas.

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vgtheory.blogspot.com
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2008, 12:02:00 pm »

Well in the brief time I tried to play, I flooded the damn place and had half the dwarves eaten by lizardmen and giant olms.  So I pass my turn.

RandomRandomUK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2008, 01:29:00 pm »

sign me up please ^_^ at first I thought the waiting list was too long but it seems to be getting rapidly shorter

and is there an immigrant you can name to represent me? Any military dwarf called RAWR would be good..

[ June 09, 2008: Message edited by: RandomRandomUK ]

You live and learn then you die and forget it all

Aardvark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2008, 02:33:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by RandomRandomUK:
<STRONG>sign me up please ^_^ at first I thought the waiting list was too long but it seems to be getting rapidly shorter

and is there an immigrant you can name to represent me? Any military dwarf called RAWR would be good..

[ June 09, 2008: Message edited by: RandomRandomUK ]</STRONG>

Put you on the list. Just choose one when your time comes

Aardvark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2008, 08:24:00 am »

Strife did you get the message?
It is your turn

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2008, 10:17:00 am »

Downloading now.
I recently made a VERY bigcomputer mistake, so I'm not sure what the FPS will be, but I WILL PREVAIL!
(And probably doom the fort, this is my first succession game)
Even the avatars expire eventually.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5