Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 505501 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #1620 on: May 21, 2017, 01:30:24 am »

When you said you were building me a castle... I didn't think you meant it literally, Sprin. How have we not had a pocture of it? What the hell is going with the fortress layout.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 05:36:48 am by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: May 21, 2017, 05:33:07 am »

When you said you were building me a castle... I difn't think you meant it literally, Sprin. How have we not had a pocture of it? What the hell is going with the fortress layout.
It is such a confusing clusterfuck, it honestly does not surprise me.

I've tried making actual labyrinths in DF that turned out easier to navigate

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: May 21, 2017, 05:37:39 am »

When you said you were building me a castle... I difn't think you meant it literally, Sprin. How have we not had a pocture of it? What the hell is going with the fortress layout.

This is what happens with virtually every Necrothreat. I always start out things by making things nice and organized and with every place having a purpose and then over the course of five turns it devolves into... this.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: May 21, 2017, 06:18:44 am »

This is what happens with virtually every Necrothreat. I always start out things by making things nice and organized and with every place having a purpose and then over the course of five turns it devolves into... this.
It's a community fort, Apiks. These things happen, and sometimes you get rooms that cannot be found without having a dwarf inside to zoom to.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: May 21, 2017, 07:54:42 am »

When you said you were building me a castle... I didn't think you meant it literally, Sprin. How have we not had a pocture of it? What the hell is going with the fortress layout.
Im not sure how you could take "hey Im building you a castle" as anything other then literally
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: May 21, 2017, 11:58:28 am »

I noticed NAV's turn request isn't on the OP yet. I just wanted to remind Apiks so it doesn't get forgotten and force me to chrono-torture Glass again.

Enemy post's diary, Slate, 558.

Well! Now that the crown is finally gone, maybe things will start looking up around here. I wonder where the zoo should go. This room seems unused and wide enough for many cages. There's a control room up north, but I can just leave that part alone.

Now to pick out the animals. I asked what caged creatures we have as of now. I'd collect a few from the woods, but the superzombie horde is waiting there. They said we have a rare panda. I was excited to show off such a rare creature, but on closer inspection...well.

It's a little undead. And it belongs to the Mason Queen. Oh well. I'll find something eventually. Maybe when the hippies stop by. They always did have a admirable appreciation for wildlife.

A child has had his toe broken by a ghost. I had hoped the end of the crown would mean the end of such things. I guess I can use slabs instead. One ghost has been memorialized, but the child-ghost's slab is having some trouble getting finished.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 12:03:48 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: May 21, 2017, 09:47:54 pm »

SM and I have decided: the Jubilee shall be a month-long holiday lasting all of Granite. Practices associated with the Jubilee:
  • Sacrifices to Afer and Masea, by destroying trade goods and war trophies in their respective domains
  • Prayer to Omer, god of light and rainbows, by the inscription of the walls with his sacred symbols
  • Ceremonial duels of Forumechs against undead to show the victory of innovation and miteyness over death and blood
  • Plays depicting important scenes from Necrothreat's past
  • A binding and yearly agreement to never make a crown, to never import a crown, and to destroy any and all crowns which we may acquire through any means
SM plans on potentially adding more information later, so stay tuned.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 09:49:36 pm by Glass »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: May 22, 2017, 06:58:42 pm »

It is done.
You know, destroyed atrifacts just show up again somewhere else in the world. It's like freaking SCP.
Actually, at my turn, it was the easiest to navigate community fort I have yet played in. All the rest were much harder to navigate in.
  • A binding and yearly agreement to never make a crown, to never import a crown, and to destroy any and all crowns which we may acquire through any means
Actually, the Adorable Gates was a helm, not a crown.
Now to pick out the animals. I asked what caged creatures we have as of now. I'd collect a few from the woods, but the superzombie horde is waiting there. They said we have a rare panda. I was excited to show off such a rare creature, but on closer inspection...well.

It's a little undead. And it belongs to the Mason Queen. Oh well. I'll find something eventually. Maybe when the hippies stop by. They always did have a admirable appreciation for wildlife.
Hey, on my turn it didn't have a name. The Mason Queen (I named her that, because she's the queen, and a mason) somehow adopted it? She likes zombies? This does not bode well...
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: May 22, 2017, 07:11:23 pm »

Ok, so I figured I should ask a question before continuing.

I got forumechs working in a copy of my save with Pikachu's fix idea, and converted our only normal dog to a forumech.

However, the game gives me this error when I load the file.
Code: [Select]
Unit has misaligned body modifiers.  Adjusting.This message disappears after saving and reloading the game once.

Generally, they seem to work so long as you don't look at their description. If you do, the game crashes. Should I add the forumechs to the game in this state, or leave them out? I should be able to kill them through the raws if we have to get rid of them later for some reason.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: May 22, 2017, 07:32:31 pm »

I feel like they should only be added once we've gotten them into proper working order. It's no fun to have a mod crash your game for any game, and in something as complex as DF, I can only imagine that it's absolutely infuriating.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: May 22, 2017, 07:33:55 pm »

Sorry that I apparently haven't gotten them to working order.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: May 22, 2017, 07:42:07 pm »

Sorry that I apparently haven't gotten them to working order.

It's not your fault, it's just the limitations of changing an ongoing save. I think they're as close to working as they can be.
My mods and forum games.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: May 22, 2017, 07:50:42 pm »

Do the railguns work?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: May 22, 2017, 08:13:38 pm »

Do the railguns work?

I just used the idea you suggested to get the forumechs working, your link seems to be just the normal raws without the fix.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 12:10:57 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: May 22, 2017, 10:32:31 pm »

Enemy post's diary, Felsite, 558.

Spirits seem to be high after the crown got smashed. Apiks seems to be holding some sort of grudge toward me over it. I'm sure we can get past that eventually. The religious leaders tell me that the gods are happy with my decision. They've been talking of making this month an official holiday. I'm honored.

In other news, the last of the slabs is up. Necrothreat is officially ghost-free. I have been informed that we are far enough away from hippy lands that they likely won't ever trade with us. A shame. I set all garbage dumping to be done at the atom smasher. No reason to let it go to waste now that the crown is gone. Later, I found another atom smasher in the fort at the bottom of the garbage shaft. Oh well. I like mine better.

I've also noticed a major oddity. Nearly all our courage wolves are coated in the blood of Tulon Earthenbrave. This includes the puppies. I'm very curious as how Tulon died.

I finished a project I was working on in the empty room next to the atom smasher. I was thinking of all those dead politicians outside, and decided to honor one of the more heroic examples of their kind.

Somebody decided to tag the wall before the statue was even up. I should really remove that sometime.

My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 202