Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 514107 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #135 on: December 14, 2016, 06:31:23 pm »

I god-damned guarantee you that some overseer will flood the fort at least partially.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 14, 2016, 06:36:31 pm »

Give main stairway map edge drainage 20z beneath it's bottom?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 14, 2016, 06:42:55 pm »

Then it'll stop at partially flooded, and I will still be right. Or someone will floor off the staircase and the fort will still flood.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 14, 2016, 06:49:54 pm »

Stop giving Sprin ideas.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 14, 2016, 07:15:55 pm »

...The last Sprin turn I read had Sprin announce "I'll kill only three-quarters of working dwarves because I'm being nice" to Gwolfski, then proceeded to just that (ignoring Sprin's counting fail).

Ideas are just merely how the quota of killing 75% of the fortress (excluding children) is met, but Sprin's has enough of them - that is, more than 0 - by now, so adding more isn't really hurting anything.

I mean, next overseer will probably build their own fortress if the previous one is flooded, but that happens on like half the turns anyways, so it's no big loss.

*comes up with few fair bit worse ideas*

All-in-all, the above is fairly benign.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 07:18:04 pm by Fleeting Frames »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 14, 2016, 07:40:31 pm »

I think we should at least make multiple exits to the surface, to avoid Necrothreat 1's fate.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 15, 2016, 05:07:54 am »

I think we should at least make multiple exits to the surface, to avoid Necrothreat 1's fate.

I don't think anybody anticipated what happened in Necrothreat I.

In the next few days I should be getting a new PC. Any delay until then would be because of that.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 15, 2016, 08:19:47 pm »

Hey, has anybody new been forumited yet?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 15, 2016, 09:06:27 pm »

Hey, has anybody new been forumited yet?

There has not been much progress made since the aquifer was pierced, and as such we haven't reached the migrant wave yet. So no, nobody else has been forumited yet. On the bright side, once I do in fact am able to get to doing it in the next few days, my turn should finish quicker than expected, and not the same length the past three months took. Really, it's the aquifer that was the slow part.

I've also been thinking about adding a provisional rule to the rule list that cites that short-term important holidays (such as birthdays, Christmas, New Year's and other important such holidays for every person) are automatically days added to the turn of the person currently playing. The train of thought I was going off of was that if somebody finished their turn right before said important holiday (for example me finishing before Christmas), the next person would be burdened in either having a bit of time less for their turn or playing during their important holiday.

However, while at the start of a Necrothreat I might make changes to the rules, changing the rules mid-game is not recommended. As such it would be proper to gauge how much support this addition might have.

If you want holidays to be automatic extra days for the current overseer, please state your support. If the amount of agreement is low or nonexistent, it will be assumed that enough people have abstained from a choice for the vote to not pass.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 15, 2016, 09:17:49 pm »

I see no real reason not to have this. Mind you, I'm not going to be one of the people eagerly awaiting/solemnly dreading their upcoming turn.

Of course, if we don't have this, we may have rushed people around the holidays, leading to increased !!fun!! because less time = worse decisions!

But seriously, I'm in favor of this.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 15, 2016, 09:20:33 pm »

I'm in favor too.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 15, 2016, 10:28:14 pm »

Wait, this fort has irl term limits?

'9. You have exactly 1 week worth of time to finish your turn. If you have not finished by that time, you are required to hand over the savegame to the next player if you've made any progress. Three days grace period between two players ending and starting is given.'

Hm.

Well, it beats IronTomato's succession :v

Btw, apiks, apiks' turn's post links are borked - 3 out of the four lead to newest post atm.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 15, 2016, 11:24:48 pm »

Wait, this fort has irl term limits?

'9. You have exactly 1 week worth of time to finish your turn. If you have not finished by that time, you are required to hand over the savegame to the next player if you've made any progress. Three days grace period between two players ending and starting is given.'

Hm.

Well, it beats IronTomato's succession :v

Btw, apiks, apiks' turn's post links are borked - 3 out of the four lead to newest post atm.

Hmm, weird. I'll keep an extra eye out in the future for such cases where the links don't work. Thanks for letting me know.

Regarding my turn, if we had to get all technical and add the grace period + rule 10 + the 1 week, then my turn should be over today or tomorrow. If we don't, then I'm a few days late, yes. :P

I'm planning on finishing my turn by the start of next week when my new PC is all set up and my updates via rule 10 should retroactively compensate for the extra few days. However if anybody wants to hoist a flag in rebellion and dethrone me from the turn, you can do that too.

That said, are you abstaining from the holiday proposition?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 11:35:01 pm by apiks »
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 16, 2016, 12:03:33 am »

I'm fine with Apiks paying us off through rule 10.
My mods and forum games.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 16, 2016, 12:14:11 am »

At least we're getting updates.  Sneakedtunnels had a slew of players (myself included) skip or partially play turns.  "What turn order?" we say when someone asks.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 202