Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 514060 times)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #1065 on: March 21, 2017, 09:57:22 am »

Wonderful, a new evil artifact, this one a prime example of both "light is not good" and "good powers, bad people." It also fits for "cursed artifact" in the posesion category. Arc is a trope master. This means he is incredibly well versed in the cliches of stories, mostly because he has found that these tend to be reflected in real life.
Don't forget "Talking Weapon", and "Sealed Evil in a Can".
Question. How is this an example of Light is not Good, and Good Powers, Bad People? Rosywander isn't made of light(so not Light is not Good), and it is quite evil(thus is not a good power).
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 10:37:23 am by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: March 21, 2017, 10:34:02 am »

It's a fancy name for The Last Battle from the Wheel of Time series.

That's the one where the Calormenes discovered Kalachakra, right?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: March 21, 2017, 10:48:50 am »

It's a fancy name for The Last Battle from the Wheel of Time series.

That's the one where the Calormenes discovered Kalachakra, right?
No.  Whatever you're referencing, isn't close to what we're referring to.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: March 21, 2017, 11:35:10 am »

Indeed. Tarmon Gaidon = Armageddon in Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. It's where The Dragon Reborn confronts the Dark One, and the forces of Light and Shadow meet in an epic battle between good and bad and Mat.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1069 on: March 22, 2017, 10:45:52 am »

You dust away below the last slab you uncovered, but find only smoothly chiselled stone floor. It seems the records carved on the slabs end here.

As you sigh and straighten your back, an archivist scurries around the corner. They announce that they've pried open the door to an old office and found a book of overseers' logs. Many of them are mundane job records, but one overseer seems to have rambled on.

Those ramblings pick up where the slabs left off. It seems Arx decided the slab ordeal was no longer necessary. Maybe he was tired of it, or maybe he thought he didn't need to hide the logs any more.

You page through the dusty parchment pages...

Digging through the archives in my spare time, I've found some plans referring to a supposed perpetual motion machine. Penned by some possibly crazed forumite named Quill. I don't see how it could work, but Armok alone knows how anything around here makes sense and I'm hardly a mechanist. It would be very useful, though, so I'm laying out some plans. Of course, with our current mitepower shortage I doubt it'll be finished in my lifetime...

I've ordered a lot of the farms left fallow. We have more plump helmets than we know what to do with, and forumites are better used away from the fields.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: March 22, 2017, 11:07:21 am »

just start packing food into barrels and stocking them in every part of the fort.  We can never have too much food.
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1071 on: March 22, 2017, 11:38:22 am »

just start packing food into barrels and stocking them in every part of the fort.  We can never have too much food.

We have 850 plump helmets. And 12 forumites. Say again?

A child has been possessed by some strange spirit. Maybe one of the ghosts. Maybe a foul spirit sent by the necrothreaders outside? I don't know. They're making something, I know that.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 11:47:46 am by Arx »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: March 22, 2017, 11:43:16 am »

How much beer have we?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1073 on: March 22, 2017, 11:48:30 am »

How much beer have we?

Beer? Two units.
Wine? 557 units.

There's brawling in the fort. I'm putting up a whole lot of statues to raise the mood a bit. Hopefully it gets a bit better around here. We're all a little sick of each other.

Ye gods, it's bad enough that the 'doctor' is involved. She's actually a brewer. That's why it's bad she's involved.

Also, people are suspending building the statues now. We're under martial law, by Armok, you may not strike! I swear everyone here is lazy, incompetent, or both.

The scholars are fighting amongst themselves. Keep it academic folks, I know you're studying Ur and Armok's influence but there's a reason we've mainly brought in theoreticians on this job. With this and the possession, I'm starting to get concerned. Is there something moving to try to stop us researching lost Necrothreat? It's worrying.

Even the critters in the caverns are feeling the tension and fighting amongst themselves. How do I know? I don't know. Trust me on this, they are.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 12:07:03 pm by Arx »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: March 22, 2017, 12:13:26 pm »

The weapon was surrounded by light and with the gold color and luck based abilities has a very "good" aura around it, however, it is evil, very evil.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1075 on: March 22, 2017, 12:21:30 pm »

The weapon was surrounded by light and with the gold color and luck based abilities has a very "good" aura around it, however, it is evil, very evil.

Regret to inform message fragmented, please resend.

I'm having some new clothes made up with the spare cloth lying around. We'll need some of it for bandages, but most of our stuff is getting quite worn down. It's not helping the mood.

The possessed kid has started working on something. I have no idea what it's going to be, he has a vast assortment of random stuff collected in there.

The queen keeps trying to order people to do things. I have no idea what she think's she's doing. Banned exports? How? Construct things? With what? Besides, everyone is constantly busy anyway. We're actually making progress on the perpetual motion machine! Still no idea if this Quill fellow was raving or not.

Which actually leads me to a disturbing thought. What if dabbling in this sort of the... unorthodox is what's leading to the trouble? It bothers me. Regardless, we're going ahead. You, scholar of the future, at least won't need to suffer through the suspense. Either you know we fell or you're sifting through the old records for interest's sake. Write back and let me know how it ends, won't you? Hah.

I'm told the possessed child has made a phyllite kussad. What in the name of both gods is a kussad? I had to ask one of the scholars to spell it for me.

After having a look, the kussad is a species of horn. Various tubes, but carved of solid rock. Doesn't seem right, but I've mentioned I'm not of an engineering mind.

It's got a picture of some baron from over a century ago taking power somewhere else. The kid's spending too much time with the scholars.

We put one of the ghosts to rest! Finally. Maybe we're getting some of our own back at this spookyness. Full speed ahead on the unholy machines!

The queen is apparently getting wound up. She really went to town on poor Carefulrogue, who's now back in bed. She wants shrines set up to pray to her gods. I guess maybe we can figure it out? It seems reasonable. A little divine intervention would help with this spookyness.

I've declared that people can worship in one of the dining rooms. I think it should be fine. Not sure though, different people have different opinions and all.

The global mod is off to 'beat a criminal'. He didn't say who. I hope that's a bizarre euphemism.

Well, I'm back from chasing him down and it was the war hero Ruthoshiden. Great, now there's a mite in bed, and that takes at least one more off the field to care for him.

Well, the miner is praying in the dining room, so mission partly successful I guess. Unfortunately, we only have a temple to Nekut right now. On the plus side, he's a lot happier for it.

Now he's been meditating on rulership for far, far too long. Where is this going...? I realise I may have made some decisions that seem questionable from the outside, especially with regard to beekeepers, but I think they're for the best. I keep having flashbacks to being... married? to a possessed overseer? With a bone crown? Anyway, even if it's slightly disturbing that I can't actually bring up the details it keeps me on my toes as far as ruling well goes.

Aand OOC/whatever: It's 15th Obsidian, and I got the save at the end of Felsite. So I've got only a little longer to run the fort. Anyone want forumiting or anything in particular done before my turn expires? There are nine mites up for grabs, plus children. Ruthoshiden doesn't count, he's a war hero. :P
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 01:10:13 pm by Arx »

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: March 22, 2017, 02:03:20 pm »

What did Ruth-- do to become a hero?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1077 on: March 22, 2017, 02:04:31 pm »

Single-handedly fixed the troll problem, having lived through the worst of it outside the bunker. He's the entire reason we're not still stuck inside that tiny box. :P

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: March 22, 2017, 03:01:29 pm »

Single-handedly fixed the troll problem, having lived through the worst of it outside the bunker. He's the entire reason we're not still stuck inside that tiny box. :P
Oh yeah, those guys.  A migrants wave came in the spring and I said "what the hell?  Make yourselves a ramp and finish my construction projects!"  Which, I guess they didn't entirely finish before the dead came.  Oh well.

15th Obsidian, 554
Ow.  I normally don’t associate nobility with packing a hard punch, but apparently they do.  My body -- well, the one I’m conscious of presently -- hurts.  I’ve been confined to bed rest again.  Yippe.  On the bright side, I seemed to pick a good successor.  He’s getting this place back up into tip top shape.  Granted, some of the scholars are losing their minds.  And they call themselves the great intellectuals.

EDIT: there/they're/their mistake.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 02:06:44 pm by Carefulrogue »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1079 on: March 23, 2017, 02:11:14 am »

I will probably finish my turn this afternoon. As such, anyone who wants forumiting should speak now, or hold their piece until the next player's turn.

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 202